[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Ooc can we get some numbers on the hobgoblins on the map, this is too confusing once they move I don't knoe which one they are anymore. Trying to figure out where is the one I attacked and why he's not dazed

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=KenHood] The prone hobgoblins were not dazed, they get up (move) and charge (standard) just like Tonk :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] DarwinofMind, they have numbers in the status box that tell their positions on the map, also the damage they have taken and their conditions. I am not sure how to do labels in maptools so that they aren't annoying, but I could try adding them in, note that the Red Dot is dazed and the Blue circle is prone [/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
No, I know they have number that tell where they are,

But last time I targeted and dazed a hobgoblin at P1 sliding him to Q1, He has since moved and I'm just having trouble with how I'm supposed to know who he is now so I can pick on him again... Sorry if I'm being a pest just like information.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the enemy misses him, Murphy takes the opportunity to call another shadow upon the hobgoblin. He feints a few times with his blade, drawing the enemy off stride and then swipes for real, although somehow the hobgoblin's luck holds as it parries the one real blow from the assassin.

Murphy snarls and quickly shifts away from the foe, his fancy footwork making it difficult to assault.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: shroud on hobbo at H6
Minor: Changeling's Trick - bluff (vs insight) (1d20+14=21) if passive insight is lower than 21 gain CA TENT
Standard: Shadow Storm on H6 (no shrouds) - vs ac; dmg (1d20+14=17, 1d10+11=18) oh.. that sucks. Ok so hits AC 17 for 18 damage
Move: Shift to F5 (gain +1 AC/Ref TENT)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Normal
AC:23, Fort:17, Reflex:21, Will:20
HP:45/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

changer

First Post
In a streaking white blur, the dragonling returns to its master as Janus cast another icy spell. The deck and the hobgoblins in front of his comrades are suddenly coated in freezing water which quickly turns to ice.

[sblock=ooc]
Move Action: Dradonling returns to my square.
Standard Action: Icy terrain @ N1 vs Ref
M0 1d20+7=20; 1d6+6=11 cold damage and the target is knocked prone.
M1 1d20+7=13; 1d6+6=11 cold damage and the target is knocked prone.
M2 1d20+7=12; 1d6+6=11 cold damage and the target is knocked prone.
Minor Action: Dismiss difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Janus Reinhardt - Male Human Wizard 4
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
HP: 34/34, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8+2, Surges left: 7/7
Initiative: +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Available
Powers: Magic Missile, Ray of frost, Thunderwave, Icy Terrain, Color Spray, Freezing Cloud (Not Memorized), Sleep (Memorized),
Expeditious Retreat (Memorized), Feather Fall (Not Memorized)

Dragonling:
AC: 20, Fort: 14, Reflex: 18, Will: 18 Speed 5, Fly 6 (hover)
HP: 1. a missed attack never damages it.
Constant Benefits: Can read and speak Draconic. When you spend a healing surge regain 2 additional HP.
Active Benefits: Dragons Breath. Once per encounter, use dragonling’s space as origin square for a close blast arcane attack power.
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
//Attack is based on the assumption that the hobgoblin at M0 is prone.//

As the hobgoblin falls to the ground, Tonk stands and says, "Uh-oh! Is bad day for you!" The half-orc bashes in the hobgoblin's head. [Minor: Designate Prey (+2 attack and damage until EONT). Standard: Super Sneaky Double Hit - 1d20+10+2=28 v. AC, 4d8+5=18 -- using gloves to re-roll a 1d8: 1d8=5, changes damage to 22 -- if that hobgoblin attacks Tonk, Tonk gets an attack as an immediate interrupt.]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Clarification]
I am not sure which end of the stairs leads up to the deck so if I assume wrong just let me know..
[/sblock]

Dextyr quickly equips his shield and draws his longsword. He walks forward and notices their left flank is exposed so he moves around to guard it. Seeing the tight group of Soldiers Dextyr lets loose a roaring shout sending forth a shocking wave of sound.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Equip shield and draw longsword and move to K3 (if I can stand in that square that is)
Action Point = Shout of Triumph; covers L2 to N0, catching bad guys at M0, M1 and M2. I cannot access any of the online dice rolers right now, so John if you'd roll for me; the attack is +6 vs Fort for 1d6+4 thunder damage & push 3. I'll try and push M0 off the edge at M0, M1 off the edge at O0 and M2 off the edge at N0.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] I am changing initiative order each time just to keep things straight. Murphy misses, Janus hits one at M0 knocking it prone THEN Tonk hits him and bloodies him. Then Dextyr moves out of the stairs "down" or "south" (you will provoke an attack of opporunity moving to K3 past the one non-dazed hobgoblin 1d20+7=21 for 1d10+4=11), you can do Shout of Thunder from L2 instead and hit roughly the same area. Here are the Thunder rolls 1d20+6=8 vs M0, 1d20+6+2=17 vs M1, 1d20+6=15 vs M2 which all miss (M1 is dazed but you missed it's Fort by 1)

Still waiting on Shorrin and Saraz. Note, DarwinofMind that M1 (Hobgoblin Soldier 2) is the one Saraz hit before.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases