Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I have been inventorying our gear and making a list of things we should try and obtain while we are here. We need to talk about upgrades and programming for TB too."
"I hope this 'we' includes consulting a certain floating organism of infinite finesse and, some would argue, preternatural wisdom?"

<Response Mack?>

Meanwhile the besalisk clinks datapads, tranfering Mack's data to his own. He starts scrolling through the green holodisplay, beeping-in likely fence prices for items he know about -- at least, 'likely' if they were still in Sel Zonn and not locked up on a frekking navy corvette! "Uh? What daw you see us dawing with a vid-vawx scrambler and a veridictawr, Mack man?" Seems like frekking subtle gear for *this* group!

Mir wonders in on Mack and Sloor... "Morning boys. I hope you both slept well in an actual bed?" She smiles and grins...

"So, we are adding some upgrades to TB?" the woman asks.

"Life is a journey of self-improvement," sighs the droid while reading Mack's list over its owner's big green shoulder. "Not all of them voluntary..."

Sloor throws up a pair of arms: "Alright already! You can pick sawmething nice fawr yourself later awn... Just dan't make it taw pricey, alright?"

"As a productive member of the team, I should be entitled to my own share of the proceits. It is only fair."

"A share? A *share*?! You've awbviawsly naw *frecsing* idea how much I've spent awn you already... If anything, *you* awe *me* a pile awf creds, TB thing."

"Ah, indentured servitude with freedom at debt repayment?" There is a twinckle of satisfaction in TB's optics, like a wampa who's just seen foolhardy prey fall into his trap. "I'll start drawing up the papers."

Sloor rolls his eyes and then dives in: this argument isn't getting away from him that easily: "First awf all..."

Mack looks up at Mir's approach and replies, "Mornin'. Yeah, look here at our inventory and some items we should purchase before splitting up the loot. It already takes into account paying out Keyton's share since he is splitting on us."

Sloor interrupts his debate with TB: "He's what?" First time he's heard of this. "Batan baw's jumping awn us?"

"I think we can increase TB's medic capabilities with a little equipment and some programming for him to do surgery."
"Blawd and guts up taw your elbaws," sadistically teases Sloor with an elbow jab at TB's casing.

"I would rather have kept my manipulators clean," agrees the hover droid, "Or at least full of grease. Might I suggest the Surgical Expertise module, so that things are at least quick and efficient, if no less squishy?"

«He's talking about the Feat of the same name. 1000 creds.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack gives TB a wry smirk, "Depends, have you paid your debts to get yourself out being property yet?"

In reference to Keyton's departure, he replies, "Oh, he said good-bye to me. Mentioned something about no longer being able to continue with us, perhaps he needs to do some of that zen voodoo drek."

He continues discussing some of the gear requisitions, smiling at the typical banter between the besalisk and the droid he says, "The module sounds good. Perhaps we can enhance his Treat Injury some with programming too. After this meeting, we should look up this quartermaster and hope he has some good toys. If this ship is to be a base of operations for SPECOPS, they should have non-standard gear available."

"The scrambler will be good for ECM and the veridicator will help to tell if someone is lying. That gear can always come in handy for these covert surgical strikes we appear to be assigned to."

"After this let's head down to see the snipes in engineering as well and perhaps get some tinkering done to enhance our weapons too. Maybe improve accuracy or damage on them."

OOC: Limited posting today and tomorrow. Skiing and crappy Internet access.
[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14
Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
"That voodoo drek has been quite useful, would you not say?" Mir says with a wry smile. "I may not be a Jedi, but I am versed in the that voodoo as you call it..." She chuckles as she is obviously just playing with Mack.

"Upgrades can be, helpful..." She agrees.

Mir will approach TB at some point, "Would you be able to teach me some of the medical knowledge you have?" ((trying to get IC how she will have Treat Injury next level))

Binder Fred

"The scrambler will be good for ECM and the veridicator will help to tell if someone is lying. That gear can always come in handy for these covert surgical strikes we appear to be assigned to."
Sloor looks at the attached files, at market prices in perticular... Frek! “Tell you what, Mack man: I’ll be your awn persawnal veridicatawr fawr half that price, haw’s that? I thawght the vid-vawx thing was taw spoof your image awver the cawm?” He jabs the vid-vox entry, ordering his pad to do a search and retrieve on it.

«Sloor declines to spend common loot on the veradicator. For the other bit, I don't have GoI and Wookiepedia is unfortunately silent on the vid-vox scrambler. Could you type in a little description of what it does, Perrin?

"That voodoo drek has been quite useful, would you not say?" Mir says with a wry smile. "I may not be a Jedi, but I am versed in the that voodoo as you call it..." She chuckles as she is obviously just playing with Mack.
The besalisk holds up an open palm: “Uh, wait a tick here: you’re *nawt* a jedi?!” He’s obviously finding that hard to believe -- like a bird claiming it can’t fly... *while* frekking flying!

"After this meeting, we should look up this quartermaster and hope he has some good toys. If this ship is to be a base of operations for SPECOPS, they should have non-standard gear available."
“Cawld be,” admits the big alien. Truth be told, he’s already talked to a few crewmen and the quartermaster has a bit of a rep as a... retentive sort of a spirk. He rubs his multiple hands together nonetheless: “You leave the talking taw me, Mack man: They have it, we’ll get it!”

"After this let's head down to see the snipes in engineering as well and perhaps get some tinkering done to enhance our weapons too. Maybe improve accuracy or damage on them."
“Yeah.” Sloor hums And fidgets, suddenly unhappy about something... “Guess I *will* get the ‘vibraw’ bit of my awld mace fixed up taw.” It’s frekking deadly with it though, and frek if it won’t make his mother proud in the deal too! “Paint it bright red,” he muses. She never did like red...

Mir will approach TB at some point, "Would you be able to teach me some of the medical knowledge you have?"
“I do not have a pedagogic module installed,” whispers back TB, almost apolitically. “I’m afraid it will be somewhat like being read a particularly dry manual. But if that is alright with you?”

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Sloor said:
The besalisk holds up an open palm: “Uh, wait a tick here: you’re *nawt* a jedi?!” He’s obviously finding that hard to believe -- like a bird claiming it can’t fly... *while* frekking flying!

Mir turns to gaze upon the Besalisk for a moment and then smiles, "No, I am not of the Jedi Order. Or what was the Jedi Order before the Empire made its appearance."

To TB... "I think I will pass on that. Maybe I will just watch the next time you have to look after one of the boys."

[sblock=Vid-Vox Scrambler from Galaxy of Intrigue p.67 - 3400 cr]When activated, this Tiny handheld device emits a low-frequency wave that scrambles all video, audio, and holographic recording with in its area of effect, whi le leaving normal conversation unaffected. Vid-vox scramblers are prized by anyone worried that their conversations are being recorded, including criminal masterminds, CEOs, spies, and the paranoid.

The vid -vox scrambler prevents all video, audio, and holographic recording in the squares adjacent to and the square including the device. Anyone eavesdropping or reviewing recordings of targets protected by an interference generator must make a DC 30 Perception or Use Computer check to pick up only scattered words and phrases. A scrambler can operate continuously for one week on a single power cell, or it can be connected to a generator or other permanent power source. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack replies to Sloor about negotiating, "No problem, buddy. I will chime in only if I can help. With my luck with the ladies, sometimes it is better to keep my mouth shut."

In answering Mir's teasing, he replies, "Well, I do respect those neat things you can do. But Keyton was mentioning some thing about trying to be one with universe and not dying or something. It's all way beyond me."

"Maybe we can pick up a new teammate to help us out here."

OOC: Thanks Songdragon. Wee bit busy to post that material myself.
Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

Mir turns to gaze upon the Besalisk for a moment and then smiles, "No, I am not of the Jedi Order. Or what was the Jedi Order before the Empire made its appearance."
“Brand name vs the actual product,” explains TB, sotto voce.

“Awh! Didn’t want taw pay any rawyalties, right Sra?” half-jokes its owner, curiosity plain on his face. If she needs further prompting, he'll add: "You certainly weren't lacking in the talent pawrtian awf the event, that's fawr sure.”

"Very subtle," compliments his droid.

<Response Mir?>

Mack replies to Sloor about negotiating, "No problem, buddy. I will chime in only if I can help. With my luck with the ladies, sometimes it is better to keep my mouth shut."
“Didn’t knaw you swung that way, Mack man,” grins the besalisk.

To TB... "I think I will pass on that. Maybe I will just watch the next time you have to look after one of the boys."
TB actually looks... disappointed? “Let it be so,” it sighs before hovering back to its owner’s side.

«I'll be attending a convention next week, so free time migth be in short supply. Back to regular hours on thursday.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Didn’t knaw you swung that way, Mack man,” grins the besalisk.
Mack replies to Sloor's teasing, "No I only swing on the proper side. I think I saw a cute chick in engineering cover-hauls earlier. After we take care of business, perhaps you can help me take care of the other business. I could use a good wing-man."

He looks over at Mir, "Or wing-woman if you are willing to help with that little trick that you do."

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir laughs at Sloor's joking around. She then explains, "I grew up traveling and the like. With my father when he was a guide for those wanted to explore those unknown regions. And with my mother on her various archeology digs. I was never in one place long enough to really call home and never came across any Jedi that I was aware of. I met my mentor, also not a Jedi, and he was able to help me to understand my abilities. We traveled together for several years and when we heard that Jedi were being killed fled into the Rim to keep a low profile."

The woman pauses to let what she said settle on her two companions and continues, "There are several little known alternatives to the Jedi. Of course, the Order is no more so that is all there is these days. And since we are all being hunted, it is better not to be too flashy with what I can do, unless it needs doing, of course."

She looks serious as she looks to both Sloor and Mack... pausing a glance at TB as well, "I trust my secret is safe with all of you?"

To Mack's comment about being a wing-woman and using her abilities, in a bemused manner "Not unless you want to tend the meeting in the buff."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack was about to reply about Mir's secret when she threatened him again about using the trick and his eyes narrow, "Ma'am, that is twice you have mentioned using your trick on me. Tell you what, I will keep your secret just fine, you promise not to mess around with my head against my will."

He is considering, Why is she reluctant to help a soldier in need. And she mentions having me take my clothes off. Hey, wait just a minute. Maybe she is wanting me all for herself. Never thought of that.

Mack is now looking at Mir with a somewhat hungry look in his eyes.

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Remove ads