Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

possum

First Post
Mack and Mir seem to get along quite well with their Kybucks, enough that the mounts have completely accepted them. Verimak and Sloor are also accepted, but not as much as the previous two riders. Keyton isn't, although the Kybuck doesn't seem to mind its new rider.

The kybucks races towards the scout trooper, following it through the swampy ground. Anyone wishing to take a shot at him can do so at short range with a -2 to attack.

OOC: Mack and Mir gain a +2 bonus on all of their ride checks for the remainder of the chase.

Songdragon

Explorer
The adreneline courses through Mir as she rides off at extreme speeds on a living creature. As she closes the distance with the trooper she raises her pistol and fires off a shot. (1d20+1=11) As the blast goes wide she clutches the reins of the beast, "We need to get closer..."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The kybucks races towards the scout trooper, following it through the swampy ground.

All of them break through a wall of foliage, following the whine of his engine, only to find the trooper a mere 80m away! What the frek has he been dawing all this time? Oh. Yeah. Probably.

Surprisingly, Sloor is amongst the first to take a shot -- or maybe not so surprisingly, considering that it takes only two, three hands to guide the beasts and that the others are going for SPEED!

1d20+1-2=10, 3d8+1=21

He manages to obliterate a wavy-palmy-planty thing, who obviously had it coming!

"You were shooting for his vehicle," accuses TB, who's grabbed on to Sloor's back and is letting itself be dragged along, hover engines on full, compensating the best it can for its inertia.

"Well, yeah. Is that a prawblem?"

«Possum, can we get confirmation that the villagers had at least started to move out when we left?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack, surprised that they are actually keeping the imperial in sight, remarks, "Well boy, I'll be your uncle! Might actually be able to frag this guy." He swings his rifle into position and takes as careful aim as he can before squeezing off a single shot.

<<Actions:
Ranged Attack (Short Range 31-60 squares) Blaster Rifle (1d20+2=20, 3d8=12); Did I need a Ride Check to do this?>>
<<OOC: I will be out of town from Thursday-Sunday, I might not have time to post tomorrow before I leave. And Internet access might not be possible while I am gone.>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
«If you're using both hands to fire the riffle - and you pretty much have to, right? - I think you'd need to make a 'Guide with knees' Ride check. Thankfully, it's only a DC10. Goooo Mack!

possum

First Post
Mack's shot is the only one to strike true, hitting the scout trooper in the back and sending him tumbling off of his speeder back, causing the pilotless bike to plummet straight into a mushroom.

Far off into the distance, you all can see another biker speed off into the distance as he sees the explosion.

Nebten

First Post
I've always wanted to see the country side.

Keyton tries to steer his kybuck in the direction of the other speeder bike

Remove ads