Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit - Page 16


What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,641
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    "Who's next?" bellows Sloor, giant fists raised to the leaky heavens. He swivels towards the thug to his left, grinning evily, "You lucky, lucky nerf: it's YOU!"

    Actions
    Pesuasion/INTIMIDATE vs thug 3. 1d20+7=14. Which might just make it. Considering he just downed their leader in one round and they are now outnumbered two to one, I figure the circonstance modifier might be zero this time around... or even swing sligthly in Sloor's favor.
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Friday, 16th April, 2010 at 12:41 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

 

  • #152
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    He has a Will of 9. If he's still standing when it comes to his turn, he'll likely run away screaming.

  • #153
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    The young woman finishes up tending to herself and moves across behind Switch's desk and takes a quick shot at one of Ganga's thugs on Keyton on to see the shot go wide and comments more to Keyton, "Sorry 'bout that."

    Action

    Swift action: Second Wind restores 13 hp
    Move=move behind desk
    Attack 1d20+2-4=8, 3d8=10 Misses

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| |♀| |R| | | |
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | | | | |%| | |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X| |Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | |B| | | | |
    | | |K|1| |G|3|4| | |

  • #154
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Nebten's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Visalia, CA
    Posts
    1,720
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Nebten
    My communities:

    Keyton bobs to the left as the blaster bolt flies by he and the thug. He continues the action with a backhanded swing to strike the thug in the face.
    Actions

  • #155
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    One of Ganga's remaining guards turns his blaster pistol on Sloor, hoping to at least slow down the raging Besalisk. The shot hits the four-armed alien but doesn't do that much damage to him (-8 HP).

    The guard Sloor attempte to intimidate races back, headed for the door, and frantically pushes the "open" button on the control panel, the standard speed too slow for him.

    The remaining sane member of Ganga's group takes aim at one of Switch's guards shoots and kills the Gran. The single member of the guard aims for the killing thug and fires, only to realize that his blaster pistol has ran out of ammunition.

    (It's now Mack's turn)

  • #156
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,687
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Mack will remain prone and begin trying to recover and groans, "What the frak hit me?" Seriously ticked off, his training kicks in, and he fires his blaster rifle, still set to autofire, at the remaining targets.


    2 Swift Actions: Begin Recovery
    Standard Action: Blaster Rifle; Autofire (1d20-11=-9, 3d8+1=13 (half=6)

    <<OOC: Not waiting for the Tac Grid, since I am heading to bed now. I want to try a get two into the area of effect if possible, while avoiding putting fire on Sloor or Keyton. I think there is a bag guy to the east of Sloor that Switch's guard just missed.>>
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #157
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    OOC: You can get 1 & 3, 3 being the one that Sloor scared the crap out of. No friendly's going to get hit, either.

    Code:
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | |P|P|P|P|P|P|P|P| |
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    | |C|C| | | |R| | |♀|
    | |C|C| |c|c| | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | |C|C|
    | |C|C| | | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | |d|d| |
    | | | | |%| | |d|d| |
    | |C| | | |D| |d|d| |
    | | |C| |X| |Z|d|d| |
    | | | | | |B| | | | |
    | | |K|1|3| | | | | |
    And 1's down. Combat's over, since the only remaining member of Ganga's guard is intent on fleeing.
    Last edited by possum; Friday, 16th April, 2010 at 07:50 PM.

  • #158
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Songdragon
    My communities:

    "Well... that was rather, unpleasant." Mir comments... She moves over towards her downed companion and offers him a hand, "Are you alright Mack? It looks like you took a solid blast there."

    She looks to the others and looks at Sloor for a long moment as he seemed to have been the rather scary one. She then peers over all those downed baddies... and then back towards where Switch lay, "Shall we do something about the droid?"

  • #159
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,641
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    Combat wrapup
    źI'm a bit confused about the last status map. Unless I read this wrong - "The remaining sane member of Ganga's group takes aim at one of Switch's guards shoots and kills the Gran. The single member of the guard aims for the killing thug and fires, only to realize that his blaster pistol has run out of ammunition" - then there is a Z too much and Thug 4 should still be in play... Right? What's below assumes this is the case.

    I'm pretty sure the four of us can kill him before he can act again, so I understand if you want to wave that part under the carpet, Possum. Had this all written out before Songdragon posted though, so what the hey, right? Makes for some nice roleplaying.

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    One of Ganga's remaining guards turns his blaster pistol on Sloor, hoping to at least slow down the raging Besalisk. The shot hits the four-armed alien but doesn't do that much damage to him.
    "You little san awf a Murglak!" Holding his smoking wound with one hand, Sloor fills the air with repeated blaster shots as he moves back from the offending thug, all of them missing by a hair's breath <I think>. He finally ends up taking cover behind TB's cylindrical bulk, trying to align a better shot.

    "Hello to you as well, my master," quips the droid. "Myself and the wounded were indeed feeling left out."

    "You still alive dawn there?" inquires the besalisk with a couple of lightning quick glances Mack's way.

    źBlaster fire: 1d20+1=12, 3d8=13
    źCondition: Sloor has cover behind TB (19 effect REF). TB has, obviously, no cover.

    "Nawt saw fast, Sra, I dan't think," mildly contradicts the besalisk. He turns to the one remaining guard, the sole survivor except for the astromech, "A very successful dawble craws, spirk, best I've seen in a while. Ganga's out and saw is Switch. We're taking its head, by the way, since it's gawt data we want in it... AND the desk! Aside from that, are you taking awver?"

    _____________________________________________
    Law of the jungle.
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Saturday, 17th April, 2010 at 12:56 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #160
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore possum
    My communities:

    OOC: Yep, Four should have been alive. I went to move him, got distracted by an update on my FLGS (fire at the separate Mexican resteraunt upstairs caused some smoke damage), and forgot to place him back on the map. I agree though, unless he got off an extremely lucky shot, you'd all take him down quite easily.

    IC: The sole remaining member of Switch's guard shrugs at the Besalisk's suggestion. The Aqualish mutters something in his own language before translating and expanding it for the benefit of the rest of you. "We can't be bought that easy, though it was tempting for a while. As for your other question, I don't think so. I don't have the skills necessary to be an info broker. I'm just hired muscle, and a bad one at that. Now both of the station's criminal element has been destroyed, I think I'll just go back home. That our try to book passage to The Wheel..."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive
      By possum in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1230
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th February, 2013, 07:34 PM
    2. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 12:56 PM
    3. Dawn of Defiance
      By Wintergypsy in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 386
      Last Post: Monday, 7th July, 2008, 05:10 AM
    4. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance
      By Diesel in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th June, 2008, 02:01 PM
    5. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )
      By Diesel in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 108
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th June, 2008, 08:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •