L4W Discussion Thread V

Velmont

First Post
Another hit for River.... :( If they continue like that, healers won't be able to heal anymore. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but still.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Here's a quick summary

Wow. Fantastic update.

Big fixed things:

Pit Fighter (fighter/pf powers only)
Daggermaster (rogue/dm powers only)
Forced movement: Now works correctly in 3d. You can pull/push flying things vertically. You can push things down or up an incline!
Movement in general: clarified that special forms of movement are just movement; they can now be used when taking actions that move you.
Stealth: now usable whenever you move, not when you take a move action.
Healics: Lovely kneecapping. Healing bonuses from Healer's Lore, Healer's implement, etc now only work when you let someone spend a surge.
Hop down: you can now roll to hop down without being trained in Acrobatics (DC: 15)
Aid Another: big fix/change. DC for aiding skill checks now scales, and failure gives a -1to the base roll. Aiding attacks/defenses is now automatic.
Charge: No charging around corners
Flying: Stun now causes you to fall. Hover is not needed to shift (but stops you from falling if you're stunned)
Goblin Totem: Item bonus
Feycharger: nerfed
Enlarge Spell: wizard-only, and no dailies
Spirit of Healing : halved (plus the nerf to healing bonuses)
Sudden Call: 1/encounter
Brawler Style: now an enchancement bonus (as it should have been)
Throw and Stab: not a charge any more; have to be different targets
Intuitive Strike: now a +2 power bonus (on top of combat advantage)

Dekana

Explorer
Wow, there are quite a lot of changes in this one. Things that stand out to me:

• My tiefling's racial power got better, woohoo.
  • Daggermaster changed to rogue-only.
  • Charge clarified. The movement does not have to be in a straight line, but rather works like a reverse pull. Also a free action is allowed after a charge, so Crag could have marked those guards in A Simple Errand. ;)
  • Jax's goblin totem dagger now gives an item bonus to damage.
  • Enlarge spell is wizard-only now.
  • Warlord's intuitive strike got a hit in the same way that righteous brand did previously.

Dekana

Explorer
I'm really glad the errata folks ruled on the side of "direct" not meaning "straight." The way my paladin works, I charge one creature with a reach weapon while ending the move adjacent to a different creature. Ardent Strike on the charge applies the mark to that creature, Divine challenge gets the adjacent creature. But it's really hard to pull that maneuver without opportunity attacks if the movement has to be in a straight line.

Velmont

First Post
I've been looking at the debuff made to healers, and thinking about it, it put it more in line with other powers.

I've been comparing an Ardent Demoralizing Strike to Astral Seal.

At level 30, an Ardent could hope to do 2d10+17 damage with a Cha of 26 (+8) a Bastard Sword +6 and Weapon Focus(Heavy Blade)

While a Cleric could hope to heal 22 hp, with a Cha of 26 (+8), an Healer's Brooch +6 and a Healer's Armor +6.

That's sounds still in line, even if the Cha is a secondary stat for a cleric and he needs to monopolize two magical item slots while the Ardent can have any type of Bastard Sword +6.

Maybe now I will stop to hear: "Kill the healer, he is the key member of that group!"

ryryguy

First Post
I like the healing nerfs for the cleric PC in my RL game... he's just been too potent, it has become hard to get a PC down to 0 HP at all. I'm pretty sure he'll still be quite effective with the nerfs, but I don't mind seeing him dialed back a little bit.

I wonder about pacifist clerics though. Astral Seal seems like the bread and butter power for them, and the pacifist healer feat didn't help it to begin with... now will it just be a sub par power?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The cleric in my RL game (now level 12) can heal somewhere around 20 damage with Astral Seal (after a couple dailies, it goes up to more like 30).

Session before last, his Consecrated Ground brought him up from dying three rounds in a row. The monsters even started Coup'de'gras'ing him to try to make it stop, but he got healed so much they couldn't finish him off...

This is a good change methinks, might be able to dial back the level of the encounters I've been throwing at the PCs to challenge them now!

Remove ads