Play two playlists on the same player?

Oryan77

Adventurer
I've been trying a new thing with our games background music. I'm using Winamp to play the background music, but I use another music player to play sound effects. So if the PCs are in the forest, I have my background "forest" music playing, and in the other player I have my "forest sound effects" playing (birds chirping, stream flowing, rain falling, etc etc).

But using two players is a bit of a hassle. None of the RPG music players I've found seem to play multiple playlists at the same time. I tried a few demo DJ Mixer programs, but none that I've tried will load 2 playlists at once and keep them separated. I don't want all the mp3's from both playlists to mix together in the programs directory.

Does anyone know of a program that will load 2 players at the same time, and each player can keep track of it's own playlist?

If I have to, I will just install two different versions of Winamp and use them at the same time. But it would be handy if the players were in a single window so I can minimize/maximize or move it around the screen in a single instance.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
If using Winamp, go into the preferences and turn on the allow multiple instances if you computer can handle that. Then start up two copies of winamp and load the respective playlists or songs. It'll play both songs/playlists simultaneously/overlapping if you want. One of the sound programs listed in the software forum, or the one above may be more to your liking though.

Oryan77

Adventurer
If using Winamp, go into the preferences and turn on the allow multiple instances
I didn't know this was possible, so that was great. But it looks like 2 instances of Winamp share the same volume control. So if I change the volume of one instance, the volume changes on the other instance also. Oddly though, the volume knob doesn't change direction on the 2nd instance.

I installed this and it seems pretty nice. I can't seem to get it to play the m3u playlists though. It loads them into the player, but it looks like it just loads the m3u file and doesn't actually recognize any tracks within the file. I can't seem to figure it out and their help page was blank :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases