L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
I don't think an untyped +1 to hit is balanced for +2 weapons. I think why they went with that for slings is that slings were essentially useless next to the repeating crossbow for rogues. I can't find any mention of Grandmaster Training in the compendium. Is that from a WOTC book or somewhere else?

renau1g

First Post
DMG2 contains the Boons. They're a non item-slot magical "item" like the tattoos. Ah good ol' power creep. There are a number of them centered around the PHB gods. They're relatively balanced I think, the 7th level one Davros' Defensive Step is exactly the same as the level 7 boots of the fencing master (although without using an item slot).

Can't speak to the last 2.

In the CB they're under Shop & Boons, just below Intelligent Items and above Item sets

renau1g

First Post
But that's what it's meant for. If a monster can't see you it likely won't target you, unless it really likes -5 to hit plus having to guess where you are. There's lots of items that are a bit powerful in certain classes hands (Ironarmbands and Bracers of archery in multi-attackers), the vast array of charging items in a barbarians/Tonk's hands, etc.

KenHood

First Post
I don't think an untyped +1 to hit is balanced for +2 weapons. I think why they went with that for slings is that slings were essentially useless next to the repeating crossbow for rogues. I can't find any mention of Grandmaster Training in the compendium. Is that from a WOTC book or somewhere else?
Yeah, it's all in DMG2. Grandmaster Training is on p. 144 to 145. Don't know if it's in the compendium.

As for an untyped bonus, looks like the boons, et al, go for power or item bonuses. And, what the heck, it's a wishlist...

covaithe

Explorer
Short question:
How/were do I show the ability increase from level 4 on the L4W sheet?

In the summary, you just put in the new number. In the math section, use the Level bonus column in the attributes template. The template parameter names are things like StrLevel, ConLevel, etc. For instance, here's Quagmire's attributes code block, with level bonuses to str and cha:

Code:
{{L4W:CS:Attributes
|StrCost=9
|StrInitial=16
|StrRacial=0
|StrLevel=1
|ConCost=2
|ConInitial=12
|ConRacial=2
|DexCost=0
|DexInitial=10
|DexRacial=0