[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr stands up from beneath Janus, positioning himself between the mage and the wolf. He thrusts forward with his longsword, impaling the wolf and ending it's life.

"Sheng hold on, we are coming to help" he shouts, his words filled with inspiring confidence.

[sblock=Mechanics]

Move Action: Stand up, and since Janus is in the same square, Dextyr gets to shift to U22.
Standard Action: War Song Strike; 1d20+10 (War Song Strike)=29 against wolf 6. Assuming it is a hit, 1d8=7 damage.
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Sheng; spend a Healing Surge plus 1d6=4 hit points.

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng clothes warp wickedly around the wolf when it bites Sheng! After that, the monk raises his defenses thanks to Dextyr's inspiring words. "I'm trying, for the ancient paragons!"
Sheng then moves away from the wolf, with the climbing moves of a spider and focusing his chi, creates an orb of green gas, that with a spark, turns into a sun-radiant energy ball. "Once I killed an oni general with this move, I'll be honoured if you suffer the same luck!" The giant sphere moves through the air, and impacts the dwarfing figure of the huge lycan, burning his flesh and blinding his eyes!

[sblock=Actions]
Immediate interrupt: Deathcut armor damages Wolf 4 (10 necrotic damage)
Move: Using boots of spider climb to shift to Q19
Standard: Using Chromatic Orb on the Big guy: 28 vs reflex for 22 radiant damage and the Big guy is dazed (Save ends)

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Saraz concentrates and sends a jolt of psychic energy at the wolf on the hill.

OOC: Before I run the DM's turn, I will do the saving throw that Voda Vosa forgot and the turn for DarwinOfMind.

johnmeier1

Explorer
The wolf snarls at the injuries it sustains from biting Sheng. Climbing across the side of the hill it charges Janus, easier prey. The tearing bite leaves a bleeding wound in the wizard. The big guy above turns from Isabelle at Sheng's attack and is dazed. Stumbling towards the side of the hill he calls out. Youse gonna be nekst!

[sblock=mechanics] The wolf regen's 5 hp, climbs and then charges down on Janus hitting for 11 damage and 5 ongoing. The big guy fails his save and just moves.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin I18 0/62 dying (1 failed save), Cold damage warhammer
Murphy S20 36/58 any foe that hits in melee takes 1d6, Twin in U19
Janus T22 7/42 bloodied, ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
Dextyr U22 10/58 bloodied
Sheng Q19 30/52 +2 all Defenses and any foe that hits takes 2d6
Saraz T23 42/42 4 PP used
Big Guy K17 -79hp Dazed (save ends)
Wolf 4 S22 -25hp
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cliff11.jpg
    cliff11.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 211

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr takes a couple of steps and points his hand towards the wolf. With only a stern glare the wolfs eyes become blood red, and at the same time so does Janus'. Janus feels surprisingly refreshed, the wolf on the other hand looks drained and weary.

With his other hand he points toward the Big Guy coming down the hill and lets loose a shrill note, holding it for several seconds. When the note ends, a faint glow surrounds the large creature, clinging to him.

"Janus use your incredible Arcane prowess to dispatch that flea bitten mongrel" Dextyr calls out, lifting the mages spirits even more.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move Action = move to T20
Standard Action = Theft of Life vs Wolf 4 (against Will); 1d20+7=26, for 2d8+4=15 damage & Janus can spend a healing surge and gain 3 Temporary Hit Points.
Action Point = Stirring Shout against the Big Guy (against Will); 1d20+7=22 and if that hits deals 2d6+4=9 damage & until the end of the encounter whenever and ally hits him that ally regains 4 hit points.
Minor Action = Majestic Word on Janus; Janus can spend a healing Surge and regain an additional 4 hit points. Janus can also slide 1 square if he wants to.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
OK so Dextyr has 1 Majestic Word left, and will try and get to Shorrin next turn. To do so, that Big Guy needs to be...distracted somehow.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng goes down the slope, and as if sipping stones to a lake, he throws drops of caustic acid towards the remaining wolf as he moves down.
[sblock=Actions]
Sheng moves to V18.
Acid Orb vs Wolf: 21 vs reflex for 11 damage (Crap, a 1 on the damage)
Roll Lookup
He is dazed, so he can only move. Lets hope he doesn't save. I don't have any other encounter or daily powers, just my at-wills. Even spent my item powers! [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The assassin continues to assault the wolves.

[sblock=ooc]
By contrast to Sheng, I have my Daily, AP, item power, and one encounter left...plus all the defensive utilities...

Free: Shade on Wolf 4 (2 now)
Move: to R20 (move assassin to T21)
Minor: twilight assassin attack - vs ref (1d20+11=16) likely misses (if hits 6 damage)
Standard: Shadow Storm on Wolf 6 vs ac (dmg) (1d20+16=27, 1d10+7+2+5+1=21) shade (2d6=8) hits AC 27 for 29 damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 8
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:31/58+5thp, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Shadow Jack
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

Janus steps away from the wolf and fires off an unerring bolt of energy.

His wound continues to bleed.

[sblock=Janus]

Move: Shift to U20
Standard: MM on the wolf
Minor:
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2858101/]save (1d20=6)

[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
OOC - Renau1g, Janus gets to slide 1 square from Dextyrs Majestic Word, so you can use that move action for something else if you want.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Saraz moves back so she can assault the wolf's mind.

OOC: Need a climb check from Murphy on the hill and Sheng coming down the hill (unless Spider Climb boots have a property?). Until I hear from DarwinofMind I will keep running Saraz. She will shift and use a RBA. Update coming next...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases