Catalyst Game Labs might be on life support

Thanee

First Post
Sounds like somebody got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and then put the cookie back...

If the rumored numbers are true, that's one hell of a cookie, though, and quite a bit of it has broken off and has to be picked up first before being put back. ;)

Bye
Thanee

coyote6

Adventurer
So is there a list yet of who all left (in terms of staff writers/contractors)? Not the management but actual writers?

On staff? I think they only had a few on staff (maybe just the line developers), everyone else was freelance (like most RPG companies). The people mentioned as having left weren't primarily writers, either.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Left Catalyst Game Lab:

* Adam Jury (layout and contributions)
* Jennifer Harding (CGL's bookkeeper and office manager)
* David Stansel-Garner (Operations Manager)

Said they'll no longer working with CGL:

* Rob Boyle (Eclipse Phase)

Cheers!

coyote6

Adventurer
Quotes I've seen say Boyle, Jury, & co. are going to continue with Eclipse Phase. I guess it just won't be through Catalyst.

Ketjak

Malicious GM
New development posted on RPGNet

If the rumored numbers are true, that's one hell of a cookie, though, and quite a bit of it has broken off and has to be picked up first before being put back. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Ingredients have to be bought, mixed into cookie dough, baked, and then replaced. Questions arise about whether or not the ingredients can even be bought, or that enough cookies can be baked to replace the giant-sized cookie that went missing.

I happen to be right smack in the middle of this and though I won't pass information, I am happy to point out information that gets posted.

[BattleTech/Cthulhutech/Eclipse Phase/Shadowrun] CGL Might End [Irwin x1] - Page 44 - RPGnet Forums

Scroll down to post 439 by Frank Trollman. Love him, hate him, ban him, whatever - he happens to have posted an actual letter sent by IMR/Catalyst to freelancers. You don't have to listen to his weird anti-religion ranting, and I advise against it. I also don't condone posting even quasi-private information, but it's out and I prefer Enworld to RPGNet.

(Um, he also posted that on Dumpshock but got himself banned and his post removed, I believe, by showing religious intolerance.)

- Ket

Remove ads