Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit - Page 8




+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1072
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    A staticky voice comes in over the helmet of one of the fallen stormtroopers. "KD-984, come in. Repeat, status report KD-984. Better send in a squad," the clone's voice says.

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,077
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    "Human males are fragile little things," agrees the four-armed one with a definite twist at the corner of his lips. "Will you get sick just saying the wards?"
    "Huh? I feel fine, whatever." Mack is paying more attention to potetential threats as the group leaves the scene of the firefight behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    A staticky voice comes in over the helmet of one of the fallen stormtroopers. "KD-984, come in. Repeat, status report KD-984. Better send in a squad," the clone's voice says.
    "Alright we gotta move. Now!"

    <<OOC: I think we are waiting to arrive at the safe house.>>
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #73
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,265

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    «I'm assuming this happens just before we set off (and the following conversation with Mack). Correct me if I'm wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    A staticky voice comes in over the helmet of one of the fallen stormtroopers. "KD-984, come in. Repeat, status report KD-984. Better send in a squad," the clone's voice says.
    Sloor almost drops the thing in surprise, but quickly recovers: “KD-984 reparting. We last the target in Marringay sectar. Please advise.” Trying to imitate the man's voice and muffle his accent under heavy breathing at the same time, as if he's been running.


    «Deception: 1d20+7=16. Marringgay sector is of course in the opposite direction of where they are soon to be heading.
    ______________________________________
    We’re doing fine. Everything is fine. How are you?
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Wednesday, 31st March, 2010 at 03:57 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #74
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    Sloor's deception seems to work, and the officer on the other end dispatches a squad. It takes a few minutes for the group to find a safe, out of the way place. When you're there, Maya hands one of you a datapad. "V14," she says. "You need to head to deep storage bay V14. There's a droid there, named Switch, and he has information on how to get a piece of valuable cargo. I was supposed to get it and deliver it to its proper place..."

    She stops, the pain and delirium from her wound making her reveal a little more than she had wished to.

  • #75
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,265

    ø Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Sloor's deception seems to work, and the officer on the other end dispatches a squad.
    The besalisk chuckles deep in his throat as he thunks the helmet back down: ”That’s a few they’ll never see again -- and neither will we!”

    Sloor rises and with a twist of his heels he’s off and walking, blunt claws scrapping on plasteel. [etc]

    Quote Originally Posted by perrinmiller
    "Huh? I feel fine, whatever."

    Finally noticing the arm movement he asks, "Something wrong with your arms?"
    The besalisk sighs, heavily... Artful subtlety is utterly lost on this guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Maya hands one of you a datapad. "V14," she says. "You need to head to deep storage bay V14. There's a droid there, named Switch, and he has information on how to get a piece of valuable cargo. I was supposed to get it and deliver it to its proper place..."
    As nothing else seems forthcoming... “And we’re dawing this becawse we’re bawred, right?”


    «TB52 is outside, surveying the approaches. Perception +9 and low-light vision.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #76
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,077
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    ø Ignore perrinmiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Binder Fred View Post
    As nothing else seems forthcoming... “And we’re dawing this becawse we’re bawred, right?”
    Mack agrees with Sloor’s sentiments, “The besalisk has a point, ma’am.”
    and thinks, Chivalry only goes so far, not sure it extends to running errands.

    He continues, “Considering that we geeked a few stormtroopers to protect you, perhaps you can relax the OPSEC a little and tell us more about what’s going on. This location appears to be safe for the moment so we can spare the time I think.”

    He turns to look at Mir for her opinion.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #77
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    The woman looks from Maya to the others assembled and considers a moment before she starts, "Like my companions," a small smile appears on her face as she thinks of these people she has just met as 'companions', " have said, we have risked much to help you. While I might be inclined to continue to do so, knowing more about why you were wanted by those Troopers and what this special cargo that you mentioned is? As well as why it is so important? If it is not too much to ask that is?"

    Mir pauses and adds in a sincere way,"While you have little reason to trust us with many important details, some information will be needed, if we are to continue to risk ourselves."

  • #78
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    "My benefactor can reward you handsomely after all of this is through. He's a very influential figure, but he has no love for the Empire, that much is already obvious. I'll tell you more once you get this vital work done for us."

  • #79
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Songdragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,638

    ø Ignore Songdragon
    Mir nods her head, "Hmmmm... Okay. What is the cargo? Since you do not seem too forthcoming, knowing what we are transporting might be nice. I mean, is it a small box, large box, illegal goods? Anything special we should be aware of? As well, You did mention delivery? Where? When?"

    Mir passes a look to the others to see if they seem interested in Maya's offer and have anything else to ask.

  • #80
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ø Ignore possum
    Maya hangs her head low. "To tell the truth, I don't know myself. I got a communication from another agent in the field, telling me that there was a shipment coming in on this station--brokered by a droid named Switch--that was extremely vital to our rebellion efforts. What I got before those Imperials found me was that it was a fairly large bit of cargo. You can meet Switch at anytime in Deep Storage Bay V14, but I think it should be done soon."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive
      By possum in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 1230
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th February, 2013, 06:34 PM
    2. Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Dramatis Personae
      By possum in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th November, 2011, 11:56 AM
    3. Dawn of Defiance
      By Wintergypsy in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 386
      Last Post: Monday, 7th July, 2008, 04:10 AM
    4. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance
      By Diesel in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th June, 2008, 01:01 PM
    5. Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )
      By Diesel in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 108
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th June, 2008, 07:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •