Ascension ability questions

Yqatuba

First Post
1. If a deity with Soul Stealer dies are the souls they have released?
2. Is Trasmute supposed to be a transcendent ability? Seems awfully weak
3. Why do some abilities (for example Alter Reality) work differently when you get them as part of your template than when you take them as an ability?
4. Why isn't there an omnific [effect} dealing d1000 damage?

Howdy Yqatuba matey! :)

Yqatuba said:
1. If a deity with Soul Stealer dies are the souls they have released?

I'd say this was up to the DM.

2. Is Trasmute supposed to be a transcendent ability? Seems awfully weak

Well, thinking about it, that ability could give you infinite wealth and items of any material you wanted. Its quite powerful indirectly.

3. Why do some abilities (for example Alter Reality) work differently when you get them as part of your template than when you take them as an ability?

They probably shouldn't...might be an error on my part.

4. Why isn't there an omnific [effect} dealing d1000 damage?

I thought about this, but wouldn't that be horribly weak compared to something like Infinite Strength? Infinite [Effect] would be a Metempiric Ability.

Belzamus

First Post
That one makes perfect sense to me. The Big Drift and all, Time dying once everything is infinitely far apart on a sub-atomic scale.

Also, Time is eternal, without beginning or end. Entropy is about the end, or rather, a return to the beginning. They always seemed like polar opposites to me, worked perfectly for my campaign setting, too.

I can't speak for U_K, though, obviously.

Belzamus

First Post
No, not to my knowledge. I'd also rule that they lose any Alignment portfolios they already possess.

Of course, I don't use the opposed portfolios rule. One of my scariest entities if a First One with Double Time and Double Entropy.

Howdy Yqatuba matey! :)

Yqatuba said:
Another question: how is omnipersonal better than transpersonal?

The basic idea is that Omnipersonal should affect all enemies you are fighting, whereas Transpersonal should affect all enemies within your Divine Aura.

Belzamus

First Post
I was always under the opinion it effected everyone EVERYWHERE if the Eternal so chose. Like, wounding them wounds all of existence, which would seem to make sense.

Though...doesn't Omnipresent + Transpersonal achieve the same effect?

Howdy Belzamus mate!

Belzamus said:
I was always under the opinion it effected everyone EVERYWHERE if the Eternal so chose. Like, wounding them wounds all of existence, which would seem to make sense.

Though...doesn't Omnipresent + Transpersonal achieve the same effect?

I am sure there is a bit of an overlap. Its tricky not stepping on the toes of another power when the powers themselves get so all-encompassing.

For instance, Infinite Strength removes the necessity for Infinite Weapon Focus and so forth.

You know, while still clearly a month or two away, I wonder is there anything I should revise or add for the Ascension Revision Print Version (beyond the finishing of the interior art)?

Anyone suggest anything?

Remove ads