L4W Discussion Thread V

Mewness

First Post
I believe that the motion to give a bonus expertise feat at level 5 instead of the flat bonus passed (option 10 on this chart by Covaithe). I'm not sure whether the design documents were updated or not.

It also looks as though the rule restricting the types of background benefits that characters can have isn't in the character creation guide.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Well I think what's missing is the Scales of War Backgrounds. There's a clear step listed in the character creation guide telling you to click on the link to see approved sources. Forgotten Realms is listed as not approved.

I know some judges have said that as long as you're getting either a:

+2 to a skill
Skill added as trainable
or a language besides supernal or infernal, you're set.

Maybe we just need to forget backgrounds, and go with that. Proposal maybe. . .

Im not sure why we're excluding the other two languages though, considering you can get them from Foe Killer. I know we've got at least one PC with Supernal.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
On a different topic . . .

Are you a DM? Have you been running adventures? Are you having trouble sleeping at night?

Well its probably because you're not updating the wiki! Remember DM's, as you get the chance, to please update the wiki. It helps others reinforce the living world.

Each Adventure should be listed in the Adventure Index and needs to be moved from one table to the other when the adventure is completed.

Each Adventure should likely also have an Adventure Summary. This helps other people catch up an old plot quickly, allowing them to integrate past events. You may not want to write much here until the adventure is finished, but anything is helpful.

And of course, when you use settings and NPCs those can be added to the world as well. Even brief descriptions help keep continuity.

The poster is aware that this post is hypocritical as he is behind on updating the wiki for his own threads.

evilbob

Explorer
ENworld XP question: how often can you give the same person XP?

For example, I know that even having given over 10 XP since the last time I gave someone XP, I still can't give that same person XP again: I get the message that I need to spread it around more first.

However, some people have given me XP twice within a few days. Are these people really just giving XP out like candy at a parade, or does it matter if they are community support accounts, or what?

(I suppose this is probably all clearly laid out somewhere in the main forum area, but as I can't search I'm not sure where to look.)

renau1g

First Post
you need to give it to 50 ppl I think before getting back to another person. community supporters can give more xp in a day than non-cs's so that's likely how they're able to do it.

I like giving XP like candy :)

evilbob

Explorer
One thing I've noticed is that people's XP contributions are definitely weighted differently.

So, for example, I think as a non-community-member I grant 1 point per "XP" that I give. I think community members grant more, and I'm wondering if mods grant even more. There's probably other ways to increase this, like participating in the site more - have more friends, follow it on twitter, buy stuff, I dunno. It lists it as "reputation power" so who knows. Maybe it's listed somewhere?

Cleverusername only got contributions from 10 people, but his point total is 58. I know at least one is a long-time mod and I'm guessing the others are just people who are also weighted more heavily. By contrast, I think I've gotten XP maybe 25 times or so (not sure how you can tell once it's over 20 times), and I'm just at 79 points. And frankly even that is skewed, because one time I randomly got XP from Morrus (no idea why) and it bumped me up more than a full level, I believe (like from 4 to 6 or something like that). I'd guess his one-time XP was maybe 20 points or something along those lines.

Plus, XP is probably still being messed with (especially as all these subscription services keep changing) and it only started ~1 1/2 years ago or so anyway so it really doesn't mean very much. People who have been on these boards FOREVER are like level 3 and then there are some new folks who are above them (case in point).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases