L4W Discussion Thread V

Otakkun

Explorer
To clarify, the aura itself is not damaging, but rather it's more like a timebomb, once every 4 rounds it goes off. The catastrophic dragons from MM3 are my favourite creatures in the game. It's gone off twice now... third time will likely be the end of Team Psion.

You evil, evil man. Well, that's one of the reasons I made a battlemind as my second character, as he really punishes aura damage monsters ;)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I just wanted to take a moment of people's time and apologize for my disappearance. It was always my intention to come back, catch up and go back to everything as normal. I can't do that. My work no longer allows me to do so.

My job has changed in the last couple of months, and until there are more people working, even at home I wouldn't be able to keep up.

I enjoyed the games here a great deal. Not only were they fun, but I think they helped my writing and my home gaming.

I apologize for those who tried to contact me and got no response. Things started to feel quite daunting after awhile and my personal email has been quite backed up.

Speaking of which, please remove me from the judges mailing list. ;)

There are allot of great people on this site, and I wish you all the best of luck. If you try and contact me now, I will likely answer, as I've kind of caught up a bit. Only took me a month and half. . .

Messenger probably won't be back on for a little bit though.

Brian/Scorpius/Bell/Raiko/The Warden/Shava/Rhapsody Crazed Civilians/Etc

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I just wanted to take a moment of people's time and apologize for my disappearance. It was always my intention to come back, catch up and go back to everything as normal. I can't do that. My work no longer allows me to do so.

My job has changed in the last couple of months, and until there are more people working, even at home I wouldn't be able to keep up.

I enjoyed the games here a great deal. Not only were they fun, but I think they helped my writing and my home gaming.

I apologize for those who tried to contact me and got no response. Things started to feel quite daunting after awhile and my personal email has been quite backed up.

Speaking of which, please remove me from the judges mailing list. ;)

There are allot of great people on this site, and I wish you all the best of luck. If you try and contact me now, I will likely answer, as I've kind of caught up a bit. Only took me a month and half. . .

Messenger probably won't be back on for a little bit though.

Brian/Scorpius/Bell/Raiko/The Warden/Shava/Rhapsody Crazed Civilians/Etc
BOOO! :(

Sorry to hear, SC, but glad you checked up. Hope things clear up.

Just a personal request: If you can send the evil plans for the Path of Light trilogy to someone, a warforged out there might appreciate it. :)

CaBaNa

First Post
Yeah ignore Dante Mephisto Gilgamesh, until I tag him Requesting Approval, he's all junked up.

AB will be removed as a benefit before Gil gets tagged ReqApp, even if AB stays as a background trait, the benefit will not be available.

Good luck ScorpiusRisk, hope things slow down enough that you can come back as a player!

Walking Dad

First Post
When will the Essentials stuff officially be allowed (date)?

Is there any dicussion to change L4W's take on the expertise feats? Some of the new ones in HotFL have additional effects I would like for earlier level characters, for example the ability to avoid OA's for ranged attacks on Staff mastery.

Should I propose following idea:

Expertise feats are allowed, but you gain no bonus to 'to hit' until level 5. When you reach level 5, you gain one Expertise Feat for free and an extra retrain option for the Expertise feats you maybe already have.

Someone

Adventurer
Is there a possibility a judge could have a look at Shale? Looks like there's going to be XP awards in Koganusan, and the character needs some reviewing since I overhauled it after the first encounter and he may fall behind the other party members.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Essentials feats:

I have to say, it seems like expertise feats (and thus, the feat tax) are here to stay. The fact that they are introducing new expertise feats that are even better than the previous must-have-regardless-of-build feats is really painful.

I'm not really sure what the best solution is. I'm thinking we may just want to dissolve our house rule and letting everyone take the stupid things at level 1 like they're supposed to. Either that, or give them for free at level 1. I mean, 100% of all characters should take one of these feats, preferably at level 1. They are so much better than any other feat, you're really handicapping yourself if you don't. Whatever the math arguments may have been in the past, everyone is clearly supposed to take one of these feats at level 1, and the benefits kick in at level 1.

What do others think?

Otakkun

Explorer
You can add melee training (for defenders) to the same category. Really, it's quite ridiculous.

On that particular point, the errata on melee training due to essentials is going to hurt pretty badly most defenders (except the fighter). Are we going to adopt it?

Since we mostly play here at low levels, I'd say we just give an expertise feat for free at level 1 and get over it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases