Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir adds to Mack's comments about her, "I am rather good at hiding as well. I can be," she pauses a moment to consider her answer before continuing, "convincing to others as well. Though it can take some effort."

She watches Mack and R5 do the computer thing and looks at whatever they might be able to pull up.

possum

First Post
What Mack, Mir and R5 see on the security feed monitors after the droid spends a long while slicing into them, they're guaranteed not to like what they see. They the main door into the large bay open and four of the strangely garbed clone troopers enter the bay, led by a grey-suited officer. The five clear a space for the massive entry door to open and allow a large, open-aired vehicle to enter the bay, piloted by another clone trooper. It hovers half a meter above the ground, and is armed with a large gun.

Code:
| | | |c|W| | | | | | | | | | |1| | | | | | | | |
| | | |c|W| | | | | | | | | | |2|O| |d|d|d| | | |
| | | |c|W| | | | | | | | | | |3| | | | |H|H| | |
| | | |c|W| | | | | | | | | | |4| | | | |H|H| | |
| | | |c|W| | | | | | | | | | |c| | | | | | | | |
| | | |c|W| | | | | | | | | | |R| | | | | | | | |
|c| | | |W| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|c| | | |I| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|c| | | |I| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x| | | | |
|c| | | |W| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |x|B| | | |
|W|W|W|W|W| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|C|C|C| |W| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|C|C| | |I| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | |I| | | | |C|C| | | | | | | | |C| | | | |
|C| | |C|W| | | | |C|C| | | | | | | | | |C|C| | |
|W|W|W|W|W| | |C|C| |C| | | | | | | | | |C|C| | |
|c|c| | |w| | |C|C| | | | | | | | | | | |C|C|C| |
|c|c|c| |I| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |C|C| | |
|c|c| | |I| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|c|c| | |W| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

C=Cargo crate
c=Computer console
W=Wall
d=Small debris (small enough for the hover sled to fly over)
I=Sliding doors
B=Barrel
x=Spilled liquid
O=Officer
1-4=Stormtroopers
H=Hoversled

R5 gives an alarmed beep. WE MUST GET THERE SOON, he inputs on the screen. I THINK THAT THE CARGO IS IN THE FAR ROOM, he adds (meaning the bottom left room on the map). THEY ARE LIKELY TO SEARCH THE CRATES IN THE BAY FIRST, THEN THE OTHER ROOM. STILL, YOU DO NOT HAVE LONG TO GET THERE.

As the droid finishes "speaking" to you, the Imperials fan out and begin checking the nearby cargo crates for the hidden rebel agent.

Songdragon

Explorer
Look over the feed and watches the troopers before she comments, "Looks like we do not have a lot of time guys. We need a plan and get on the move, before they find our cargo."

OOC ((Possum, I have a website I can post maps or pictures, or anything for the group, if you want/need to use it.))

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mir adds to Mack's comments about her, "I am rather good at hiding as well. I can be," she pauses a moment to consider her answer before continuing, "convincing to others as well. Though it can take some effort."
"Naw freck," is Sloor's dry comment, on both statements.

Look over the feed and watches the troopers before she comments, "Looks like we do not have a lot of time guys. We need a plan and get on the move, before they find our cargo."
Sloor peers over and around their shoulders, see what the fuss is about...

"Freck. Freck, freck, freck, freck and frecsing freck, knew it was taw good taw be true. *Fawrget* abawt getting there befawr they find it." How in the nine holes did they find *OUT*? "Ambush them an their way awt, it's the anly way! You knaw any shawrtcuts awt of here, R5?" V14 is far from Sloor's usual hunting grounds.

«If the droid knows a shortcut (the exhaust pipes? You know Switch had at least one back way out of this place) go that way, if not, then it's back the way they came:

"Run naw, discuss as we gaw!"
The big alien is already on the move, using two of his arms to shoo and make 'go, go, go' twirls in the air, as if he believes it'll make all of them go faster. "TB, you're cawver fawr Mack an this awn!" One hard look and blondy's going to go down again -- probably for good this time!

[sblock=Translation]"Freck. Freck, freck, freck, freck and frecsing freck, knew it was too good to be true. *Forget* about getting there before they find it. Ambush them on their way out, it's the only way! You know any shortcuts out of here, R5?"

"Run now, discuss as we go!"

"TB, you're cover for Mack on this one!"[/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Songdragon: I would, but I don't have Photoshop, so I couldn't make a combat grid using the image provided in the module that would be somewhat decent.

IC Action

The R5 beeps a negative to Sloor's question regarding a shortcut.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Source Material Encounter Map]
Enc3-TacGrid.png
[/sblock]
[sblock=Excel Tac Grid]
TacGrid.png
[/sblock]
Mack is calm and cool, while he moves into action; this is his area of expertise after all. While moving, he will first contact Maya over the comlink, “We got a problem. We need a hot evac as close as possible to Docking Bay Blue. Rendezvous with us there.”

*Fawrget* abawt getting there befawr they find it." How in the nine holes did they find *OUT*? "Ambush them an their way awt,
Mack replies, “Can’t wait, no time for finesse. They could communicate the contents after they discovered it so we need to try anyway.”

Then to everyone he says, “I suggest either Keyton or Sloor use that second blaster carbine we got from our lightfight in the promenade. Mir, set yours to autofire, we are NOT frakkin’ around anymore, everyone get your weapons ready. Hopefully we can ambush them in the docking bay. We hit them hard and fast, shock and awe style, before they can take cover. We use the entranceway for cover with ranged attacks while others move from cover to cover to penetrate into the docking bay. Unless you want to interrogate the officer, kill him first, then the pilot.”
<<OOC: Questions:
1. Entrance into the tac grid is where? I thought there was only one, correct?
2. What is “R” on the tact grid?
3. Is R5 coming with?
4. Since it took time to get the schematic, did Sloor finish searching the bodies and can we have an inventory of scavenged gear?>>

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Starts out with the others being sure to extend the invitation to R5, "You are free to join us. Your skills have been most helpful thus far."

As we are on the move move and before we hit open areas she comments on Mack's plan, "I suppose that works. I may have an idea to get around everyone to the storage until with our frosty friend, but I will need to do it before we start firing, and if you want to fire it will be a nice distraction. Gotta remember there are more trooper on the station than that bay too." Mir looks back to R5, "I might need your help to get into the bay."

[sblock=Mir's idea in game terms] Use Illusion to create an illusion of the room's walls about 2-3 feet from the actual wall. Use that 'corridor' to move along behind to hide self and R5 and make for the storage room with frosty friend. Getting him out was the hard part, but if the evac showed up promptly, get into the ship and get out. The distraction helps others from noticing the illusion before they need too. And doing it before combat begins allows a take 10, for a +17 on a UtF check to beat Will saves.

Or we just shoot em up! ;)[/sblock]

possum

First Post
OOC
1: A19 & A20 on your tactical map.
2: A station-owned R3 droid playing the part of innocent bystander
3: The droid says that he'd prefer to stay in his new headquarters and study the situation and help you all from afar.
4: The only things that the dead thugs have on them are a blaster pistol and vibroax apiece.

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
I too agree that we need to get to them before they get to the cargo. Who knows what their orders are once its found.

I don't do well with blasters. I am better off getting in close, drawing their fire and letting you guys pick them off. I suggest that I take out the big gun on the hoversled. He'd be the biggest threat. Or Sloor can do it and then man the gun afterwards, but I don't want to speak for him. It would be nice to go in a little more patched up then I am (remarking to his gut wound), but to each their own.

Keyton puts his baton away. When they get near the cargo bay, he will palm another metal cylinder in his hand

perrinmiller

Adventurer
As we are on the move move and before we hit open areas she comments on Mack's plan, "I suppose that works. I may have an idea to get around everyone to the storage until with our frosty friend, but I will need to do it before we start firing, and if you want to fire it will be a nice distraction.
"If you have some trickery, I am all for waiting to fire until you are ready. Particularly if it gives us some surprise. Maybe instead you would consider taking out the gunner on the hover sled as Keyton has a point on it being the biggest threat. With one entrance we kinda have them cornered."

I don't do well with blasters. I am better off getting in close, drawing their fire and letting you guys pick them off.

"I still think you should take Mir's blaster carbine if she's not going to use it. You look dexterous, so even without proficiency, laying down some autofire to attack an area is still effective. It has done wonders for me in the last two engagements."

It would be nice to go in a little more patched up then I am.
Mack snorts, "Yeah me too."
[sblock=OOC Questions]1. Before we actually arrive at the docking bay, I would like to know how much time we have before arrival for discussing our plans? Don't want to get surprised by the GM throwing us into combat again before we realize we have arrived.
2. The Rendezvous with the Baudo Yacht. Anything Maya going to tell us in response to Mack's comlink call? We are going to be looking to hurry out of the situation after defeating the bad guys and Mack is already thinking ahead.
3. The Tac Grid doesn't show the area outside the entrance. Knowing that we what to use the doorway for cover for at least 2 of us, are you going to allow this? I don't want to start in plain view like we did last time. We should have more control on how we start this encounter, correct?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases