L4W Discussion Thread V

Otakkun

Explorer
The fact that we're having the same discussion here and in the LEB forums gets confusing.

Anyway, I'd propose to make the +1 bonus a feat bonus and unban the expertise bonus.

After all, you can retrain them later if you want, and that way, we just have 1 house rule instead of a ton of them.

Otakkun

Explorer
HAHA! Math section done, I think, and it only took twelve hours! Minus sleep, fiancé and eating of course.

PC:Queen(LogicsFate) - L4W Wiki

Now on to summery and more templates.

Background:

* Vomited out by creation forge. <------ LOL!!!

Now seriously, you make it look easy. I had to battle the template for at least 3 days before I managed to understand how it worked. Congrats on having half the work done so soon.

LogicsFate

First Post
The L4W charter says:

Ugh, I really need to read that closer, sorry for the questions I could have figured out myself. Also, unless every feat with the word expertise is banned, I'm going to choose Hide Armor Expertise, Is it ok? It seems like..... an Outstanding Pick

Background:
* Vomited out by creation forge. <------ LOL!!!

I'm a swarm druid, the whole feel and fluff of this character is going to be less nature and more awesome.
A Warforged comprised of thousands of mechanical bees.

So while I imagine the Creation Forges dropping out/rolling out a Forged, or maybe the Warforged just walking out...

For my character I imagine, a harsh rumble, a keening buzz and then a small flop/avalanche of tiny, tiny living constructs. Oooo, I should add something about the progenitor soul being hideously fractured...

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
The ban is only intended to apply to feats that give a bonus to hit that scales with tier. Hide Armor Expertise is allowed.

Viracocha

First Post
Hello!

I came across this recently and have been excited to join. I created a character already and looking to get it approved. How long must one usually wait for this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Welcome, Viracocha!

Approval time is rather variable, but you can play without being approved (just go ahead and enter the tavern). I'm not sure whether there are new adventures starting up at the moment.

Walking Dad

First Post
LogicsFate, have you noted the Hide Expertise errata? It is a flat +2 bonus to light armor AC that doesn't stack with Dex/Int.

---

The fact that we're having the same discussion here and in the LEB forums gets confusing.

Anyway, I'd propose to make the +1 bonus a feat bonus and unban the expertise bonus.

After all, you can retrain them later if you want, and that way, we just have 1 house rule instead of a ton of them.

That is better than the current rules.

But why we didn't keep the one free expertise / expertise-like (gnome phantasmist,...) at level 5 (and no expertise feat before level 5)?

Why is a house rule with a flat bonus to every attack better and for new players easier? If they use the builder, houseruling 1 more fest is easy. The level bonus is not.

Please help me understand the merit of the flat +1/+2/+3 bonus.

Someone

Adventurer
What roles are needed right now? I have a(nother) 'forged fighter just waiting to be sent for approval as my second character, but I don't know if there's right now too many defenders; I could make a pacifist cleric instead, which sounds intriguing.

evilbob

Explorer
WD: A flat FEAT bonus is what I believe was suggested. Honestly, that's my favorite option so far, too. That way you get a bonus that doesn't stack with the expertise feats, so you can still take them if you want - but you don't HAVE to take them. And the math is fixed for everyone. I agree that it is very simple: just +1/2/3 feat bonus at 5/15/25. Done.

Someone: The standard response every time someone asks "what should I play" is "play what you want." Don't worry about forum balance; there's enough people and enough random groups that it usually works out just fine. It's better to play what you like.

Walking Dad

First Post
WD: A flat FEAT bonus is what I believe was suggested. Honestly, that's my favorite option so far, too. That way you get a bonus that doesn't stack with the expertise feats, so you can still take them if you want - but you don't HAVE to take them. And the math is fixed for everyone. I agree that it is very simple: just +1/2/3 feat bonus at 5/15/25. Done.

Would you make a proposal then? You carry more weight, as a judge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases