L4W Discussion Thread V

CaBaNa

First Post
Has anyone else noticed that the October errata, contains none of the changes they were talking about?

Complete reworking of visions of avarice, different racial bonuses, etc...

Was that little press release the errata on these, or did they just not make up their minds?

renau1g

First Post
I was wondering the same thing Cabana...I was pretty surprised because those changes are not listed in any errata, just that update document...

CaBaNa

First Post
Further, it seems that the update to the CB on the 12th will not include HoTFK, or the Red Box, so I won't be able to see exactly how essentials changed the game yet.

:confused: I'm confused...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Further, it seems that the update to the CB on the 12th will not include HoTFK, or the Red Box, so I won't be able to see exactly how essentials changed the game yet.

:confused: I'm confused...
It "changed" it by making the DDI update be delayed. :)

You'll see the changes in the compendium, not the CB. Not until next month (unless this "web-based" system they speak of will replace the CB, which I doubt).

renau1g

First Post
Update to the CB on the 12th? Haven't seen that anywhere posted. The october update is supposed to include the Essentials stuff, just not hte HoTFK from my understanding as well as Psionic POwer and Dark Sun

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Update to the CB on the 12th? Haven't seen that anywhere posted. The october update is supposed to include the Essentials stuff, just not hte HoTFK from my understanding as well as Psionic POwer and Dark Sun
Here. CB only gets PP, Compendium gets all.

renau1g

First Post
Damn...well this sucks. I'll need to turn to other avenues to read up on Essentials...like buying it or borrowing from a friend :(

Walking Dad

First Post
On the first page of the errata, they announce a bigger errata for November...

I'm actually not a fan of that idea. You're effectively trading a +1 to hit for levels 1-4 for a free feat slot at level 5. For one thing, that's unnecessarily complex compared to: just use the rules as they are. For two, that still doesn't solve the idea that everyone will take these feats at level 1 - except the feats will be pretty crappy since there's no +1 to attacks (isn't there another feat already that gives no OAs to wizard attacks?).

No it isn't. Neither are they crappy (no more than some other not-must-have feats), nor I want to trade anything. I just wanted to give players the opportunity to get the secondary benefit of first level, if they want. There should be still a free math fix at level 5!

The re-training option is for the character who took staff expertise at 2nd level and don't need another at 5th level, so they can retrain the second level feat. Clear.

Maybe you are right that this is a bit complicated for a bit flavor. We should keep the current system (and please (!) don't adopt the LEB method that makes specialization in a weapon type point and flavorless (less in the meaning of lesser than otherwise, not like in not having)).

Luinnar

First Post
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Fallen-Lands-Essential-Supplement/dp/0786956208/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1286392655&sr=8-1"]Amazon has it for 13.57.[/ame]

That is about how much it is worth too, since it has about 1/3 the content of the PHB1 (not including the rules).

I like it, though the only two classes I probably would play are the Mage and the Warpriest; the other might be a little too simplistic for my taste, though the Slayer looks fun.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases