Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack pulls indicates the datapad he got from Maya and says, “Good idea Mir, let’s put the data on here. Let me help you R5.”
Action Take 10 for 16 on Use Computer to Aid Another
He will say softly to Mir, “I think Sloor has that under control over there. The bugger can’t see what we’re doing and his attention is likely fixated on that blaster barrel in his face. Besides the more credits and other things Sloor scrounges, the less credits we have to worry about to pay him for his services.”

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir nods to Mack and asks with a smile, "Have 'those'," motions to the bodies on the deck, "been checked over for credits and other goodies?"

possum

First Post
Ganga tries to explain his situation to Sloor, praying to whatever gods Chevins worship that the Besalisk will be satisfied with what he has. Most of the credits that he has earned has gone into buying new arms for his men. A shipment of blaster carbines, as well as a shipment of cargo jumpsuits that won't arrive until the fourth day of the week (it's the second right now). He also invested in a new security system for his own hideout.

The agent in carbonite appears to be stored in the bay itself, and had an open schedule regarding pickup. Twirping that that's all that's on file, the R5 goes about copying the relevant info on Switch's computer to the datapad, as well as copying the stuff that would not likely interest you onto his own drives.

Songdragon

Explorer
'Again, thank you R5." Looks over the schematics that R5 found before to see what they bay looks like and for entry/exit points.

"We will need to let our contact know what we have found and when we will be heading out to get it, here soon," Mir mentions to her companions.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ganga tries to explain his situation to Sloor, praying to whatever gods Chevins worship that the Besalisk will be satisfied with what he has. Most of the credits that he has earned has gone into buying new arms for his men. A shipment of blaster carbines, as well as a shipment of cargo jumpsuits that won't arrive until the fourth day of the week (it's the second right now). He also invested in a new security system for his own hideout.

And by his expression he's probably telling the truth... "Freck! Couldn't you at least invest in sawmthing mawr pawrtable?" Sloor makes a show of thinking it over - fingering his gungrip unhappily - but his mind is already made up really: "Alright," he finally declares, "fawrk awnership awf thaws shipments awver and we're releasing you taw days frawn now, when the goods are awers... Deal?"

«Assuming Ganga agrees and forks over the details of when/where the shipment arrives, etc:
Sloor switches his blaster over to stun, *showing* Ganga he's doing it, before he shoots. "See you in taw days," he tells the slumping form of the crime lord as he walks over and handcuffs his hands behind his back AND tapes his legs together (both items courtesy of TB). "Hey, rebellian baw! You gawt any use fawr riffles and cargaw suits? Make you a good price."

<After he's brought up to speed on the whole carbonite thing:
"Better hawp it's nawt a bunch awf frawzen fruits... Panda, my friend, what would you say taw taw days of mild guarding duty? All expenses paid, awf cawrs."

"We will need to let our contact know what we have found and when we will be heading out to get it, here soon," Mir mentions to her companions.

"I'll handle that," agrees Sloor. He flicks out his datapad-comlink and punches up Maya, holding his hand out so everybody can see her flickering green bust: "Hey there, hawnawred client. Negawtiatian with Switch have been" - a slow, predatory grin - "'sucessful'. We knaw where the cargaw is : send a small hawver lift and fawr days wawrth awf food awver to V14 and we'll get it dawn... Any update awn where you want it delivered?"

Last edited:

possum

First Post
OOC: I meant combat jumpsuits. Had cargo on the mind.

Ganga nods and is then immediately blasted back into unconsciousness.

The bay has only one entry and exit that is feasible for you.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Hey, rebellian baw! You gawt any use fawr riffles and cargaw suits?"
At this Mack looks up thinking,‘rebellion boy'? Must mean me, and replies, “Well I have a good rifle now, but combat jumpsuits are good. I could use one.”

"Better hawp it's nawt a bunch awf frawzen fruits..."
Mack replies in a low voice to Mir, “The frozen agent could be a fruit, who knows.”

Mack swaps out power cells on his blaster rifle with a fresh one on his utility belt.

Now that Ganga is out, Mack looks in Panda’s direction too. He cautiously says, “Okay guys we need to settle some things before we continue on. First about Panda, Sloor do you think he will stay bought? Maybe he should not be overhearing our strategy session. What he doesn’t know he cannot reveal.”

“Second we need an inventory of everything we have scavenged for personal use and resale. We have finished taking everything we want from these bodies, yes?”

“Third, I am not clear what everyone’s role here is. We are fast becoming an insurgent cell and we need to know each other a little better. I get that Sloor is an enterprising individual and can deal with people and negotiating. That droid of his has some medical treatment ability too. Since you mentioned going to see a doc, I guess he doesn’t perform surgery, though.” Mack gently feels the head wound that almost put him down permanently.

“For myself, obviously I am good with blaster rifles and capable for ranged fire support. I was a member of my local law enforcement Special Operations Team, and I have knowledge of tactics in combat. I have said that I can pilot and I know something about computers and mechanics as well.”

He turns to Mir and 'Baton Boy' and asks, “But, pardon me for being blunt, what are you two bringing to this party? I think I can trust you, trial by fire and all, but I am not clear what skills and abilities you are contributing. And I not sure we even know his name.” He is indicating Keyton.

Songdragon

Explorer
"For this gear Ganga seems to have coming, I do not think we should sit and wait days. It would appear that Maya and whomever she is working for, is looking for whomever is in the carbonite. The plan should be get him and get off of this station. Maya mentioned having transport taken care of. We should use it as soon as we get the 'cargo'. I am not waiting around to be caught byt the Empire. They seem to have some decent presence here." Mir comments on what Sloor wants to deal and wheel.

Mir looks to Mack and answers, "What I do, I am a Universal Geographic correspondent. I have traveled the wilds of many worlds to get a story and the like. I can get around and live off the land if needed. I know how to use a blaster and rifle if needed. As for insurgent stuff. Right now I am helping out Maya and getting off this station."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
«Possum, I am presently assuming the following, correct me if I'm wrong:
1. We know how to make the pick up on Ganga's shipment (that "immediately" didn't seem to leave much time for an exchange of information, but apparently...)

2. Ponda has agreed to guard Ganga for the two days until the shipment arrives.

3. That call to Maya didn't get through.

“Well I have a good rifle now, but combat jumpsuits are good. I could use one.”
"Awn? Saw this is gawing taw be a frecsing HUGE insurgent cell, is it?" grumbles Sloor. Ah well, always buyers for stuff like this, just have to find them... "TB, cawld you check him awver, see he survives till the fawrth? Set that brawken naws awh his awr sawmthing."

"Did you see how I stared him down? He was shaking in his boots! Fear me, fleshlings, fear ME!" chuckles TB to itself as it sets to work once more, its earlier impatience forgotten.

"Yeah, yeah," mildly agrees Sloor. "Thanks fawr the suppawrt, tin can," he adds with a friendly knock on TB's housing (and this time he means it). The scoundrel strides over to the desk and props himself up on one of its edges.

Now that Ganga is out, Mack looks in Panda’s direction too. He cautiously says,“Okay guys we need to settle some things before we continue on. First about Panda, Sloor do you think he will stay bought? Maybe he should not be overhearing our strategy session. What he doesn’t know he cannot reveal.”
"It's Panda, nawt Panda," incomprehensibly corrects Sloor. "Panda Pawandu, and I ain't asking him taw leave: the guy chaws lawyalty taw his hire awver betrayal awf client awnce tawday already, and I gawt taw say I frecsing *respect" that!" The besalisk crosses his bulging upper arms one over the other and dares Mack to contradict that statement.

“Second we need an inventory of everything we have scavenged for personal use and resale. We have finished taking everything we want from these bodies, yes?”
The besalisk mildly looks at the scattered weapons, unsearched bodies and unopened shipping crates... "I take it that everything else is mine then?"

«Or did I miss that part?

“Third, I am not clear what everyone’s role here is. We are fast becoming an insurgent cell and we need to know each other a little better.
Sloor nearly chokes, transforming it into heartfelt laughter, tension release after the fight. "Well," he finally manages, "unless Switch and Ganga were wawrking WITH the Empire, blandy, I'd say we're fast becoming an imperial pawlice fawrce... But daw gaw awn." He pulls out one of his smelling stubs, breaking the auto-light bulb at the end (maybe this one he'll get to finish).

"I get that Sloor is an enterprising individual and can deal with people and negotiating. That droid of his has some medical treatment ability too. Since you mentioned going to see a doc, I guess he doesn’t perform surgery, though.” Mack gently feels the head wound that almost put him down permanently.
"Awh it cawld," grins the big alien, "You'd just need a thawsand for the surgery kit and sawm really *strang* stuff taw build up your cawrage. It's game if you are."

Looking TB's way, you can see it rotating its sensor turret left, then right, repeatedly. Probably sound advice...

"For this gear Ganga seems to have coming, I do not think we should sit and wait days. It would appear that Maya and whomever she is working for, is looking for whomever is in the carbonite. The plan should be get him and get off of this station. Maya mentioned having transport taken care of. We should use it as soon as we get the 'cargo'. I am not waiting around to be caught byt the Empire. They seem to have some decent presence here."
"My bit finishes awnce the cargaw's delivered," informs Sloor matter-of-factly. "And I sure ain't leaving statian withawt clawsing dawn my awngawings... Speakin awf, what abawt *your* jawb, Sra? Letting that gaw are you?" Always a disapointment to see potential creds fly away.

«He's refering to the one you hired him for, not your job with UG.

Last edited:

Remove ads