L4W Discussion Thread V

Antithetist

First Post
Working on my second PC at the moment and thinking of a Warforged with a big chip on his shoulder about the good old days of Allaria. On that note, how much has the old Allarian Empire been conceptually fleshed out? The wiki seems to have some fairly detailed historical information on the politics and personalities of the empire's last days, and a basic characterisation of the Empire as being quite racially diverse and enlightened, but not many clues as to the flavour of the culture.

I have a vague notion of a Greek city-state kind of set up, is that accurate at all? I have a sense that I read that some time ago, but now I can't find the reference.

Am I missing a big source of information somewhere, or is the pertinent stuff scattered through various character backgrounds and adventure threads? Or not defined at all yet?

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
see this post:

Looks like the essentials update was official errata...

BTW, anyone else not able to reach the wizards homepage?

Hmm. I found a strange thing.

The above mentioned "October 2010 Updates" is quite small. It does not even contain the racial stats changes and other revisions suggested by "Changes Coming in Essentials" article.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Changes Coming in Essentials)

On the other hand, if you click "Rules Updates Archive" and read the "Compiled Rules Updates" there, you see those revisions are included as updates for PHB and such.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Official D&D Updates Archive)

Hmm? Does that mean the design team has forgot to add those revisions into "October 2010 Updates" file?

Or, are they considering "Changes Coming in Essentials" to be, actually, a kind of "September 2010 Updates" or something?

This kind of "stealth" update is very, very inconvenient.

So...

I should update my character sheets to match the errata that was "coming soon", and really meant "already here"?

Can I get some confirmation on this being real errata?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases