L4W Discussion Thread V

Velmont

First Post
Well, I have been attracted to Longtooth Shifter lately. My Cleric and Paladin both are shifter, and I was tempted to try one of the new Skirmisher Warlord, and as they use wisdom, Longtooth Shifter seems good at it.

But I finally choose for my 3rd character to do a Psion. After hesitating too much between Warlord, Battlemind and Psion, I choose a Controller as their is less of them, but I suspect there will be many of them soon enough, and I won't be the last Tiefling Telepath for sure.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Ok, making an official statement here,

Larainz Tsani is at 4338xp after her last adventure. Level 4

I will spend nine (9) DM Credits @ 145xp = 1305
This brings Larinza to 5643xp Level 5.

Larinza Tsani is hereby officially permanently retired

In her stead as my first PC, I am creating Saraz bint Farad bint Aquilah as a 5th level human Psion Starting with 5500xp

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers,

Boss still on unexpected vacation. Will be back to normal posting on Sunday.

I've been reading along here and there, and am up to date most everywhere.

To my DM's feel free to NPC and use any resource the party may need. If handing the character to another party member would make you more comfortable, please do. So long as I don't hold any games up.

Also, how would someone qualify for feats that have FR backgrounds as pre-reqs? Do we have a house rule for this? Are the people who want these feats or paragon paths just SOL?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Okay, I know my third character. I've got two strikers, so why not break a trend. I also have two characters one the medium and short end, so why not go to the other. Thus, I'll have a goliath monk. Already finding some fun synergies.

Okay, I'm really going monk because my first 3.0 character was a dwarven monk. :)

covaithe

Explorer
Also, how would someone qualify for feats that have FR backgrounds as pre-reqs? Do we have a house rule for this? Are the people who want these feats or paragon paths just SOL?

My reading on this is that those feats aren't currently available in L4W. If you wanted to make a proposal tying some of those feats to L4W regions (Daunton, Bacarte, etc.), that would be reasonable, I think. Depending on the feats, of course.

KenHood

First Post
Are the 'Scales of War' backgrounds available in L4W? And if so--*cough*--what do I need to do to change Tonk and Hacker's backgrounds...?

Just got the character builder and discovered them.

Kalidrev

First Post
Sorry, KH, but the SoW backgrounds are not allowed in either L4W or in LEB. They are not in the same format as the standard backgrounds, so they have been disallowed, much like the FR backgrounds.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah they're super OP'd compared to the PHB2 ones. That's why everyone in LFR has either one of them, or Windrise Ports.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I'm pretty sure someone was recently approved with a SoW background. I certainly didn't realize they were disallowed when I did so. When I have the time I'll look back through the recent approvals.

EDIT: Found it. Not yet fully approved luckily.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases