L4W Discussion Thread V

Velmont

First Post
you need to give it to 50 ppl I think before getting back to another person. community supporters can give more xp in a day than non-cs's so that's likely how they're able to do it.

I like giving XP like candy :)

It's been reduce. I think it is around 30 now. I've already started to spread around again and I've given less than 50 XP.

renau1g

First Post
Just a note, there's another set of updates today:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/UpdateJuly2010.pdf

Nothing major for our levels with a couple exceptions, but White Lotus Master Riposte got nerfed, Windrise Ports got hit.

Magic Missile is now auto-hit, but no damage roll...
Lead the Attack (Warlord 1) got hit, no longer lasting all encounter
Subtle weapons now must be wielded (like staff of ruin)
Free Action attacks are limited to 1/turn
Wizards Escape (lvl 6 wizard) is a daily now
Spinning Leopard Maneuver got its damage lowered
Harmonious Thunder got its wording corrected to not be auto-kill

I think that covers most of them

RedBeardJim

First Post
Also, the level 2 Cleric utilities "Bless" and "Shield of Faith" are now minor actions instead of standard actions (along with "Purify" but that's level 22).

Xeterog

Explorer
Blurred step fixed (now a free action that can only be done once a turn, but can be done after an enemy shifts so you can shift to the square they left).

evilbob

Explorer
Is it just me, or does the current incarnation of 4.0 have some serious design philosophy changes from the 4.0 of a year ago (or maybe even 6 months ago)? Besides the fact that they decided "maybe we should actually proof-read stuff (even though it's already been published)", it's almost like they are intentionally changing ideas and methods from before... (things like magic missile, for example).

I dunno. I think I'm ready to call this D&D 4.1. It seems like it's changed that much, at least to me.

Dekana

Explorer
How would attacks from action points work with the free action change? I was building my rogue exactly around this sort of burst-power idea.

Is using an AP to emulate a standard action attack the same thing as using a free action? Ie, can I still use Press the Advantage (free action) and an AP-At will (standard) in the same round?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases