Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ah frec, the frecking rebellion -- Again! Better speak up before rebel-boys One and Two ruin it for him: "Look, Sra," Sloor forcefully plucks the stub out of his mouth with one hand, "all that is very tawtching, but you already tried the unspecified rewards thing awnce tawday. Me and the drawid, we gawt skills in this sawrt of thing. We knaw the station inside out, *we* can get your cargaw out awn the quiet side and we *dawn't shoot first*! We'd even be willing taw wark the jawb... *if* you put dawn a very large number next taw that 'handsawmely', AND we get a dawnpayment right naw... Think awf it as a gesture of gawd will."

What Mir thinks she's doing he has no idea, but it's not really his problem, is it?

Nebten

First Post
If getting this cargo means getting off this station, the sooner the better. I hope you have a transport ready once the transaction can be completed. It is strange that a driod would be in the middle of all this. Do either of you know where this V14 is or who this Switch is?

Keyton takes the datapad and reads over it.

possum

First Post
"All I have on me is 50 credits," Maya says with obvious irritation at the Besalisk's money-oriented mind. "200 credits apiece then," she offers off of the top of her head.

EDIT: This was said before Keyton's previous action.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

"Ha! Look at your ribs, Sra, look at haw they're NAWT bleeding all awver the flawr right naw. That's a hundred credits in medpacks, plus twice that in medical drawid maintenace and upkeep. You're rawbbing us blind shawrt of 600 per diem, and that's a fact."

«Persuasion/Bargaining +7 :)

«While we're at it, Gather Information +7 on Switch, Deep Storage and Deep Storage V14, please.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks at Sloor at his 'claim' and has to blink as she wonders how low one can go to gain a few credits. The woman shakes her head and comments, "The medpac in question was mine. She looks to Maya with a apologetic look, "There will be no charge for it. She turns her gaze to the besalisk and her eyes narrow.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger

Mack decides to leave the besalisk to deal with issues related to money and says to Keyton, “Let me know if I can be of assistance with that datapad, I have some training with computers.”

[sblock=Actions] If necessary: Use Computer/Access Information (1d20+6=23) and Use Computer/Improve Access (1d20+6=14)[/sblock]
<<OOC: I want to know what’s on the datapad before we get moving on a course of action.>>
Once Sloor is done haggling, Mack will say, “Here’s the SITREP. We have a vital cargo that the Empire wants; securing it to deny the Imperials from taking possession works for me. Second, we need more Intel on the droid and V14; Sloor appears to be capable doing that. Third, the actual retrieval operation; perhaps a quick recon before approaching the droid wouldn’t be a bad idea. Also I can get in position to cover the exchange beforehand if necessary. Fourth, this cargo has value to this woman’s wealthy benefactor, which gives us leverage once we have possession. Fifth, on this retrieval op, what are we going to do with this injured woman, leave her behind or take her with us? Lastly, we probably need to get off this station with this cargo, assuming that the wealthy benefactor is not on this station of course (not to mention we need off the station anyway if the Imperials got any kind of ID on us after what we have done.). I can pilot or navigate if we have access to a ship.”

“Does that about cover it?”

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir's gaze moves from Sloor to Mack, lacking the intensity she gave the besalisk. She answers his question, "Sounds about right. Although, if we agree to anything I am not too keen on leveraging anything afterward just because we may have something that we can may do so. Not to mention, you just mentioned an intention to do so, in front of the woman who wishes our help."

She considers some of of Mack's other thoughts and asks Maya, "So, what about you. You going to be alright if we head out, whether we take on this task or not. And... should we get this cargo of yours, what then? How do we get off the station with it? Or is that something we would have to consider as well?"

Binder Fred

"The medpac in question was mine. She looks to Maya with a apologetic look, "There will be no charge for it. She turns her gaze to the besalisk and her eyes narrow.
Sloor gazes back, clearly not seeing the ethical problem. The other problem he's seeing all too clearly though: "The pawint, Sra, is that repairs *cawst*, and this jawb is very, very, *very* likely taw require 'repairs'.... *if* we're at least as lucky as she was." He meaningfully gestures, again, to the patched wound on the other woman -- she *has* considered the possibility of getting shot and killed... right?

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
Well then, feel free to leave. Nobody here is making you stay. Its a very simple decision: stay and help, or flee and get off the station. After all, you do have your own ship to just fly into the subspace, correct? You don't necessarly blend in and I'm sure the Empire would like a strong set of arms like your in their construction crews.

Binder Fred

Sloor gives him the same guarded look he gave him before, that reserved for the clinically insane of a perticularly dangerous bend. "Nawt your decision to make, baton baw. But sure, anything to please you: you dawn't want your share? Then give it taw somebawdy who actually has a chance of pulling this awf without dying in blaze awf pawintless glawry... Haw abawt it?" The offer, at least, is quite serious.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases