L4W Discussion Thread V

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
To any/all of my DMs and players: Sorry for being gone since Thursday, a friend had an emergency that I went to help with yesterday, today is administering a test and then celebrating afterwards, and have two different groups of high-school friends in town Sunday.

I'll be back Sunday night or Monday sometime.

garyh

First Post
Hey all! So, I've been really busy the last few months and haven't been able to check in here like I'd like, but things are clearing up a bit now. So, here I am!

However, I don't think I have the time to run 3 PC's like I was doing before. I'm thinking about retiring them all and combining the XP. Can anyone bring me up to speed on the current retirement options? What level PC would I get if I retired level 6, level 2 and level 2 PC's and rolled the XP all into one PC?

Also - dare I ask? - what's the current rule on expertise feats? One of the classes I'm thinking of playing this time around is a hunter ranger, and since they get bow or crossbow expertise for free at level one, that makes a difference.

Glad to be back, and looking forward to getting back in the swing of things!

Someone

Adventurer
I sent a mail requesting approval for Shale's third level some weeks ago. It's still not "urgent" to have him approved, but I'm starting to think the mail got lost somehow.

covaithe

Explorer
However, I don't think I have the time to run 3 PC's like I was doing before. I'm thinking about retiring them all and combining the XP. Can anyone bring me up to speed on the current retirement options? What level PC would I get if I retired level 6, level 2 and level 2 PC's and rolled the XP all into one PC?

I think this is the relevant bit of the charter, which is up to date as far as I can tell:

charter said:
You have two options when replacing a character:

A) Create the new character at the same level as the old character.

B) Create the new character at least one level below the level of the old character. Any XP lost in this way (a minimum of one level's worth) is divided in half and credited to the player, tracked on a wiki page, and can be spent on another character, with the DM's discretion. When credited XP is spent on a character, that character receives time gold, as if the XP gained were time XP.

So you could make a single character whose xp total would be: minimum for level 6, plus half of the combined total of what your level 2 chars currently have.

Alternatively, you could retire both your L2 chars, and apply half of their combined XP to your level 6 char. If that would be sufficient to push him to level 7, then you could retire him and start another L7 character. That might be a better option, depending on what his xp currently is.

This would be easier to work out with concrete numbers. And if I happened to have the xp per level chart handy, which I don't.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Also - dare I ask? - what's the current rule on expertise feats? One of the classes I'm thinking of playing this time around is a hunter ranger, and since they get bow or crossbow expertise for free at level one, that makes a difference.

In general, they ruling on expertise feats has not changed. In the case of Hunter rangers (and any hypothetical class which might get Expertise as aclass feature), an exception has been made. Such classes receive the Expertise feat as stipulated in the class write-up. The proposal thread is here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...posal-allow-expertise-feat-class-feature.html

On a related note, I am running a Hunter ranger in one of the adventures here, and I am quite happy with how the build is working out.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Wow, stealth drow nerf: You get darkfire or cloud of darkness now. Odd.

In any case, we have a bunch of PCs from r1's "A Night" game that would be leveling up if they had both approvals (can't "officially" get XP until then). Anyone case to help out?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Could I please have a list of those who need a character approved by a non-judge?
Here's the list of all the PCs; don't know whose been looked at by whom yet.
- Damen Bane - Male Drow Thief 6 (stonegod)
- Kaeysari - Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4 (BenBrown)
- Kauldron - Male Goblin Paladin 4 (Darksteed)
- Cyr Iannes - Male Deva Invoker 4 (Metavoid)
- Phoenix - Female Tiefling Mage 4 (Iron Sky)
- Papolstaanas - Male Kobold Battlemind 3 (Mewness)
- Tarkus the Crusader - Male Human Cleric 2 (JoeNotCharles)

BenBrown

First Post
Here's the list of all the PCs; don't know whose been looked at by whom yet.
- Damen Bane - Male Drow Thief 6 (stonegod)
- Kaeysari - Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4 (BenBrown)
- Kauldron - Male Goblin Paladin 4 (Darksteed)
- Cyr Iannes - Male Deva Invoker 4 (Metavoid)
- Phoenix - Female Tiefling Mage 4 (Iron Sky)
- Papolstaanas - Male Kobold Battlemind 3 (Mewness)
- Tarkus the Crusader - Male Human Cleric 2 (JoeNotCharles)

Kaeysari was approved at level 4 before starting the adventure, so doesn't need anyone other than renau1g to look at her.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases