D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79) - Page 72




What's on your mind?

  1. #711
    The werebeast howls in immortal terror at the shadows Murphy spews and falls to the ground. His body returns to that of a large, hairy man clad in ragged strips of clothing. Silence descends on the peak and surrounding environs except for the sobbing of a lone girl. At the top, Janus turns to look and sees Isabelle cradling the head of the fallen man.

    OOC: Victory! Now if you can remember the original reason for the adventure (some have different backgrounds here) then we can wrap up


    Everybody but Sheng

    Charles asked you to find his daughter and figure out if she was still alive.


    Sheng

    Your mysterious benefactor Ed wanted you to see Isabelle back to him in Daunton. You have a message from him allowing paid passage on a ship back.

 

  • #712
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,001

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Sheng dusts his cloack and clamly walks around the now defeated man. He frowns and outstretches his hand towards him. The other hand produces an old scroll. As he begins to read the scroll, in ancient jadite tounge, green gaseous-like energy begins to flow out from the body, and into the scroll and Sheng. The corps starts to decay quickly, collapsing and turning to ash. Sheng quickly rolls the scroll and hides it among his broad sleeves along with his hands. Without a word, he keeps walking quickly, towards Isabelle. "I'm here to take you safelty back to Dauton, and away from this place m'lady. Your father is really interested in your safety. Please, come with me; haste is at the essence." he extends a hand towards her.
    Last edited by Voda Vosa; Thursday, 24th February, 2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Crap, a 3
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #713
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    The assassin steps between the sorcerer and the female.

    "What be yer hurry? We've got bizness with the lass, we do and as I be tha one laying tha killing blow, I be tha first ta make tha claim on the spoils. Well, that is unless ya wish ta be pressin' my claim" Murphy says coldly, his blade still drawn.

  • #714
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,001

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    "So are you saying you'll "claim" her like a war trophy? Such lower acts are not dign of even one such as yourself. I'm merely trying to return her with his beloved father, it's my mission, it's what I'll be paid for. The werewolves are ... externalities. Whoever gave the last blow is of no consequence. Besides, if I understood well, your mission is the same as mine. You can have the magical trinkets and whatnot these creatures had in their possession. I'm interested only in see Isabelle safe and in her father's care." replies Sheng. "I hope you've seen that there's a more broad spectre of things going on than just 'claiming on the spoils'." finishes the sorcerer, with an eyebrow raised.

    OOC: Do I have to make a bluff check on that?
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #715
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    "I figure there be somethin' off about ya, first ya just drop in all unexpected-like, outta nowhere, and now I got a sense that there be somethin' else goin' on here. I'm not fer keepin' the lass, just makin' sure that I see things through ta tha end is all. Truth be told, I'm not much interested in any hostilities, I'm a bit wiped after our little tussle there, and you look like you've seen better days too. So I'll be givin' ya the benefit of tha doubt here, but I'll be with Isabelle at all times too. " Murphy replies.

    ooc

    Murphy's passive insight is 16 so I figure he'd know something wasn't right about Sheng's first statement.

  • #716
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,001

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Sheng grins "Suit yourself then. I have a pass for a ship that is setting sale towards Daunton. If you want to accompany me, I'll be glad to have extra protection in the way back." after saying that, Sheng returns his hand to Isabelle. "So m'lady, are you ready to return?"
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #717
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Shorrin's eyes twitch open, then rapidly close. "Sonova... what a headache." He sits up slowly, trying to shake the cobwebs out of his mind.

  • #718
    Isabelle seems to feel the presence of Sheng and lifts her head after the conversation. Who are you?

    Then she looks over to the others and still sobbing asks Janus Reinhardt? Shorrin? Murphy? How did you get here?
    I play in Living 4th Edition and Living Eberron

  • #719
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    "Wasn't easy Isabelle, let me tell ya. There be lotsa nasty creatures about here, so we best be heading outta this swamp and back to the civilzation. I did have one question for ya, how didja git all the way out here...and with beastman there?" Murphy asks.


  • #720
    Isabelle seems to be distracted from her grief by the questions and answers while sniffling I was staying with my aunt but I met this boy and he was so nice... she looks down at the young man in her arms and begins crying again more forcefully.

    After a time she subsides again and while looking at him she goes on. His family was so upset at him seeing me but we didn't know what lengths some of them would go to keep us apart.

    OOC: DM's Note: For skills you can either roll or use passive checks (not both) and in particular for Bluff/Insight comparisons between PCs, I would say that much like disguise/etc you don't have to post that you are lying/being misleading at all BUT anyone who wants to sense your motives/etc will go against your static Bluff (for Sheng it would be 22)


    Arcana 16
    The boy was likely a werewolf as well

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adv: The Path of Light; DM: ScorpiusRisk; Judge: Ozymandias79
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1055
      Last Post: Saturday, 30th July, 2011, 02:39 PM
    2. Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)
      By H.M.Gimlord in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1085
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th November, 2010, 11:30 AM
    3. Replies: 535
      Last Post: Monday, 8th March, 2010, 09:49 PM
    4. Replies: 526
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th January, 2010, 04:23 AM
    5. Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)
      By SeaPainter in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 300
      Last Post: Tuesday, 14th July, 2009, 08:20 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •