L4W Discussion Thread V

Grimmjow

First Post
Seeing the lack of response to the proposals Son of Meepo made, I am getting the feeling that L4W is badly ailing... Am I right or wrong?

Who is still active? Who is still around?

what did he say? i saw a whole bunch of people say that they had characters that were waiting for an adventure?

jbear

First Post
Proposals on altering the system of character approval and adding more judges. It received very little response, and this is an area judges/veterans would normally voice opinions. So I'm wondering if any judges and veterans are still around.

If a bunch of people are waiting for an adventure that means that there is a shortage of DMs (usually veterans/judges) ...

Grimmjow

First Post
Proposals on altering the system of character approval and adding more judges. It received very little response, and this is an area judges/veterans would normally voice opinions. So I'm wondering if any judges and veterans are still around.

If a bunch of people are waiting for an adventure that means that there is a shortage of DMs (usually veterans/judges) ...

ah i didnt even see that i guess. well if there are none left maybe people have been here for a while should be given some spots

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
General modus operandi is to post about those in General as a heads up for judges too lazy to check the full thread. ;)

The boards wane and wax. ENW crashing several times hasn't helped. Next isn't helping. But, L4W will likely continue for some time. Forever? Who knows: There are still those playing the 3.x (not Pathfinder) LEW. As one who has been through all of these changes, I'm not pessimistic. But I'm also very, very patient. :)

Son of Meepo

First Post
My main concern is that approvals aren't getting done. The queue was backed up for about 6 months. I spent an entire day going through about 20 sheets and giving everyone I could at least 1 approval, but those characters are still stuck until someone else looks at them.

Thus the proposal to change approvals again.

But I then realized that we might run into the same problem we have had in LEB. There may very well be a lack of a quorum of active judges such that no proposal that is introduced can get the three Yes votes needed to pass. We need to set a lower limit of active judges (say 5). If we notice that a judge isn't active for a period of time and we drop below the threshold, then we need to immediately recruit a replacement.

I would be willing to step up as a SR or Judge. I've had a bit of time on my hands that I could use to review and approve with. And with as few judges and SRs as we've had around lately, we definitely need them. Of course, I really like SoM's idea about letting a DM's review count as an SR/Judge review. I just can't vote on his proposal due to lack of being a judge, lol.

Velmont

First Post
FYI: Real life got a critical hit on my life. In the last 3 weeks, I lost my job, I fund a new one and start tomorrow, my gramd-mother is at the hospital and I broke up with my girlfriend I will need to move... to all my DM, please don't hesitate to NPC my character when needed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases