Vote for your favorite Paragon Path - Part 17: Sorcerer

Which is your favorite Sorcerer Paragon Path?

• Arcane Wellspring (PHB2)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Blizzard Mage (AP)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Celestial Scholar (AP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demonskin Adept (PHB2)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Dragon Guardian (AP)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Dragonfoe Ragespell (Dr 379)

• Dragonsoul Heir (PHB2)

• Essence Mage (AP)

• Lightning Fury (AP)

• Primordial Channeler (AP)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Wild Mage (PHB2)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • What would Hennet do?

• Poll closed .

mkill

Adventurer
Last edited:

Davachido

Explorer
Out of the magic types I love the Storm magic powers and lightning fury makes them all the more fun, so Lightning fury it is for me.

babinro

First Post
Primordial Channeler has proven to only get better has my game goes further into Epic Tier. On paper I read it and thought it was solid, in play this PP is outstanding.

Overwhelming Elements is a great party friendly tool to help get around the many resistances creatures have. The Cold and Fire Manifestation powers are extremely effective with all the multi-target options available.

Enclave

First Post
I chose Primordial Channeler simply because I loved the flavour it has while I was playing my last character.

It was a Genasi Sorcerer. However from a storyline perspective it wasn't a Genasi but rather a fledgling Primordial. So really flavour wise it was the ideal paragon path.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Out of the magic types I love the Storm magic powers and lightning fury makes them all the more fun, so Lightning fury it is for me.

Ditto. It would be even better if it amped up the Thunder part of Storm magic rather than the Lightning part, but then we'd be getting all sorts of whining about OP and balance.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Overwhelming Elements is a great party friendly tool to help get around the many resistances creatures have. The Cold and Fire Manifestation powers are extremely effective with all the multi-target options available.

Just curious -- in practice, how often do you have the resistance that you want, or at worst your second choice? Half the time? More? I mean, Cold Manifestation could be great when you want to slow all your targets, but it doesn't help much if your current Wild Soul is Radiant.

Enclave

First Post
Just curious -- in practice, how often do you have the resistance that you want, or at worst your second choice? Half the time? More? I mean, Cold Manifestation could be great when you want to slow all your targets, but it doesn't help much if your current Wild Soul is Radiant.

You don't end up with the wild soul you want usually. However I seem to recall there being powers which aid you in changing your wild soul. Additionally the feat "Disciplined Wild Soul" allows you to roll twice when you're determining your wild soul damage type and then you choose the result.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
You don't end up with the wild soul you want usually. However I seem to recall there being powers which aid you in changing your wild soul. Additionally the feat "Disciplined Wild Soul" allows you to roll twice when you're determining your wild soul damage type and then you choose the result.

Sure, which is why I said "in practice", meaning, how often can you get the one you want in actual play conditions?

Enclave

First Post
Sure, which is why I said "in practice", meaning, how often can you get the one you want in actual play conditions?

My point was that utilising that feat as well as some of your powers, you should be able to get the wild soul you want at least semi-regularly.

It's not going to happen all the time, but that's the downside to being a Wild Sorcerer instead of Dragon Sorcerer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases