Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit - Page 11





+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1072
  1. #101
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,463

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, Myself and I
    A slow grin spreads across the besalisk's wide features.... "Agreed." He extends his two lower hands, palms open.

    He's expecting either a hand-squeeze to seal the deal, or the 50 credit advance,
    but as neither seems forthcoming HE reaches out and grasps both her hands in his: "Ain't a deal withawt awn." He doesn't seem in any hurry to let go either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    "Infiltrating? Could we not just go down there and talk to this Switch? If she," nods towards Maya, "was expected for the deal, then why infiltrate? Of course, it may be an idea for someone to do so to cover the others' backs, but really. We go in, get whatever information we can about this cargo, and then go get it. No need to make things harder than they need be, yes?" Mir looks to the others for their views.
    "Depends where the Switch contraption is, but - yeah - looking at the front dawr's the lawgical first step," agrees the besalisk. "Just in case, though, daw we have a toolkit handy? Taw cut our way in and out awf the ducts." He looks from Mir, to Mack, to Keyton...

    «Response Any?

    "And a hawver lift ready at the gates wouldn't hurt either, in case the thing IS in there after all." He matter-of-factly pulls out his datapad, a pale green holointerface flickering into existance over the fat little disk: "What's your cawntact infaw?" He asks Maya.

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    "Just get me to my quarters, and I'll be fine for the moment. There's a pilot that's loyal to our cause that can get us out of here if need be. I'll be calling her once I'm secure."
    Sloor narrows his eyes, "Saw you're dawnright SURE they are NOT gawing to track you dawn and kill you where you live?"


    EDIT= Hey, 100 posts! Congratulations all, we're on the right track.
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Wednesday, 7th April, 2010 at 02:37 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    Mir shakes her head, "Sorry I am not a tech." She pauses a moment and adds, "I can handle myself in the wilds and handle and a blaster if needed," Nods towards the carbine/rifle taken from the trooper/handled by Mack, "but nothing too technological or mechanical for me."

  • #103
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    ø Ignore Nebten
    Let's go for the straightforward approach. I would rather have allies by my side instead of trying to fumble through the ductworks. Maya, let us help you to your room then we need to move to V14. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can get off this station.

  • #104
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,299
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Songdragon View Post
    Mir nods towards the carbine/rifle taken from the trooper/handled by Mack...
    Mack will hand her the blaster carbine if that’s what she wants, "Be my guest, ma'am." <<Otherwise ignore.>>

    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    "Depends where the Switch contraption is, but - yeah - looking at the front dawr's the lawgical first step," agrees the besalisk. "Just in case, though, daw we have a toolkit handy? Taw cut our way in and out awf the ducts."
    Mack replies to the others concerns, “Maybe ‘ingress’ is a better term, and I’m not very stealthy myself. Front door works for me, but I have the impression that V14 can only be accessed via the exhaust conduits. I have a tool kit just in case. As for the hover lift, unless anyone has one handy... Perhaps getting the information from the droid might also present us with a way of transporting the cargo. Obviously Maya here wasn’t planning to transport it immediately all by herself.”

    “Let’s move out. We can drop off Maya along the way.”
    <<OOC: I think we have consensus>>

    actions
    Outside Maya’s quarters; look for potential threats: Perception/Spot Check: (1d20+6=7) D'oh!!
    actions
    On approach and within the vicinity of V14; look for potential threats: Perception/Spot Check: (1d20+6=11) Not much better.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #105
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    As you leave, Maya takes her datapad back and punches in a few things. "I've transferred the credits to an account we use for agents undercover. It hasn't been used for a while. I'll be fine in there," she adds. "I'm going to contact the way out once I'm in there."

    ***

    Several minutes later, you arrive near deep storage bay V14. Lights flicker on and off, casting ominous shadows as you step through the hallways. Some have gone out permanantly. The metal floor under your feet is damp, and puddles of a liquid you believe to be coolant lay in your path. The smell of burning ozone and recent electrical fires assault your nostrils, and the walls are pockmarked with the carbon scoring of blaster fire. Machinery whines a deep and organic sound and coolant occasionally drops from the cieling. Someone's abandoned whisperkit spots you as you turn a corner. It hisses and then runs away.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    Nods her thanks to Mack and takes up one of the spare carbines taken from the trooper. She quickly checks over the weapon (checking the charge left and such things) and then stows it on a strap about her person.

    Onward near deep storage bay V14: "Looks like we have been spotted by... something. I can hang back in the shadows as we go, if anyone thinks it wise to be cautious?"

    Stealth 1d20+7=19

    ooc query
    What is a whisperkit?

  • #107
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,299
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    Mack, seeing the whisperkit scurry away says quietly to Mir, "It's just a small furry four-limbed creature whose ears quiver when frightened. They are often domesticated and kept as pets. Nothing to worry about ma'am."

    << Seeing as now Mack's Perception check was pretty bad, he will try again at the next opportunity. Perception/Spot & Listen Check (1d20+6=25) Much better.>>
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #108
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    OOC: Sorry. I should have provided the Earth equiv. It's a cat.
    Last edited by possum; Wednesday, 7th April, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

  • #109
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,463

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    As you leave, Maya takes her datapad back and punches in a few things. "I've transferred the credits to an account we use for agents undercover. It hasn't been used for a while. I'll be fine in there," she adds. "I'm going to contact the way out once I'm in there."
    "Your awn and awnly life," shrugs the besalisk with only his upper shoulders actually moving.

    Mack permitting, he takes the time to peruse the bay's schematics (and incidentaly transfer his share to one of his own accounts) before nodding that he's ready... "Is it just me, awr is this getting mawr exciting by the pixelclick?" he grins a predatory grin and rubs his hands with grim anticipation, upper right to lower left.

    «Quick note: TB is presently carrying the weapons from the troopers (as handed to him by Sloor). Mack has those from the informants (as handed to him by Keyton). Don't think it makes a difference but there you have it. TB also has 2 medpacks and 2 power packs from the same source.
    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller View Post
    "It's just a small furry four-limbed creature whose ears quiver when frightened. They are often domesticated and kept as pets. Nothing to worry about ma'am."
    Sloor doesn't comment. Instead he creeps up to the next corner and flattens himself there before taking a quick peek at what's on the other side.

    Stealth: 1d20+5=19 If there's a corner after that, TB will take that one (Stealth 18, Perception 19 low light).
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #110
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    ø Ignore Nebten
    Keyton allows his allies to get into position then walks up doors of the bay. He keeps his baton folded up, but held within his robes. He gives a nod, then opens the doors.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive
      By possum in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1230
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th February, 2013, 06:34 PM
    2. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    3. Dawn of Defiance
      By Wintergypsy in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 386
      Last Post: Monday, 7th July, 2008, 04:10 AM
    4. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance
      By Diesel in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th June, 2008, 01:01 PM
    5. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )
      By Diesel in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 108
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th June, 2008, 07:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •