Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"You're rebels," suddenly realizes the besalisk -- even though it's marbling stupid of him not to see it before. "And nawt too sawtle about recruitment either..." His lips curl with (distaste? thought?) and then he shrugs muscular shoulders while simultaneously lighting another one of his salty-smelling pink stubs AND handing the loot over to his droid (who snaps it up and secures it in an externaly mounted container of metal mesh). Sloor points the stub in Mack's general direction: "I'm nawt your servant, blondy: *You* take care awf your awn frecking prisoner. *I* heard talk of credits, saw *I'll* listen taw the princess talk. All bets are awf from there..... You hearing that, Sra?" That last being directed at Mir.

He's still far from happy with the situation - Freck, the frecsing *Empire*! - but at least he's not dealing with the *entirely* insane. Sloor wedges the stub into the left corner of his mouth and dares to think there might actually be a way to come out on top of this one... or at least will all of his parts attached.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir briefly look as the besalisk at his comments and starts to comment herself, but realizes that she does not have a concrete reason for helping out the woman fleeing from the troopers.

She looks to the informant who surrendered to the group and says to the others, "We need to do something with him. At least until we are off this station. He is beginning to learn too much."

She quickly moves off the promenade and looks for a computer console and attempts to discover where Mara's room is.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack decides now is not the time to argue with the besalisk, but rather time for action again, “Well he isn’t going to learn anything more.”

He flips the selector switch on his blaster rifle to stun and shoots the Imperial scumbag into unconsciousness. “Since everyone thinks he surrendered to me,” as he gives Mir a suspicious look, “I guess I’ll take care of him.” He picks a glass of some abandoned alcoholic drink that should be somewhat odorous. Mack dumps it on the Imperial Informant’s face letting some go down the front of the guy’s clothes as well and he wipes the excess with the guy’s sleeve to minimize any dripping.

Mack looks down at his quick handy work, “I think our ‘pal’ here has had too much to drink and we need to carry him home.” He puts his blaster rifle away to free his hands.

Indicating Maya, “We should make sure the injury is not visible. Ma’am, for your own safety, please pretend to look drunk while ‘George’ here is assisting you home. Hopefully we can sort out some of this mess there without drawing suspicion along the way.”

Mack grunts as he picks the unconscious prisoner in a fireman’s carry, and follows along with Mir. With a little strained breath from the weight of his load, he says to her, “Ma'am, I believe your greedy friend has already collected some of his fee, if he is planning on keeping loot from the troopers I geeked.”

OOC: I think we can assume Keyton will assist Maya and go along as well.

Binder Fred

Mack grunts as he picks the unconscious prisoner in a fireman’s carry, and follows along with Mir. With a little strained breath from the weight of his load, he says to her, [/COLOR]“Ma'am, I believe your greedy friend has already collected some of his fee, if he is planning on keeping loot from the troopers I geeked.”

“Left you the mawst valuable parts, blondy,” growls the four-armed alien in reply, “armors are all yours.”

As if in continuation of that though, the besalisk briefly lays a hand on the trooper’s armoured chest. “You chawse the wrong life, friend,” he sadly murmurs. “And I’m fawllawing right behind you.” He’s about to move on but suddenly hesitates... and swiftly removes the clone’s helmet instead.

«Is he a clone or what? (this would be the weird-talking one from the Perception test.

-------------------------------------

Afterwards, Sloor rises and with a twist of his heels he’s off and walking, blunt claws scrapping on plasteel. “Princess’ room is a bad idea, spirks : way my day’s been gawing, there’s a 100 to one they’ll track her there mid-converse – assuming they aren’t there already. Naw, fawllow me instead: it saw happens I knaw a quiet spawt awr three nawt taw far frawm here. Perfect fawr conversating.” He’s definitively NOT going to any rebel hidey-hole if he can help it, and he’ll AT LEAST have the advantage of terrain next time, thank you very much.

“Why are you taking baggage awn a frecsing Duck and Cawver?” asks the besalisk as he passes Mack and his cargo.

«OOC: For a location, I'm thinking either a spot somewhere in the station's infrastructure (A staging spot for Droidgrab games, maybe?) or a private room/table in or in back of a bar/cantina/commerce/gambling/racing establishement(?) where he knows management and the acesses can be observed by a strategically placed droid? Either of those would be ideal, and a back way out would make it perfect. ;)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack grunts in reply, Wellummphthe lady said we needed to do something with him. Ummphfigured we might want to ask him questions. Uunggand he can’t answer them dead. ummphany ideas would be welcome. UnnnggI didn’t ask him to surrender.”

He calls after Mir, “Ma’am, ahh... ‘Greeny??’ here has a point about going back to this lady’s place. She might be grateful for our help, but our best cover and concealment is probably our anonymity. That might get blown to drek if her residence is under surveillance.”

OOC: Not sure if besalisks are green, but it looks that way from Sloor's picture. Substitute a different color is green makes no sense.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir glances at Mack and comments, "I did not mean that he was your problem, more that he was our problem. His surrender was preferable to killing more Imperials. Do not get me wrong, if it is me or them, I choose me and I know how to handle a weapon. Although, it has really been mostly animals rather than people." She stops rambling for a a short while.

Looking to Sloor at his comment of another place to chat, "Perhaps the woman can tell us if she beleives that her place is secure or not? I have not been here long enough to know where is or is not the best place to 'chat'." Mir turns to Maya to see what she has to say on the matter with a questioning look.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack replies to Mir, "Well ma'am I agree with you there, I choose me over them too, particularly in a fire-fight. But I don't feel so comfortable with just killing him now. While we wait on this lady's response, any opinions what to do with my 'Baggage'. I can't say I am happy carrying him around."

Binder Fred

"Tie him up and taws him dawn the garbage chute awver there," is Sloor's quick judgement. "TB, you’re awn pawint."

«TB52 will quietly travel 20m in front of them, pretending to belong to other passerbies as much as possible, and report suspiscious activities heading their way after the droid has passed them. I interpret that as taking 10 on Stealth to appear innocuous.

«Perrinmiller: Besalisks are usually whitish brown to dark greenish in colour so the picture is fairly accurate (except that he has tough blubbery skin with bony plates instead of lizard scales).

Last edited:

possum

First Post
As Sloor removes the helmet off of the Stormtrooper, he sees the non-clone face underneath it. Maya tries her best to hide whatever wounds she has and excepts Mack's help. "There are more on the way," she manages to get out as the group begins to talk.

Binder Fred

Ooc

«Sloor will take10=17 on a retroactive Gather Information check, please (for rumors of clone impersonators, change in empire hiring policies, anything else buzzing around the station's underworld about non-clone's in clone armor).

«I make it two votes to follow Sloor (Sloor and Mack) and two abstentions (Maya and perforce Keyton). The group is therefore following Sloor to a more secure spot (see my previous post for suggestions).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases