L4W Discussion Thread V

evilbob

Explorer
We can discuss this more in the thread for the proposal, but I'd defend the parcel system as not being as constraining as all that. For one, there's always the option of treasure (gold, etc.) if you don't want to hand someone a specific item. For two, there's nothing that says you can't give someone a plot item in addition to their wanted treasure, so long as it isn't a permanent thing. I think you're seeing boundaries where really, there are guidelines. (Also, you don't really have to worry about the level of the treasure: that's part of how the system works.)

And there's the counterpoint that given the fact that DMs change and leave and characters drop in and out, it'd be extremely difficult for any DM to give plot-specific treasure regardless of the parcel system, so I don't know that the parcel system really plays against that any more than playing PbP already does.

renau1g

First Post
FYI to all who may not have seen this discussion, but time xp has now officially been doubled (as of yesterday). This applies on a go-forward basis so anything time accrual from now going forward will be worth double what is currently listed in the charter. I'll attempt to update maybe next week (unless someone else beats my to it)

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5300708-post1.html

Theroc

First Post
Quick question on some dragonborn feats.

If a dragonborn takes the feat Hurl Breath(Lets them use their breath as an area attack instead of a close attack if they want), and takes Enlarged Dragonbreath, can they enlarge the area too? The PHB feat was printed before the Hurl Breath Feat, so I was wondering how they'd interact.

Sanzuo

First Post
FYI to all who may not have seen this discussion, but time xp has now officially been doubled (as of yesterday). This applies on a go-forward basis so anything time accrual from now going forward will be worth double what is currently listed in the charter. I'll attempt to update maybe next week (unless someone else beats my to it)

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5300708-post1.html

So are you saying that the doubled time xp will apply from today onward? What do I do with the time my players have earned since the start of my adventure?

renau1g

First Post
Time XP earned from start of adventure to today is at the previous 1x rate. The rates from 9/10 going forward will be doubled.

So from 8/22 - 9/10 = 18 days = 18/30 * x

x = the amount of time xp/gold the PC will received per the charter.

Going forward it's double x/month.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases