Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

possum

First Post
The scout trooper seems to waver only for a split second before gunning the throttle on his speederbike, zooming off into the general direction of the Imperial facility.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack watches the speederbike disappear without him being able to do anything to stop it. He curses, "Sith spit! We are farkled now. Instead of the boys in white seeing some indigenous life forms, now they have seen a frakkin' covert ops team."

The soldier turns to Vazus and orders, "Tell Verimak, we need to go now! Time just became critical and we are moving out as soon as we are ready. I suggest you and the rest of village go to ground somewhere.
Best to not be here when the imperials return."

Mack just glares at Mir and Keyton
before muttering to Sloor, "Some people seem to forget that we are on a stealth mission. Maybe if we are at the facility while the frakkin' imperial strike teams come here to destroy the village we have a chance. Fat lot we can do about this drek now anyway."

Mack stomps off towards the Rybuck holding pens.

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mir looks breifly taxes and watches with a sullen look as she was unable to stop the trooper. "How will we stop him now?"

Sloor comes back about then, slinking his way round the hut and then slowly straightening when he spots the tableau... "Didn't gaw taw well, uh?"

Mack just glares at Mir and Keyton before muttering to Sloor, "Some people seem to forget that we are on a stealth mission. Maybe if we are at the facility while the frakkin' imperial strike teams come here to destroy the village we have a chance. Fat lot we can do about this drek now anyway."

"Didn't hear a shawt saw it can't be *that* bad, right?" questions-reassures the Besalisk, two arms going around Mir and guiding her towards those self-same pens. "What's taw, three human 'smugglers' taw the great Empire?"

Songdragon

Explorer
Looks to Sloor, "No, it didn't." She looks rather deflated that her abilities failed her.

At being directed to the pens she asks, "How fast are those things? Can we hope to catch that trooper?"

Nebten

First Post
Keyton wastes no time throwing a fit and quickly makes his way to the Rybuck pin.

These animals may travel better and faster in this environment compared to a speeder. Let's try to stop him.

Keyton will try to get on a Rybuck and ride in the direction of the speeder.

Binder Fred

Sloor watches the mad human ride away into the mushrooms... "Right. That was easy enawgh. Naw let's try sawmething that might actually wawrk."

«Sloor is NOT in favor of any more wild riding today. :p

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sloor watches the mad human ride away into the mushrooms... "Right. That was easy enawgh. Naw let's try sawmething that might actually wawrk."
At the pen, Mack also watches the mad man charge off yet again. Mack asks Sloor, "What did you have in mind?"

<<Envisioning the RotJ speeder chase, I don't think we have a snowball's chance to catch the scout on the Rybucks. But if the terrain is such that we can, than Mack's reactions would be different.>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
((ooc: According to Wookieepedia, a kybuck can travel up to 90 km per hour (almost 56 miles per hour for the metric-challenged ;)) Although I am not sure our characters know that. ))

possum

First Post
As you all race to the Kybuck holding pens and manage to mount the beasts, the scout trooper continues to race towards the base.

Binder Fred

«My main problem with it, aside from the 500Km/h speedbike top speed, is that this is THE FIRST TIME any of us has riden, ever (trial runs in the pen don't count ;)). With Sloor's previous 'experience' at ridding, there's no way he can think this is going to work, hence his present course of action. You're welcome to try though, and it *is* in the SW spirit. Sloor will follow at a more sedate pace and pick up the pieces (the sellable ones at least :)).

Back IC:

"I'm thinking what you're thinking, Mack man," answers Sloor as he matter-of-factly dodges a nasty headbutt from his mount as he's tightening its belly strap. "Verimak! You lead us taw the back dawr. Back dah-awr, right?" He mounts up, one hard-learned step at a time, "Vazus, man! Why aren't the villagers mawving awt taw hide? This is urgent! Fire raining frawm the marbling frecking awpen sky URGENT!"

Remove ads