D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79) - Page 17




  1. #161
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    "Well if Tonk or Saraz don't mind maybe they can be keepin' an eye on the captain, makin' sure he ain't takin' fer safer waters, if ya catch my drift" Murphy says to the group. "Oi, that be a fancy set of new armor Shorrin, it be lookin' good wit' yer scales, ye'll put the fear inta their hearts that's fer sure" he adds, patting the dragonborn's shoulder.


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

 

  • #162
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    It is an odd sight, seeing a dragonborn blush. Yet there he was standing on the docks of a strange land, blushing like a shy teenager. "Thank you friends."

  • #163
    The harbor is busy and the city of Allar is the most rebuilt city of the old Empire; however, it is still a small town compared to Daunton. It has the feel of a frontier town, with a rough edge and little excesses. There are traders, merchants, and farmers about the streets traveling or setting up carts. Charles mentioned that the family, Landreau, lives just outside the swamps of Allaria outside Old Daunton. Dextyr carries a letter of introduction to the family.

    Skill Challenge

    Where is Isabelle?
    Difficulty Moderate, Complexity 2, successes 6 before failures 3
    Key Skills: Insight 12, Nature 12, Streetwise 12
    Secondary Skill: Any you can justify 22 difficulty

    Each of you should go once in the first round (you can assist by rolling a 10 in a skill) and I will order the responses to lead you to the right place after the first round. Insight and Streetwise will give you answers from NPCs while Nature is descriptions from me.

  • #164
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933

    Ignore DMDanW
    Dextyr begins wandering around listening to the conversations going on and asking some questions of those he passes by. Although time consuming, he learns a lot about the city of Allar and its surroundings.

    Mechanics

    Streetwise Check = 1d20+13 (Streetwise Check)=31
    Yes, that's a 31!

  • #165
    Shorrin learns that the swamps are far to the south in Allaria. The town of Shule lies at the edge of a great swampland. It is the home of many chemists and herbalists. As a result, the main exports are ritual components, potions, and acids. Shule has recent started lobbying for membership in the New Allarian League, but no decision has been made yet. Travel there will take half a day by ship.

    OOC
    Success! (1 Success, 0 Failures)

    You can choose to move on with traveling before making any more checks to get better information. You have a ship waiting I am taking liberties with the map of Allaria since it was lost in my planning time. According to the map it is 600 MILES to Shule... which would take days (weeks!) by boat)

  • #166
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    changer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    248

    Ignore changer
    Janus starts to talk to merchants, in particular one's that would be likley to have caravans to and from the south. Trying to get a grasp of the emotions of the people from this foreign land.

    "There is only one cure I know for stupidity."

    L4W: Janus Reinhardt Level 3 Wizard

    Current Campaign:
    The Darkest Night
    Completed Campaigns:
    Menace of the Icy Spire
    Just Before Nightfall

  • #167
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,887

    Ignore KenHood
    //I'm back. Thanks for your patience.//

    Tonk grows bored watching the captain and joins the rest of the party (after forcing the captain to write a letter of reference on the excellence of defense against pirates). On the way, he stops by the offices of the harbor master and steals a copy of the registry that describes the passengers and cargo of all incoming ships.

    //Thievery v. DC 22: 1d20+13=30//

  • #168
    Janus surmises that travel across Allaria is dangerous. Most caravans hire guards or mercenaries to travel and they usually leave daily for various destination, mostly Old Daunton. Travel by land is slow, but with provisions it may take a week to get to the outlying cities. Shule in particular is dangerous to reach as the swamp harbors lizardmen and the surrounding area has seen odd bandit activity lately.

    Tonk gets a list of other vessels, many heading to other Isles but some heading to the other coastal cities of Allaria: Fromish, Golmgard, Geardagas, and Shule (going south to avoid the Empire of Hzaka) He actually notices the Perola Negra on registry in the past and notes that it claims to sail around the longer southern tip of the Isle.

    OOC
    Success x3 Failures x0
    Again, taking some liberties with the travel time to make it manageable.
    But now you have the option of ship or caravan. You need to travel before too many more skill challenge rolls, not much information left here

  • #169
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    "Hmmm...I ain't much fer travelin' through no lizard-infested swamps and besides we had such a good time on tha ship, right?" Murphy says with a smile, "Maybe if yer lucky Tonk, thay'll be more of those rats fer ya to bash" he adds.

    ooc

    I say by boat, it should be faster and (hopefully) less of a risk of being attacked

  • #170
    The group hires a few crew members with some of the gold they received and puts Captain Passerine under "house arrest" in his cabin. The journey is swift and by late afternoon the group arrives off-shore from Shule. The coastline is dotted with mangrove trees and the harbor is only a small inlet along the swampy expanse. Leaving the captain under lock and key and the crew under the supervision of a calm Saraz, the group goes ashore in the dinghy.

    The only ship offshore, the approach of the group goes with much notice. The townsfolk move away from any approach, but eventually a man approaches and challenges the group. He speaks with an odd drawl in his voice. Bonjour travelers, what business do ya have in Shule? I'm Densieski and the mayor hereabouts.

    OOC
    Time for more skill challenge:
    Where is Isabelle? (3 successes, 0 failures)
    Difficulty Moderate, Complexity 2, successes 6 before failures 3
    Key Skills: Insight 12, Nature 12, Streetwise 12
    Secondary Skill: Any you can justify 22 difficulty

    Each of you should go once in the first round (you can assist by rolling a 10 in a skill) and I will order the responses to lead you to the right place after the first round. Insight and Streetwise will give you answers from NPCs while Nature is descriptions from me.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    2. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    3. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
    4. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM
    5. Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)
      By SeaPainter in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 300
      Last Post: Tuesday, 14th July, 2009, 08:20 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •