Evocative City Sites Lorn's Entrepot (Abandoned Warehouse)

Dark Mistress

First Post
Evocative City Sites Lorn's Entrepot (Abandoned Warehouse) by Rite Publishing. I was given this product for the purposes of this review. This product is 47 pages long. Cover, Credits, two pages of maps is the first 4 pages. OGL, 1 add page and back cover is 3 more pages. 32 pages is taken up by blown up sections of the map ready to print to be used as a miniatures map with built in grid. The next two pages is a IC account of the warehouse and two of the NPC's. The final 6 pages are taken up by NPC stat blocks and information of the 3 NPC's at the location. With the last half page of the NPC section take up with a magic item and 3 new feats. (least I believe the feats are new).

Closing thoughts, this is basically just a location one can drop into your existing game as a diversion for the PC's. The NPC's are well done, the IC intro was a nice touch and like all Rite publishing stuff the lay out and quality is top notch. But... it just felt like something was missing. There really isn't much in the way of GM advice on how to use it, beyond the goals of the NPC's detailed in it. I would have liked something more, maybe a few more NPC's. Some more details about the warehouse like a short history maybe. Who now uses it, what the locals think. Don't get me wrong the product is nice but I really felt it could have used a bit more. In short if you are looking for something to drop into your existing game in a city for a little side trek for the PC's this works for that. I just feel it could have been more. So it does the job it set out to do, but since I think it could have used more to make it more useful I am giving it 3 stars. At 1.99 it is a nice pick up if you are looking for a short side trek.

Crothian

First Post
So no adventure hooks or haunted rumors or smuggling plots? What are the motivations of the NPCs then? Is it designed just as a place to combat or is there a list of possible things stored there, rates for using it as a warehouse or anything anything like that?

Dark Mistress

First Post
So no adventure hooks or haunted rumors or smuggling plots? What are the motivations of the NPCs then? Is it designed just as a place to combat or is there a list of possible things stored there, rates for using it as a warehouse or anything anything like that?

The only plot hooks are what the NPC's goals are, but that is kinda left to the GM to decided exactly what they are doing to accomplish them. There is one plot hook in the IC intro for the 3rd NPC which could bring the PC's to look into the place. No rates for using it as a warehouse as it is abandoned and currently used by the 3 NPC's in the book.

But you hit on basically my biggest critic of the product. While it is well done and the NPC's well done. I felt it needed some more plot hooks, history etc to really bring the product to life. I am hoping future such books have a bit more along those lines.

Remove ads