[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
After a number of tirades from the direction of Tonk you see the half-orc cut the hobgoblin down and walk back over. He say we is pirate and they is Big Hobgoblin Empire of Good. Tell him Tonk is Good Half-Orc and punch him in stomach.

As he speaks the captain begins to walk slowly backwards toward the edge of the boat.

[sblock=OOC] Back now. Yes, we should have 4 active PCs from each role so we can move on to the next encounter once you deal with the captain.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, ya do indeed. Perhaps I can teach ya what they be doin' back in Bacarte to those that be crossin' thair mates? It won't be long, but it'll be painful" Murphy says with a grin, his fingers running softly across his dagger as a shadow slowly moves onto the Captain.

[sblock=ooc]
Murphy will drop a shade onto the captain, because he's not hidden, the target is aware of it, but in this case I want him to be aware [/sblock]

changer

First Post
"I do believe this dragon is hungry. Umm, Murphy, ahh what do dragons eat?" Janus inoccently asks as he approches the captain.

johnmeier1

Explorer
The captain blanches at the mention of Bacarte, turns and backs away from the three but trips over the chest. It spills open showing hundreds of gold pieces and a full suit of plate armor, glittering pieces of armor depict dragons flying across roiling clouds.

From on the ground he pleads I'm not a pirate... maybe a smuggler, but I never CLAIMED to be a pirate... maybe to some girls once. These ARE the Empire of Hzaka's waters, but its the fastest way to Old Daunton and we are usually too fast for them. Wimmy knows these waters better than anyone. Suddenly a look of horror crosses his face. Wimmy, I don't know how to pilot the ship without him, is he okay? We have to hurry before more of their privateers come!

[sblock=OOC] Okay, you can move on to Old Daunton, just giving Murphy a chance to show off his sailing skill. Also Tonk and Shorrin know enough from helping out that they can get the boat to shore (we can split the party at Old Daunton). Just decide what to do with the last hobgoblin and the treasure (it is your reward, a magic item and time gold) Still waiting on a few PCs for approval before XP.
[/sblock]

[sblock=changer] Janus can easily identify the armor as magical, after looking longer it turns out to be "Battleforged Plate Armor +1"
[/sblock]

[sblock=OnlytheStrong] The plate armor is from Shorrin's wishlist[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr takes in the exchange remaining silent (something new for him) and eyes the spilt treasure chest with a grin on his face.

"Well captain, if your precious Wimmy is missing then it would appear that you are once again going to have to rely on us to get you through this. It just so happens that Murphy here happens to be a mighty fine seaman and should be able to help you getting us to Old Daunton. Of course, we will charge you a fair rate for his piloting services as well as our additional protection services. That there chest and its contents should cover the cost just fine".

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, indeed ya be speakin' the truth. My hands have guided more than a couple ships safely ta port, afore I picked up the adventurin' bug. We still gotta have some sotra word with tha pirate, y'know, I'll go talk ta him. During my sailin' days I picked up a few tricks on dealin' with cuttthroats. We called it tha Bacarte necktie, let me go show'em." Murphy says, his gaze hard as he stares at the remaining prisoner.

[sblock=Streetwise DC 15]
You might have heard of this maneuver, A method of assassination said to be used by pirates to "send a message" wherein the victim's throat is slit and the tongue is pulled out through the hole.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Murphy will have no compulsion with a quick kill of the enemy, a slit throat and toss him overboard. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
After disposing of the hobgoblins and pocketing the loot from a pathetically grateful Captain Passerine, the group pulls into Allar at first light. The harbor is busy and you place the ship at the end of the dock, far from the harbormaster's watch.

[sblock=OOC]Decision time, a full day awaits, you could take an extended rest now or press on with the investigation. Also you can figure out what do with the captain if you want but that is optional.

Next Encounter: Skill Challenge - What happened to Isabelle?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

Anyone have any objections to Shorrin taking the armor? It's plate so I'm not sure who else can use it. [/sblock]

Shorrin looks at the armor... "I have heard tells of armor such as this. My ancestors claim to have invented it. I do not know the truth."

He holds it up and looks it over, "Worthy of a true dragon, I am not sure I am worthy to wield it."

***time lapse to the dock***

Shorrin steps off the boat, happy to be back on land. He turns and motions back toward the captain, "What do we do with him?"

DMDanW

First Post
"Worthy of a true dragon, I am not sure I am worthy to wield it."

***time lapse to the dock***

"What do we do with him?"

"Well I 'd say that armor was made for you Shorrin" Dextyr remarks.

***time lapses to the dock***

Dextyr looks over to the captain and rubs his chin while thinking. "I do believe that we will require a ride back once we have dealt with Isabelle, so we may require the good captains services still".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases