L4W Discussion Thread V

Velmont

First Post
I use Maptools (as most of the DM's appear to use) - RPTools - Launch

Some use Virtual Battlemap (currently down, does this sometimes) - http://virtualbattlemat.com/

I've seen a few who use excel as well.

I'm unaware of anything that can print out largescale maps though, but I've never tried it.

Add ditzie. It's like an improved virual battlemap. The two great thing I see on it is A) All your map have a different URL, so you have a backup of each maps. B) You can add mouseover information on each token (great to show HP and defenses). I never use it yet, but I might do so.

renau1g

First Post
FYI I'll be heading out on training from this afternoon until Thursday evening. Normal posting resumes on Friday. I will be traveling via train though and should have the internet for a portion of the time.

renau1g

First Post
Ahhh... such a promising class this time around. I need to have a guest speaker come by though, perhaps I can convince the good Dr.stonegod to impart some words of wisdom? He was the first DM to successfully kill one of my PC's .... ever... in over 10 years of playing. industrygothica has also done it, more recently, as well. Giving credit to all those Evil DM's that inspire me and give me material to work with.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Perhaps I can convince the good Dr.stonegod to impart some words of wisdom? He was the first DM to successfully kill one of my PC's .... ever... in over 10 years of playing. industrygothica has also done it, more recently, as well. Giving credit to all those Evil DM's that inspire me and give me material to work with.
I killed my (then future's) wife's first ever D&D character in the first game she ever played. I'm amazed she still runs games for me know. :devil:

Velmont

First Post
In my first experience in DMing, I killed two of four characters. But that's very little compare to the number of characters I got killed. It has even became a running gag in my group that I am always the one to get killed.

I think the worst is my DM (Mal Malenkirk) did two assassinations attempt on my characters to start an adventure. Twice, we didn't played the adventure because the dices decided the assassination attempt would work, even if statistics would have given less than 1% chance to happen :p

Look now, I am so used that Gloom, one of my L4W character have as an objective to get killed in combat honorably so he can join his tribe who has been slaughtered. :D

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Despite DMing in one form or another since 4e's release, I have yet to kill a player, although not from lack of trying. What I have done, however, was accidentally put my players in a situation where they decided the best option was to try and kill each other, to various degrees of success. That was an exciting session.

Sadly, both of my DMs in RL are much too soft on their players for death to be a real threat. Luckily I was able to spice up our latest fight with some well-placed Blazing Starfalls. And by "spice up" I mean "nearly kill our fighter". And I do mean kill, not incapacitate. Although in my defense, if he didn't want me to kill him, he shouldn't have fallen unconscious right next to that kobold...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases