Achievements

SabreCat

First Post
(Something of a fork from http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan...dex-cards-fly-setting-plot-collaboration.html )

4e is sometimes accused of having World of Warcraft or video game logic. Let's suppose we were to run with this all the way, and implement a set of "Achievements" or "Trophies" for a D&D4 campaign, in the vein of Xbox LIVE, the PlayStation Network, or, yes, WoW. Each achievement would give out a reward in the preferred currency of your campaign--XP, gold, Action Points, FATE points, or the like. The players would have a sheet listing these achievements, and check them off, scoring the accompanying points, when they fulfill the conditions.

What goals would you include?

SabreCat

First Post
Here are the achievements I've come up with so far. I just need a lot more! Maybe some luck-based achievements or ones that you need to build up to over time?

Better Part of Valor
Score this achievement when your party opts to leave the field of battle instead of fighting on to eliminate every opponent.​

Double Team
Score this achievement when you use a readied action such that you and an ally attack with flanking on the same enemy on the same initiative count.​

Dunno About You, But I’m Still Good
Score this achievement when you reach more than one milestone since your last Extended Rest.​

Forgot the Safeword
Score this achievement when you are are knocked unconscious.​

Running the Gauntlet, or, I’ll Take You Down With Me
Score this achievement when you suffer three or more Opportunity Attacks in a single turn.​

Walk the Plank!
Score this achievement when you cause an enemy to take falling damage from forced movement.​

Warband Savior
Score this achievement when you revive two or more allies from unconsciousness in the same combat (or the same ally two or more times).​

weem

First Post
It's an interesting idea.

Here's two top of my head (though without clever names)...

- Using forced movement on an enemy that ends up causing falling damage
- Making one enemy attack another

And this one got me thinking...

Warband Savior

Score this achievement when you revive two or more allies from unconsciousness in the same combat (or the same ally two or more times).

PC[Fighter]: "Are you going to heal me or what? I'm at 6!! I've already fallen once!"

PC[Cleric]: "Yeeaa... ya see, the thing is... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and go down ONE more time according to this sheet. I'll do everything in my power to get you back up... after you drop of course."

Too funny ;)

Grimgrin

First Post
HUMILIATING DEATH ACHIEVEMENTS

Pickled Fish
Awarded to characters who drown in a vat of alcohol.

Anklebitten
Awarded to characters killed by a small sized minion

Third Time Is The Charm
Awarded to characters "raised from the dead" three times.

He Had It Coming
Awarded to characters brought down by the area attack of an ally.

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
Right in the Jugular
Score this achievement when you roll two natural 20s in a row.

Having a Bad Day
Score this achievement when you roll two natural 1s in a row.

Ultimate Slayer
Score this achievement when you deal damage equal to your level x 15 in one attack (or something, I don't really know how the math scales).

This is something I've thought of before, but nothing that as a DM I'd go through extra effort to plan out. I let my players know that if they want to track achievements, they can. I'd probably give out 5 or 10 XP here and there for it. That would actually be a nice way to speed up level progression if you think it's slow.

King Nate

First Post
I started a new campaign recently and created this list of achievements for them. At first everyone just laughed them off, but then they started getting into it. The overall reaction to it is very positive. View attachment A.pdf

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases