Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

possum

First Post
A staticky voice comes in over the helmet of one of the fallen stormtroopers. "KD-984, come in. Repeat, status report KD-984. Better send in a squad," the clone's voice says.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"Human males are fragile little things," agrees the four-armed one with a definite twist at the corner of his lips. "Will you get sick just saying the wards?"

"Huh? I feel fine, whatever." Mack is paying more attention to potetential threats as the group leaves the scene of the firefight behind.

A staticky voice comes in over the helmet of one of the fallen stormtroopers. "KD-984, come in. Repeat, status report KD-984. Better send in a squad," the clone's voice says.

"Alright we gotta move. Now!"

<<OOC: I think we are waiting to arrive at the safe house.>>

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
«I'm assuming this happens just before we set off (and the following conversation with Mack). Correct me if I'm wrong

Sloor almost drops the thing in surprise, but quickly recovers: “KD-984 reparting. We last the target in Marringay sectar. Please advise.” Trying to imitate the man's voice and muffle his accent under heavy breathing at the same time, as if he's been running.

«Deception: 1d20+7=16. Marringgay sector is of course in the opposite direction of where they are soon to be heading. ;)

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Sloor's deception seems to work, and the officer on the other end dispatches a squad. It takes a few minutes for the group to find a safe, out of the way place. When you're there, Maya hands one of you a datapad. "V14," she says. "You need to head to deep storage bay V14. There's a droid there, named Switch, and he has information on how to get a piece of valuable cargo. I was supposed to get it and deliver it to its proper place..."

She stops, the pain and delirium from her wound making her reveal a little more than she had wished to.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor's deception seems to work, and the officer on the other end dispatches a squad.
The besalisk chuckles deep in his throat as he thunks the helmet back down: ”That’s a few they’ll never see again -- and neither will we!”

Sloor rises and with a twist of his heels he’s off and walking, blunt claws scrapping on plasteel. [etc]

perrinmiller said:
"Huh? I feel fine, whatever."

Finally noticing the arm movement he asks, "Something wrong with your arms?"
The besalisk sighs, heavily... Artful subtlety is utterly lost on this guy.

Maya hands one of you a datapad. "V14," she says. "You need to head to deep storage bay V14. There's a droid there, named Switch, and he has information on how to get a piece of valuable cargo. I was supposed to get it and deliver it to its proper place..."
As nothing else seems forthcoming... “And we’re dawing this becawse we’re bawred, right?”

«TB52 is outside, surveying the approaches. Perception +9 and low-light vision.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
As nothing else seems forthcoming... “And we’re dawing this becawse we’re bawred, right?”

Mack agrees with Sloor’s sentiments, “The besalisk has a point, ma’am.”
and thinks, Chivalry only goes so far, not sure it extends to running errands.

He continues, “Considering that we geeked a few stormtroopers to protect you, perhaps you can relax the OPSEC a little and tell us more about what’s going on. This location appears to be safe for the moment so we can spare the time I think.”

He turns to look at Mir for her opinion.

Songdragon

Explorer
The woman looks from Maya to the others assembled and considers a moment before she starts, "Like my companions," a small smile appears on her face as she thinks of these people she has just met as 'companions', " have said, we have risked much to help you. While I might be inclined to continue to do so, knowing more about why you were wanted by those Troopers and what this special cargo that you mentioned is? As well as why it is so important? If it is not too much to ask that is?"

Mir pauses and adds in a sincere way,"While you have little reason to trust us with many important details, some information will be needed, if we are to continue to risk ourselves."

possum

First Post
"My benefactor can reward you handsomely after all of this is through. He's a very influential figure, but he has no love for the Empire, that much is already obvious. I'll tell you more once you get this vital work done for us."

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir nods her head, "Hmmmm... Okay. What is the cargo? Since you do not seem too forthcoming, knowing what we are transporting might be nice. I mean, is it a small box, large box, illegal goods? Anything special we should be aware of? As well, You did mention delivery? Where? When?"

Mir passes a look to the others to see if they seem interested in Maya's offer and have anything else to ask.

possum

First Post
Maya hangs her head low. "To tell the truth, I don't know myself. I got a communication from another agent in the field, telling me that there was a shipment coming in on this station--brokered by a droid named Switch--that was extremely vital to our rebellion efforts. What I got before those Imperials found me was that it was a fairly large bit of cargo. You can meet Switch at anytime in Deep Storage Bay V14, but I think it should be done soon."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases