L4W Discussion Thread V

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=80821]Atriden[/MENTION], here - disclaimer, not really XP post since the crash changed post links, but it's the correct thread.

Atriden

First Post
I was able to find your xp award for Love Bites, but not sure what games you were in. I suppose if you could link to the xp awards in all your old games, there wouldn't be any question.
That is a great idea! And it gives me the opportunity to read the whole thing again :).

[MENTION=80821]Atriden[/MENTION], here - disclaimer, not really XP post since the crash changed post links, but it's the correct thread.
Thanks Neurotic, will take a look at it. I think though my other character Atlas played in that adventure. Good times though :).

dimsdale

First Post
Okay seasoned dms

I am running an adventure where one of my badguys has an attack that requires only that he touches the character adjacent to him during his attack. Is it an automatic hit or does it require an attack roll vs AC

Son of Meepo

First Post
Well, does it mention an attack bonus? Does it say automatic hit? Does it just mention an effect without an attack roll? It all depends on how the attack power is worded.

WEContact

First Post
Yeah, it would depend on the wording of the power. If it's in an Effect line and doesn't say "+12 vs AC" or something similar, and doesn't reference another attack power somewhere else in the statblock, it may not require an attack roll.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hello there, everyone. It's been quite a long time, I'm afraid.

... So, who else still has these old threads subscribed? I'm guessing there's a couple, by the sudden flurry of activity in the tavern thread.

Alright, I'm going to ask the very long shot question: is there enough people still interested enough to fire this up again? Though the whole living world thing doesn't really work without a critical mass of people to be judges and a pool of players and DMs.

The slightly-less-long-shot question: is there anyone out there interested in giving a Living 5th Edition a shot? I'm by no means offering to spearhead - I don't have anywhere near the time or energy to commit to that - but it was something that crossed my mind. If there's enough people interested in getting it off the ground, though, it might not be too much work. As has been said through characters in the Tavern thread, it's a bit saddening to see L4W become a ghost town. I do enjoy PbP, but the frequency of games dying is the biggest downfall, and the living worlds was the best solution to that I've seen. Heck, I played Raiyek for something like 4 years through to level 11, which is both the longest I've ever played one character (either PbP or RL) and the furthest I've ever advanced one as well. (And man, do I miss him - you get a bit attached after all that time!)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yes to first one. I have a subscription and 4e was the main drive behind my copper subscription. I would like to continue, judges are fine to keep the setting consistent, but in general, only DM should be enough for checking the characters.

No to second one. Neither will to learn yet another one, nor time.

Aura

Explorer
Hey, it's my first post here (L4W). When I first came to ENWorld, I more or less measured the living worlds in activity and LPF got the nod. However, I wouldn't mind helping you all get to critical mass (and having a little fun in the process), but I'm currently DMing two games online and one live already so my voice would be entirely as a player.

As for system preference, I don't actually have any, since both systems represent new territory for me. I simply haven't played 5e at all (and have no books), and my 4e experience is limited, but I have some very basic books to work with (PH, PH2, DMG, MM).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases