Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger

In response to Mir’s concerns, “Ma’am leverage can used for things like ensuring we aren’t spaced out an airlock instead of being allowed to continue working for the previously mentioned wealthy benefactor.” He looks pointedly at Sloor.

Afterwards Mack will silently observe the conversation between Keyton and Sloor with wry amusement.

[OOC: Still waiting on results of datapad query from previous post. Don’t want it forgotten with the many posts that followed.]

possum

First Post
After a few moments of searching, Mack's search turns up some stuff about Deep Storage Bay V14. Although it's considered to be off-limits to non-Imperial personnel, It's been quaranteened for over a year before the Empire came into being. No maintenance requests have been made for that area, however. Downloading a schematic, Mack can see that the exhaust systems run through that area, and that conduits should run straight through the bay itself.

Fed up with Sloor's incessant demands for more payment and wishing that she could be in the other cell on her planet where killing is a little more tolerated, Maya gives in. "500 credits apiece is all I can offer," she says. "I'm also sure that my benefactor can provide some needed supplies as well."

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir nods to Mack in her acknowledgment to his point.

Mir looks to Maya as the boys "play" and seeing her irritation gives another apologize look as she replies, "I will help you. But my question, do you have a way off the station or do we have to look for those means as well?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After a few moments of searching, Mack's search turns up some stuff about Deep Storage Bay V14. Although it's considered to be off-limits to non-Imperial personnel, It's been quaranteened for over a year before the Empire came into being. No maintenance requests have been made for that area, however. Downloading a schematic, Mack can see that the exhaust systems run through that area, and that conduits should run straight through the bay itself.
I guess Keyton needed Mack's help with the datapad. Mack will share this information with him and the other two if they want to know.

Nebten

First Post
Sloor's deception seems to work, and the officer on the other end dispatches a squad. It takes a few minutes for the group to find a safe, out of the way place. When you're there, Maya hands one of you a datapad. "V14," she says. "You need to head to deep storage bay V14. There's a droid there, named Switch, and he has information on how to get a piece of valuable cargo. I was supposed to get it and deliver it to its proper place..."

She stops, the pain and delirium from her wound making her reveal a little more than she had wished to.

I was going off of this post. I thought the information Mack got was from an independent search he did. If its all the same, then that is good for me.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"you dawn't want your share? Then give it taw somebawdy who actually has a chance of pulling this awf without dying in blaze awf pawintless glawry... Haw abawt it?" The offer, at least, is quite serious.
Silence is his answer. «Apparently?»

"Thought saw." Which is a marbling lie, he was sure Rancor Slayer was going to nobly go for it whole cloth... but it *IS* frecsing reassuring in a way: the poor man still has some THIRST left in him!

Fed up with Sloor's incessant demands for more payment and wishing that she could be in the other cell on her planet where killing is a little more tolerated, Maya gives in. "500 credits apiece is all I can offer," she says. "I'm also sure that my benefactor can provide some needed supplies as well."
A slow grin spreads across the besalisk's wide features.... "Agreed." He extends his two lower hands, palms open.

«He's expecting either a hand-squeeze to seal the deal... or the 50 credit advance, whichever comes first. :)

[Afterwards]
In response to Mir’s concerns, “Ma’am leverage can used for things like ensuring we aren’t spaced out an airlock instead of being allowed to continue working for the previously mentioned wealthy benefactor.” He looks pointedly at Sloor.
"As lawng as the thing isn't vacuum proof," chuckles that worthy. Money in his (future) pockets has apparently done wonders for his mood...

Mack will share this information with him and the other two if they want to know.
"And this Switch drawid is *IN* Deep Storage 14? How the frec is it brawkering deals from inside a sealed compartment?" He turns to blondy, "Daws it have its cawntact infaw in there, Granger man?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack replies to Sloor, “Well, according to what’s on the datapad, we access the interior of V14 and get information from the droid about the cargo’s location and method of retrieval. Apparently the information is being protected by securing Switch in isolation inside the storage bay. If I understand this correctly, the ‘valuable cargo’ may not actually be in the storage bay.”

Turning to Maya he asks, “Ma’am how are we to convince Switch to relinquish the information on obtaining and securing the cargo?”

Back to the rest of the group, Mack suggests, “Well, if the injured lady goes with us or not, it really doesn’t change our general course of action. It would appear that the OPLAN has us infiltrating V14 Deep Storage Bay via the exhaust system conduits. Any prep work required before moving out?”

Songdragon

Explorer
Back to the rest of the group, Mack suggests, “Well, if the injured lady goes with us or not, it really doesn’t change our general course of action. It would appear that the OPLAN has us infiltrating V14 Deep Storage Bay via the exhaust system conduits. Any prep work required before moving out?”

"Infiltrating? Could we not just go down there and talk to this Switch? If she," nods towards Maya, "was expected for the deal, then why infiltrate? Of course, it may be an idea for someone to do so to cover the others' backs, but really. We go in, get whatever information we can about this cargo, and then go get it. No need to make things harder than they need be, yes?" Mir looks to the others for their views.

possum

First Post
"I can't come along," Maya says, pointing to her bandaged wound. "I think I'm going to need a long dip in the bacta tank before this can be taken care of. Just get me to my quarters, and I'll be fine for the moment. There's a pilot that's loyal to our cause that can get us out of here if need be. I'll be calling her once I'm secure."

There is no answer in the datapad or in the system as to how exactly a droid is running business down in an area that's supposedly quaranteened.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases