D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79) - Page 67

+ Log in or register to post
Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore DMDanW
    Dextyr stands up from beneath Janus, positioning himself between the mage and the wolf. He thrusts forward with his longsword, impaling the wolf and ending it's life.

"Sheng hold on, we are coming to help" he shouts, his words filled with inspiring confidence.

Mechanics

Move Action: Stand up, and since Janus is in the same square, Dextyr gets to shift to U22.
    Standard Action: War Song Strike; 1d20+10 (War Song Strike)=29 against wolf 6. Assuming it is a hit, 1d8=7 damage.
    Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Sheng; spend a Healing Surge plus 1d6=4 hit points.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sheng clothes warp wickedly around the wolf when it bites Sheng! After that, the monk raises his defenses thanks to Dextyr's inspiring words. "I'm trying, for the ancient paragons!"
    Sheng then moves away from the wolf, with the climbing moves of a spider and focusing his chi, creates an orb of green gas, that with a spark, turns into a sun-radiant energy ball. "Once I killed an oni general with this move, I'll be honoured if you suffer the same luck!" The giant sphere moves through the air, and impacts the dwarfing figure of the huge lycan, burning his flesh and blinding his eyes!

Actions

Immediate interrupt: Deathcut armor damages Wolf 4 (10 necrotic damage)
    Move: Using boots of spider climb to shift to Q19
    Standard: Using Chromatic Orb on the Big guy: 28 vs reflex for 22 radiant damage and the Big guy is dazed (Save ends)

Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Saraz concentrates and sends a jolt of psychic energy at the wolf on the hill.

OOC: Before I run the DM's turn, I will do the saving throw that Voda Vosa forgot and the turn for DarwinOfMind.

The wolf snarls at the injuries it sustains from biting Sheng. Climbing across the side of the hill it charges Janus, easier prey. The tearing bite leaves a bleeding wound in the wizard. The big guy above turns from Isabelle at Sheng's attack and is dazed. Stumbling towards the side of the hill he calls out. Youse gonna be nekst!

mechanics
    The wolf regen's 5 hp, climbs and then charges down on Janus hitting for 11 damage and 5 ongoing. The big guy fails his save and just moves.

status

Shorrin I18 0/62 dying (1 failed save), Cold damage warhammer
    Murphy S20 36/58 any foe that hits in melee takes 1d6, Twin in U19
    Janus T22 7/42 bloodied, ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
    Dextyr U22 10/58 bloodied
    Sheng Q19 30/52 +2 all Defenses and any foe that hits takes 2d6
    Saraz T23 42/42 4 PP used
    Big Guy K17 -79hp Dazed (save ends)
    Wolf 4 S22 -25hp

map

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cliff11.jpg  

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore DMDanW
    Dextyr takes a couple of steps and points his hand towards the wolf. With only a stern glare the wolfs eyes become blood red, and at the same time so does Janus'. Janus feels surprisingly refreshed, the wolf on the other hand looks drained and weary.

With his other hand he points toward the Big Guy coming down the hill and lets loose a shrill note, holding it for several seconds. When the note ends, a faint glow surrounds the large creature, clinging to him.

"Janus use your incredible Arcane prowess to dispatch that flea bitten mongrel" Dextyr calls out, lifting the mages spirits even more.

Mechanics

Move Action = move to T20
    Standard Action = Theft of Life vs Wolf 4 (against Will); 1d20+7=26, for 2d8+4=15 damage & Janus can spend a healing surge and gain 3 Temporary Hit Points.
    Action Point = Stirring Shout against the Big Guy (against Will); 1d20+7=22 and if that hits deals 2d6+4=9 damage & until the end of the encounter whenever and ally hits him that ally regains 4 hit points.
    Minor Action = Majestic Word on Janus; Janus can spend a healing Surge and regain an additional 4 hit points. Janus can also slide 1 square if he wants to.

OOC

OK so Dextyr has 1 Majestic Word left, and will try and get to Shorrin next turn. To do so, that Big Guy needs to be...distracted somehow.
    Last edited by DMDanW; Wednesday, 26th January, 2011 at 07:07 PM.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Save vs. death #2

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sheng goes down the slope, and as if sipping stones to a lake, he throws drops of caustic acid towards the remaining wolf as he moves down.
    Actions

Sheng moves to V18.
    Acid Orb vs Wolf: 21 vs reflex for 11 damage (Crap, a 1 on the damage)
    Roll Lookup
    He is dazed, so he can only move. Lets hope he doesn't save. I don't have any other encounter or daily powers, just my at-wills. Even spent my item powers!
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

The assassin continues to assault the wolves.

ooc

By contrast to Sheng, I have my Daily, AP, item power, and one encounter left...plus all the defensive utilities...

Free: Shade on Wolf 4 (2 now)
    Move: to R20 (move assassin to T21)
    Minor: twilight assassin attack - vs ref (1d20+11=16) likely misses (if hits 6 damage)
    Standard: Shadow Storm on Wolf 6 vs ac (dmg) (1d20+16=27, 1d10+7+2+5+1=21) shade (2d6=8) hits AC 27 for 29 damage.

ministats
    Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 8
    Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
    AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
    HP:31/58+5thp, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/8
    Action Points: 1
    Powers:
    Executioner's Noose
    Shadow Storm
    Assassin's Shroud
    Shadow Step
    Changeling Disguise

[s]Shadow Darts
    Army of the Night
    Shadow Jack
    Sneak Attack
    Changeling's Trick
    Cloak of Shadows
    [s]Slayer's Escape
    [s]Shade Form
    [s]Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
    Twilight Assassin
    Talon Amulet
    [s]Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
    When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [url=http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Siblyx_(renau1g)]

Janus steps away from the wolf and fires off an unerring bolt of energy.

His wound continues to bleed.

Janus

Move: Shift to U20
    Standard: MM on the wolf
    Minor:
    save (1d20=6)

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore DMDanW
    OOC - Renau1g, Janus gets to slide 1 square from Dextyrs Majestic Word, so you can use that move action for something else if you want.

Saraz moves back so she can assault the wolf's mind.

OOC: Need a climb check from Murphy on the hill and Sheng coming down the hill (unless Spider Climb boots have a property?). Until I hear from DarwinofMind I will keep running Saraz. She will shift and use a RBA. Update coming next...
    Last edited by johnmeier1; Thursday, 27th January, 2011 at 08:49 PM.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast