L4W Discussion Thread V

treex

First Post
I'm not sure if I've shared this particular idea with you all, but I've been rolling this character concept around in my head.

A crystal cabinet, crafted by an artificer to help him on the battlefield. Initially, the cabinet was designed with little pocket dimensions to store things, and magicked to float things into his allies hands, etc. Sadly, the artificer got hurt too badly and instead enchanted the cabinet to go in his steed.

And thus, my currently nameless PC was born.

(It's either this or my Deva Bard which takes multiclass feats only)

EDIT: The crystal cabinet would be a Shardmind, refluffed. Classes pending, but would be versatile so hybrid maybe.

Last edited:

@Vertex: I seriously doubt anyone would intentionally remove your character's link from our sites. We're a pretty close-knit group of gamers, and the loss of even one of us is felt pretty strongly. As such, we would not want to drive anyone away unless they were just completely, absolutely, and irrevocably obnoxious. Perhaps someone was making an edit of that page at the same time, and that other persons edit "won" in the system, causing his work to overwrite yours? I'm not too savvy on server conflicts and whether or not it is even possible for that to happen, but it seems like a plausible situation.

@treex : Uber-Multi-class Deva Bard FTW!!! (I've toyed with that idea myself. Super-skill monkey + combat options up the ying-yang [sneak attack, curse, oath of enmity target, etc]) Only thing wrong with it is trying to pick a single paragon path =P

Son of Meepo

First Post
Someone messed up the formatting of the page a bit a while back. I had to clean it up and it is possible that your entry was mixed up in the middle of that bad formatting. You can always just add it back.

treex

First Post
beep boop

I seriously doubt that anyone here would have any malicious intent to harm another member, but when I update or add a new character I take a few precautions. Just to illuminate others, this is my order of doing things.

• Copy the desired format from a character, in this case, usually my favorite speshul snoflak, Kruor. (I like him and I try to make his page as presentable as possible.)
  • Edit/remove non-relevant info, get a decent amount of info on a notepad.
  • Post it on the wiki, any new edits are done in the notepad first.
  • I used to edit my char sheet category by category, by using the tabber makes that impossible now.

So, a little paranoid, but I've never lost any progress this way.

(Also, I have like 5 more character sheets of character concepts I've come up with but feels like something is lacking and hence never presented them to the community)

On that note, something messed up the L4W wikia pretty badly, I could only view in text-only kinda style and I couldn't post my new character: Emsy, that MC Bard I was talking about :D

EDIT: I'd gladly help out with your character, getting you back up to speed etc. Just shoot me a PM or something.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
@Vertex: That's great, I noticed the missing ( in the link but I was thinking: "Hah, it can't be something that silly, a missing page just because he mistyped a bracket."

But was that really it? XD

EDIT: messed up the formatting and now I can't fix it on my school labs.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
I figured this warranted another post, despite me not liking double posts but...

I have retired my Tiefling Illusionist, Jesse Tey'un. I would like to admit that this character was initially a joke character, based on the Korean pop song Run Devil Run by Girl's Generation. His name was a tribute to (my then favourite members) Kim Tae-yeon and Jessica. Initially he was supposed to be a Pyromancer, as I just found the Dragon magazine article for it and I was eager to play it but there was another fellow who just so happened to have rolled a pyromancer as well (and he quit halfway through the adventure too).

Between my time lost to school and the fact that I rerolled (twice in fact, I wanted to try making a warlock instead but I really REALLY wanted to have a school, at least...) and that I couldn't build on the initial image I envisioned, I lost interest in him. At first, I comforted myself with the fact that as an illusionist I could still run with the "Run Devil Run" theme by being all scary and stuff, but that wore out too.

So, I'm hoping I can connect with my new character Emsy (not a very subtle name if I may say so). Can't wait for her first adventure, are there any running soon? I could join up with Nicodemus :D

EDIT: And by reroll I meant remake the character sheet before his approval, some judges may remember the mess of different races and classes Jesse was before I decided on Tiefling Wizard.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases