Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit - Page 15




What's on your mind?

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Mir takes in the Chevin and his 'gang' of thugs, looks to Sloor getting all scary-like, and comments, "Here we go again" She takes this opportunity to back up deeper into the room, drawing her heavy blaster as she does so. (she will move to stand right beside Switch's droid (east side, She doubts Switch would like her using his desk as cover)

    (( ooc: Mir's symbol is that for female Alt+1,2 ♀ ))

 

  • #142
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    ° Ignore Nebten
    My communities:

    Well Switch, you are in for a bit of trouble. If we take care of this . . . problem, shall we call our affairs settled?

    Keyton causually walks behind one of the nearby large cargo crates and once behind it, snaps his baton into extention.

    He will ready to attack anybody who comes close to him within melee range.

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | |T| | | | | |
    | |C|C| |S| |R| | | |
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | |♀| |d|d| |
    | |K| | |%|B| |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X|Y|Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | |5|6|7| | |
    | | | |1|2|G|3|4| | |
     
    P=The large exhaust pits that run through the bay.
    C=Large cargo crates
    c=Switch's desk
    S=Switch
    R=Switch's droid
    G=Starting grid for the PCs, please place your "mini" on the "board".
    d=small debris on the floor.
    Second G (will become sole G after starting grid is removed)=Ganga Lor, the Chevin.
    1-7: Ganga's thug bodyguards.
    X-Z: Switch's Guards
    T: Twi'lek majordomo
    ♀: Mir
    K: Keyton
    %: Mack
    B: Sloor
    D: Sloor's droid

  • #143
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R|♀| | |
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | |K| | |%|B| |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X|Y|Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | | |6| | | |
    | | | |1|2|G|3|4| | |
    Ganga seems somewhat flustered by Sloor's display of force, but his knowledge of the fight keeps him from panicking in the way that the Besalisk had intended.

    His guards open fire upon the group and Switch, ignoring the droid's bodyguards for the time being. One shot hits the floor near Mir, posing absolutely no danger to her. Sloor faces the same fate as the thug, frightened by his display, misses due to his shaking hands.

    Mack, however, is far less fortunate. The guard that elected to aim at him is not shaken at all by Sloor's display and his shoot zooms straight for Mack's head. It would take a miracle for the prospective rebel to survive. (Critical hit and the damage (6,6,5) would surely kill him if it hits. Spend your destiny point to survive?)

    A second shot heads Mir's way, but is more on the mark. She has to dodge awkwardly to avoid it, but it still impacts her in a non-vital place, but it still slows her down a bit (-17 VP and -1 step on the condition track).

    Keyton easily dodges a shot aimed at him from a thug, and another thug apparently forgot to load his blaster pistol before arriving at the shootout. A blaster shot impacts on Switch's chest and the droid goes down in a heap of sparks.

    A smile comes across Ganga's face as his rival falls. He points his blaster pistol at the majordomo and fires. The bolt catches the Twi'lek in the chest and he falls in a heap to the floor.

    Switch's guards hesitate for a second before opening fire on Ganga's thugs. With three sure shots, two of the Chevin's entourage fall dead to the ground. Ganga stops and finally gets something. He pauses, holding his still smoking blaster pistol. He's considered helpless until the end of his next turn.

    Mack's turn. Unless you don't want to spend a destiny point.

  • #144
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    A second shot heads Mir's way, but is more on the mark. She has to dodge awkwardly to avoid it, but it still impacts her in a non-vital place, but it still slows her down a bit (-17 VP and -1 step on the condition track).
    Negate Energy 1d20+7=8 (Unsuccessful)

  • #145
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,471
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack spends a Force Point to avoid death, falling unconscious to the deck.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #146
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R|♀| | |
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | |K| | |%|B| |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X|Y|Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | | |6| | | |
    | | | |1|2|G|3|4| | |
    Summary of round 1

    Ganga and his guards opened fire at Switch and the group, killing the droid and his Twi'lek majordomo in the opening volley, as well as severely wounding Mack, who is laying on the floor unconscious. Ganga is currently in shock after both the Besalisk's display of power and his plan of turning Switch's guards against him failing.

    Sloor, Mir and Keyton are up.

  • #147
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    Mir watches Mack go down as blaster bolts fire around her with much concern which opens her up to attack and is struck rather solidly. Letting out a groan of pain as she is struck by the blaster shot she moves behinds the crates to her right to better take stock of her condition and spends time pulling herself together.

    ((ooc: Move=move action, and 2 swift actions to move up the condition track (Shake it off) Sorry if it I go before Sloor, Mir's action will not be affected much by his action. She wants to recover as much as possible before re-emerging))


    Map
    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R| | |♀|
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | |K| | |%|B| |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X|Y|Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | | |6| | | |
    | | | |1|2|G|3|4| | |

  • #148
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,562

    ° Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    "TB, medic! I'm cawming fawr YOU, lang naws!" With three mighty steps Sloor has climbed up TB's squatting body and launched himself off its sensor turret! He sails over the line of bodyguard - upper arms going up, hands joining - and HAMMERBLOWS Ganga as he comes down!

    Not content, the mad besalisk surges back up from his heavy landing and pounds his other brass-knuckle upwards into the patriarch's crotch area...

    Meanwhile, in a land far, far away, his droid calmly extracts a medpack from its cargo bin and sets to work on Mack. "He is going to charge you for this," it confides to the unconscious man.

    Actions and Map

    Swift: TB takes 10 on Treat Injury on Mack. Mack regains 5 HP.
    Move: Move in front of Ganga (no roll since I could have just walked through the line of allied bodyguards... cooler this way though )
    Attack: Stun Brass-knuckles on helpless Ganga 1d20+3+5=28, 2d6+3=11 CRITICAAAAL! 14 damage, -2 to condition track if his treshold is below 16. This also activates Sloor's Fortune's Favor Talent.
    2nd Attack: 1d20+3+5=15, 2d6+3=8 If that hits (the roll does not presently count the -2 to all defenses from the first blow so it actualy hits Ref 17), 5 extra damage and -2 if Ganga's threshold equals or is below 5 (unlikely as that sounds). Ah well, still a great round for our hero.

    Condition: Sloor is now adjacent to the ennemy, -5 to target him with ranged weapons, trigger an attack of opportunity if they attack him unarmed without having at least Martial Arts I.

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R| | |♀|
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | |K| | |%| | |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X|Y|Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | |B|6| | | |
    | | | |1|2|G|3|4| | |
    źKeyton <----- is up!
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Wednesday, 14th April, 2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Redid the math for the stun since I halved the str bonus as well first time around, sorry about that.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #149
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720

    ° Ignore Nebten
    My communities:

    Keyton comes around the flank ton engauge the enemy. Key tries to crack one of the thugs in the arm before he can get another shot off at him.

    Actions

    Move=Move to current position next to Thug 1.
    Standard=Snap Baton (1d20+4, 2d4=[7, 4], [2, 2])
    Ref 11 for 4 pod.

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R| | |♀|
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | | | | |%| | |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X|Y|Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | |B|6| | | |
    | | |K|1|2|G|3|4| | |

  • #150
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    With a leap and a flurry of punches, Sloor does what seemed impossible across the galaxy before today: he actually managed to break the giant nose of a Chevin. Ganga Lor howls in pain and holds his hands over his snout before finally passing out.

    Mir manages to catch some of her breath and shake off some of the pain from the blaster bolt.

    Keyton's strike at one of Gagna's guards is blocked by his blaster pistol

    "He killed the boss," you hear someone say, although the chaos of battle and both leaders down at the moment make you wonder which side actually muttered those words.

    The guard who caught Keyton's baton on his pistol turns his weapon on his attacker and fires. The shot manages to graze Keyton, but shouldn't do too much to slow him down (-8 HP)

    More shots are fired, but only one of Switch's guards is hit; a shot straight through the heart that caused instant death.

    The two remaining members of Switch's personal guard manage to kill two of their rivals in the fray.

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R| | |♀|
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | | | | |%| | |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X| |Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | |B| | | | |
    | | |K|1| |G|3|4| | |

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive
      By possum in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1230
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th February, 2013, 06:34 PM
    2. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    3. Dawn of Defiance
      By Wintergypsy in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 386
      Last Post: Monday, 7th July, 2008, 04:10 AM
    4. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance
      By Diesel in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th June, 2008, 01:01 PM
    5. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )
      By Diesel in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 108
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th June, 2008, 07:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •