Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Nebten

First Post
Yes, like I said before we are here as a liaison of Lady Maya to pick up a large piece of cargo to assist in particular 'rebellion' efforts. It is my understanding that all arrangments have been made and that you were the one from whom we needed to retrieve this cargo.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Upon seeing at least one guard in the room, but no threatening actions as of yet, Mack will close up nearer to the rest of the group and state in low voice that only they should hear, “These droids have at least one guard that I have spotted so far, but as of yet, no tangos; weapons safe.” He will continue to keep lookout, scanning the room.

Taking 10 on Perception/Spot = 16.

possum

First Post
Switch turns to Keyton. "Yes," the droid says. "I am holding something for Maya, but full arrangements have not been made. Payment has not yet been made for the successful delivery of the package," he replies.

Nebten

First Post
Keyton nods to acknowledge Mack's findings, but continues to keep his attention on the driod and the twilik.

What were the conditions of the payment?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Catching up

The guards happily grunt their appreciation for the bribe as well as the short discussion that preceded it. They place the butt of their vibroaxes on the ground and part, each one of them taking a different side of the door. They motion you to enter.
The besalisk chuckles with grim amusement and doesn't say a word. If eyes could talk though, he'd be beaming "See the value awf mawney?" into Mir's own peepers...

We are here as a liaison of Lady Maya to pick up a large piece of cargo to assist in particular 'rebellion' efforts.
Sloor's eyes widden significatively at such openness, but he manages NOT to slap his forehead into one of his open palms (even though he wants to). He instead cants himself against a wall, folds his upper arms one over the other and concentrates on looking tough. «Persuasion 17: "don't attack us or you'll be sorry!"

TB squats besides him, optics idly glowing, ready to provide cover with its own body if need be. With its three long legs folded up like that, it looks exactly like a high tech end-table.

perrinmiller and Nebten said:
Mack will close up nearer to the rest of the group and state in low voice that only they should hear, “These droids have at least one guard that I have spotted so far, but as of yet, no tangos; weapons safe.”

Keyton nods to acknowledge Mack's findings, but continues to keep his attention on the driod and the twilik.

Sloor nods understanding as well. Now that the human mentions it, he too spots the extra security.

«Perception, Sloor then TB: 1d20+1=21, 1d20+9=20 Niiice! I took the liberty of reading that sblock since both rolls are 20 and over.

Switch turns to Keyton. "Yes," the droid says. "I am holding something for Maya, but full arrangements have not been made. Payment has not yet been made for the successful delivery of the package," he replies.

Sloor is chuckling again. "Well that's gawd, cawse the package hasn't been succesfully delivered yet... Meaning we'd like taw see the gawds, if that's nawt taw much trable." He's friendly, open, but there is still a distinct lack of question marks at the end of that sentence.

possum

First Post
"The package is well-hidden," Switch replies. "Yet it must be you who goes to get it. The information is yours for 1,000 credits." He pauses a slight second to see your reactions. "I am not entirely expecting you to pay up all of it," he explains. "When it comes to my line of work, one knows the value of additional connections. New sources of information. I will be willing to knock off 200 credits from the price for each of you that signs up to be my informant. I can tell that such a group as yourselves will be starhopping all over the galaxy soon, and I need all of the information to broker that I can get."

Nebten

First Post
If you will excuse us, there are some matters I believe we need to discuss.

Keyton steps back into the fold of the group, talking in quieter tones so only those near by can understand him.

I am not worried about getting paid back or his discount deal. But do we even have that kind of money among us or willing to barter in this situation?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
«Oops: edited to reflect Nebten's last post. And we do have 500 credits each as of this post.

The besalisk ignores Keyton's overture for now, addressing the droid directly instead: "Kind awf a randabat way taw gaw abat it, Switch man, but sure: four here, plus Maya, plus TB makes six. Looks like you awe us 200 credits and sawm infawrmation." With a grin he raises one armored brow and spreads his lower arms: there you have it.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
«Oops: edited to reflect Nebten's last post. And we do have 500 credits each as of this post.

The besalisk ignores Keyton's overture for now, addressing the droid directly instead: "Kind awf a randabat way taw gaw abat it, Switch man, but sure: four here, plus Maya, plus TB makes six. Looks like you awe us 200 credits and sawm infawrmation." With a grin he raises one armored brow and spreads his lower arms: there you have it.

:confused: :-S

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases