L4W Discussion Thread V

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
@igniz13: The reason you're not seeing any Devas here is because they're all on the LEB threads. I've got a Deva Aritificer over there (currently laying low).

I don't think there's a rule that forbids Eberron races in L4W and/or classes. The only hard rule I know concerning Eberron is listed in the charter here under Allowed Sources. It says you can't take Dragonmarks as feats in L4W (though perfectly legal in LEB).

For the most part, though, I feel that social pressure has migrated the Deva's to the LEB threads more than rules :(.

Am I wrong here?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Deva have nothing to do with Eberron; they're a PH2 race, not an Eberron one. Kalashtar are the ones I haven't seen over here.

Deva are allowed (all material is allowed unless forbidden).

CaBaNa

First Post
Most any race is fine, unless specifically said otherwise.

EDIT: Should really check the next page before posting in the future...

Question about approval, will the dragon magazine from September be legal in October, even though there was no CB update or anything like that? I'm pretty sure it will, as it's been out for a month, but not positive.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Devas are allowed, but there's been no fluff associated with them. Any enterprising members can propose something for hte community to discuss.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Most any race is fine, unless specifically said otherwise.

EDIT: Should really check the next page before posting in the future...

Question about approval, will the dragon magazine from September be legal in October, even though there was no CB update or anything like that? I'm pretty sure it will, as it's been out for a month, but not positive.
Are you refering to July Dragon magazine since there was no September update? August stuff won't be in till the Oct update and Sept not till the Nov.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Social pressure? I missed two years of theorycrafting - what's so wrong about them?

Nothing's wrong with them. I would actually love to bring Arkavas into L4W (sans Dragonmark of course), but a direct port, I fear, would be illegal, and low level artificers are quite squishy.

I just can't think of a reason no one has created a Deva here, so I just figured that there must be some 'social pressure'. You know, that erroneous thought that says, "Nobody else has one, so they must be illegal."

Deva have nothing to do with Eberron; they're a PH2 race, not an Eberron one. Kalashtar are the ones I haven't seen over here.

Deva are allowed (all material is allowed unless forbidden).
You are right. Thanks for the correction. My brain has been on hiatus lately. It may never come back at this rate :p.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases