D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79) - Page 16




What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    After a number of tirades from the direction of Tonk you see the half-orc cut the hobgoblin down and walk back over. He say we is pirate and they is Big Hobgoblin Empire of Good. Tell him Tonk is Good Half-Orc and punch him in stomach.

    As he speaks the captain begins to walk slowly backwards toward the edge of the boat.

    OOC
    Back now. Yes, we should have 4 active PCs from each role so we can move on to the next encounter once you deal with the captain.

 

  • #152
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    "Hold still captain." Shorrin moves semi-quickly, stepping up beside the captain. "Apparently you have something to answer for."

  • #153
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    "Aye, ya do indeed. Perhaps I can teach ya what they be doin' back in Bacarte to those that be crossin' thair mates? It won't be long, but it'll be painful" Murphy says with a grin, his fingers running softly across his dagger as a shadow slowly moves onto the Captain.

    ooc

    Murphy will drop a shade onto the captain, because he's not hidden, the target is aware of it, but in this case I want him to be aware

  • #154
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    changer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    248

    Ignore changer
    "I do believe this dragon is hungry. Umm, Murphy, ahh what do dragons eat?" Janus inoccently asks as he approches the captain.
    "There is only one cure I know for stupidity."

    L4W: Janus Reinhardt Level 3 Wizard

    Current Campaign:
    The Darkest Night
    Completed Campaigns:
    Menace of the Icy Spire
    Just Before Nightfall

  • #155
    The captain blanches at the mention of Bacarte, turns and backs away from the three but trips over the chest. It spills open showing hundreds of gold pieces and a full suit of plate armor, glittering pieces of armor depict dragons flying across roiling clouds.

    From on the ground he pleads I'm not a pirate... maybe a smuggler, but I never CLAIMED to be a pirate... maybe to some girls once. These ARE the Empire of Hzaka's waters, but its the fastest way to Old Daunton and we are usually too fast for them. Wimmy knows these waters better than anyone. Suddenly a look of horror crosses his face. Wimmy, I don't know how to pilot the ship without him, is he okay? We have to hurry before more of their privateers come!

    OOC
    Okay, you can move on to Old Daunton, just giving Murphy a chance to show off his sailing skill. Also Tonk and Shorrin know enough from helping out that they can get the boat to shore (we can split the party at Old Daunton). Just decide what to do with the last hobgoblin and the treasure (it is your reward, a magic item and time gold) Still waiting on a few PCs for approval before XP.


    changer
    Janus can easily identify the armor as magical, after looking longer it turns out to be "Battleforged Plate Armor +1"


    OnlytheStrong
    The plate armor is from Shorrin's wishlist

  • #156
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933

    Ignore DMDanW
    Dextyr takes in the exchange remaining silent (something new for him) and eyes the spilt treasure chest with a grin on his face.

    "Well captain, if your precious Wimmy is missing then it would appear that you are once again going to have to rely on us to get you through this. It just so happens that Murphy here happens to be a mighty fine seaman and should be able to help you getting us to Old Daunton. Of course, we will charge you a fair rate for his piloting services as well as our additional protection services. That there chest and its contents should cover the cost just fine".

  • #157
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    "Aye, indeed ya be speakin' the truth. My hands have guided more than a couple ships safely ta port, afore I picked up the adventurin' bug. We still gotta have some sotra word with tha pirate, y'know, I'll go talk ta him. During my sailin' days I picked up a few tricks on dealin' with cuttthroats. We called it tha Bacarte necktie, let me go show'em." Murphy says, his gaze hard as he stares at the remaining prisoner.

    Streetwise DC 15

    You might have heard of this maneuver, A method of assassination said to be used by pirates to "send a message" wherein the victim's throat is slit and the tongue is pulled out through the hole.


    ooc

    Murphy will have no compulsion with a quick kill of the enemy, a slit throat and toss him overboard.

  • #158
    After disposing of the hobgoblins and pocketing the loot from a pathetically grateful Captain Passerine, the group pulls into Allar at first light. The harbor is busy and you place the ship at the end of the dock, far from the harbormaster's watch.

    OOC
    Decision time, a full day awaits, you could take an extended rest now or press on with the investigation. Also you can figure out what do with the captain if you want but that is optional.

    Next Encounter: Skill Challenge - What happened to Isabelle?
    Last edited by johnmeier1; Wednesday, 12th May, 2010 at 07:40 PM.

  • #159
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    ooc


    Anyone have any objections to Shorrin taking the armor? It's plate so I'm not sure who else can use it.


    Shorrin looks at the armor... "I have heard tells of armor such as this. My ancestors claim to have invented it. I do not know the truth."

    He holds it up and looks it over, "Worthy of a true dragon, I am not sure I am worthy to wield it."

    ***time lapse to the dock***

    Shorrin steps off the boat, happy to be back on land. He turns and motions back toward the captain, "What do we do with him?"

  • #160
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933

    Ignore DMDanW
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    "Worthy of a true dragon, I am not sure I am worthy to wield it."

    ***time lapse to the dock***

    "What do we do with him?"
    "Well I 'd say that armor was made for you Shorrin" Dextyr remarks.

    ***time lapses to the dock***

    Dextyr looks over to the captain and rubs his chin while thinking. "I do believe that we will require a ride back once we have dealt with Isabelle, so we may require the good captains services still".

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    2. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    3. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
    4. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM
    5. Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)
      By SeaPainter in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 300
      Last Post: Tuesday, 14th July, 2009, 08:20 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •