Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mack, still sort of wandering unobtrusively, keeps glancing over at the unusual encounter with the baselisk and attractive woman.

Perception 1d20+1=12. Probably not enough to spot the undue attention (Want to do better, oh master scout Malone?).

Could you throw Stealth, Perrin?

[Sblock= If your Stealth is below 13]The besalisk's lower right hand now rests casually near the grip of his heavy blaster. Oh, and he's looking right at you... "Be somewhere else, mudcrotch."

<OOC: Intimidate: 1d20+7=8 Ack, critical fumble! Sloor looks like a red balloon full of hot air (What a way to make a first impression ;))[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack continues down the promenade, intending to pass by the besalisk with the young woman and continue on. However his demeanor from being in law enforcement slips out as he was not paying enough attention on trying to keep unnoticed. He appears to have attracted the attention of the besalisk sitting on the bench.

[sblock=OOC] Took a 10 with a -5 circumstance penalty, Stealth result is 7. [/sblock]
The besalisk's lower right hand now rests casually near the grip of his heavy blaster. Oh, and he's looking right at you... "Be somewhere else, mudcrotch."

Mack used to dealing with the seedier types from his days on the other side of the fence, reflexively begins to reach for his credentials, to tell him to cool it. He stops himself, realizing he gave those away last week. He replies harshly, “Relax chummer,” trying to get the ring of authority come out in his voice like any good enforcer would. He pauses to consider a lame attempt at intimidation in light of the besalisk’s laughable one, and decides upon difference approach.

He chuckles and sits down on the bench so close he is practically touching the besalisk’s hip holster. He folds his arms across his chest non-threateningly and says, “Thanks for cheering me up pal, haven’t been much for laughing lately. ‘Mudcrotch’ huh, haven’t been called that one before.”

He nods to the woman, “Ma’am.” He turns back to the besalisk, “I was minding my own business, or so I thought anyway. Guess I still have some cop left in me that I need to get rid of. Relax boyo, not with them anymore. Let’s just say we have had some disagreements.”

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Contrarely to expectations the besalisk's two right arms welcome the closeness, very naturally closing over shoulder and folded arms and starting to progressivley, ruthlessly *squeeeeze* him closer still.

"Sing sawm mawr, little human babbler. I'm all ears."

[Sblock=OOC]As Mir has been discovering, Besalisks are very gregarious and have no personal space to invade whatsoever. :)

The squeeze is not causing damage as yet and might stop increasing before it does... or it might not (didn't think I needed an attack roll to Grab since you pretty much sat in the arms of the spider :devil:). I'm thinking a straight, macho Grapple contest for now, if you feel like it, see who can be king of that mountain. (Technically you're just grabbed (-2 tohit, only light weapon). It can be automatically broken by a simple standard action but that might not look very "cool and in control"... ;)). Best three out of five rolls? Winner decides the fate of the loser.

By the by, Perrin, looking at your sheet I see you bought a blaster riffle but not the associated permit. The game guidelines say we should, but aside from that, being caught with no permit is at least an excuse for the local constabulatory to throw the book at you. Not recommended for us edge-of-the-law types.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The humor quickly gone, Mack just glares at the besalisk, waiting for the creature get the point and desist.
DoD-Mack3-1.jpg

[sblock=OOC: If Sloor doesn’t stop after 10 seconds] Mack says icily, “Let’s just pretend we have already finished our tussle before somebody gets hurt.” [/sblock]

He turns to the young woman, with considerably more civility, “Ma’am is he always like this?”

possum

First Post
Sloor sees something out of the corner of his eye: two men loitering on the promenade who aren't doing what everyone else in the shopping and entertainment district are doing. Instead, the two humans are scanning the crowd intently, looking very hard for something. Or someone... Mir notices this as well.

The group is then quickly interrupted a woman staggers towards them. She is slender, and wearing the greasy overalls of a mechanic. Underneath her hand is the unmistakable crimson of human blood.

Please help me," she calls out to you. "There are credits in it for you, just help me."

Mere seconds later, two stormtroopers burst into the area from the south end of the promenade. They raise their blasters, aiming at the woman, and shout through their helmet speakers. "Step away from that woman. She is under arrest in the name of the Emperor!"

possum

First Post
Code:
|-|-|-|-| |K|-|-|-|-|
| | | |B|P| | | | | |
| | |D|C| |M| | | | |
| |C| | | | | | | | |
| |C| | |S|s| | |C| |
| | | | | | | | |C| |
| | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |I|
| | | | | | | | | |i|
|-|-|-|-| | |-|-|-|-|

C=Computer console. Can provide cover if they're ducked behind.
M=Maya
S=Stormtrooper 1
s=Stormtrooper 2
I=Informant 1
i=Informant 2
K=Keyton
D=Mir
B=Sloor
P=Mack

EDIT: If anyone wishes to have their alphabetical token changed, please let me know. The key will appear on all combat maps.

Initiatives, please.

Order:

Keyton/Nebten: 18
Mack/perrinmiller: 18
Stormtroopers/GM: 17, Dex 11
Informants/GM: 17, Dex 10
Mir/Songdragon: 8
Maya/GM: 8
Sloor/BinderFred

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
He turns to the young woman, with considerably more civility, “Ma’am is he always like this?”

Mir looks to Mack and shrugs her shoulders and is about to reply when...

Please help me," she calls out to you. "There are credits in it for you, just help me."

"Step away from that woman. She is under arrest in the name of the Emperor!"

"Oh frell me." the woman says quietly to those immediately around her as her hand moves towards her blaster.

((Mir will start furthest to the left/west in the second row, just by the start of the computer console. Inaitiave 1d20+7=8 Ack! :eek: ))

Binder Fred

<Whoa, lots of things happening today!
perrinmiler said:
Mack says icily, “Let’s just pretend we have already finished our tussle before somebody gets hurt.”
Sloor's brown eyes widden with realisation: "You're aw green virgin, talker baw!" He tilts back his armored head and barks a single burst of harsh laughter. "Tawm you learned thaw way of thaw RIM!"

Far from diminishing, the pressure suddenly increases exponentially, quickly entering the realm of the painful, of bone breakage... or would have if not for:

Possum said:
Sloor sees something out of the corner of his eye: [snipppety snip] The group is then quickly interrupted a woman staggers towards them. She is slender, and wearing the greasy overalls of a mechanic. Underneath her hand is the unmistakable crimson of human blood.

"Please help me," she calls out to you. "There are credits in it for you, just help me."
"What is it with droid-lickers tawday?" Not that Sloor is not sympathetic - powers know he's been in her spot a time or two... But, freck, he's trying to get some frecsing work done here -- and with a new client to boot! "Look, Sra-" he begins, pointing his smoking stub in her general direction.

But she would never know what he was going to say as:

Possum and Songdragon said:
mere seconds later, two stormtroopers burst into the area from the south end of the promenade. They raise their blasters, aiming at the woman, and shout through their helmet speakers. "Step away from that woman. She is under arrest in the name of the Emperor!"

"Oh frell me." the woman says quietly to those immediately around her as her hand moves towards her blaster.

The feeling is eloquently echoed by Sloor's wide-mouthed, goggle-eyed expression...

Nebten said:
Keyton steps up in front of the woman and says, "This woman is in need of medical attention. Stand down so I can get her to a medical facility."
"Ah, gawd," breathes Sloor to Mir, recovering with amazing swiftness, "free blaster fawdder: At least awn thing goes our way tawday! This way, Sra." Decision taken, the besalisk smoothly vaults the bench and covers their dual retreat, stage left, his own hand near his blaster but itching for his marbling *mace*!

[sblock=actions]Initiative 1d20=4 Technically not Sloor's worst. :) Sloor will of course start between Mir and Mack: last G to the left of the second line please (I'm think a "B" for "Besalisk"?).

Planned Actions: Pass behind the computer consoles to the left, broadcasting 'we're going quietly' towards the two troopers. Sloor will not move unless Mir does though. Might need adjusting when things get to his lowly 4 ini. :([/sblock]EDIT: By the way, Nebten, what does your character look like?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases