PoPP - Mustapha bin-Hanif (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Let's go ahead and get an initiative roll so I'll know who's heard/seen what before I post up.

Abraxis moves up and presses himself to the wall just left of the front doors, peering intently into the darkness. "Can’t see a thing!" he turns and reports.

Lerissa is the first to move into the building. With a whispered admonition, "I'm going to separate a bit so please be careful before you attack," the fierce Tiefling pads silently into the soup.

Speaking your intentions to your companions you stride into the room yourself, moving quickly but cautiously against the wall to the East. Myriad sounds echo strangely through the gloom - the drip of moisture from the fog, the skittering of tiny clawed feet as the rats that inevitably inhabit such places move about, and the occasional creak of the building's frame as it settles to accommodate the weight of the grain it contains.

The fog muffles Leaf's deep voice even as it carries it to your your ears. The Goliath's words are heard as though through a wall of cotton: "Wait . . . Mustapha? Abraxis? . . . Where is everyone?"

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 86

grufflehead

First Post
While the Brass Man's eyes were of no help in the thick foggy atmosphere, his ears were now also beginning to betray him as the sounds seemed to swirl around in the gloom, making it impossible to identify where they came from. Cursing inwardly that he hadn't taken up Leaf's (or indeed Lerissa's offer) of some 'repair' work on the nicks and scratches caused by the War Hounders' assault, Mustapha began to edge along the wall, one hand seeking out the wooden structure of the building, while the other made ready to pull his scimitar and strike anything that emerged from the roiling miasma...

[sblock=actions]
Move action - move round the wall to somewhere around Q7 (?) assuming I don't run into anything.

Free action (?) - as Listening isn't much help, making a smell Perception check in case there are obvious smells of burning, sweaty bodies etc

Standard action - cast Know Direction to give me a point of reference on relative directions

Also trying to make a mental note of how far I have walked eg forward 10', turn right then forward 15' etc

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 08/19     AC: 13  AC(T): 11  AC(FF): 12  Init: +01

* Situational Bonus

Saving Throw   Total  Base   Mod  Misc   Special
Fort:            +5     2     +3          
Ref:             +3     2     +1           
Will:            +4     2     +1         +1 from trait 

BAB: 00       CMB:+00     CMD: 11

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Quarterstaff            +0        1d6            20/x2     
Scimitar                +0        1d6         18-20/x2     
Alchemical Bomb         +3        1d6+4          20/x2     R Touch, Splash 1 sq for 3HP
(standard action to
create and throw)

Spells Available:
    * 0 Level (-/- Daily)    * 1st Level (2/2 Daily)
      * Daze               * Cause Fear
      * Read Magic         * Sleep

Extracts Available:
    * 1st Level (1/2 Daily)
      * Expeditious Retreat
      * (Expeditious Retreat/Cure Light Wounds/Comprehend Languages/Disguise Self/Shield
        - 1 minute to prepare

Mutagen Available: (0/1 Daily) - +2 natural armour, +4 STR, -2 INT

Alchemical Bomb Available: (4/4 Daily) - 1D6 + 4 Damage (direct hit)/ 3 Damage (splash)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mid-Round 02 (Posted Actions Interrupted)

When you get to N6 there's a partially opened door blocking your way farther North. You have enough of your move left to push the door open if you wish. Hinges are on your right as you face North, and the door is open about 30 degrees away from you. It's a big door - like it would be used to give access to a grain cart.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Your sonorous voice echoes through the fog as you chant the verbal component of your spell, and a flash of insight grants you momentary orientation - you are facing North, the door blocking your way. You begin to move along the door rusty hinges protest as a door is pushed open nearby - just to your West. At almost the same moment a hulking form looms out of the fog - Leaf is very difficult to see, his mottled skin blending almost perfectly with the thick damp. As your heart slows from the shock, you hear footsteps sliding through the loose grain on the floor from somewhere farther West.

Attachments

• Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    Granary - Mustapha.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 72

grufflehead

First Post
OC - I take it Leaf and Mustapha can now communicate? How do you want to handle that - look at each other's threads, combine into 1 thread again?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Very good question . . . hmmm.

I don't want to combine threads or encourage you to peek at the other threads, because you still can't see everything the others can (for example, at this point Leaf can see both Mustapha and Abraxis, but Mustapha and Abraxis can't see each other.

Why don't we post verbal communications in the IC as well as in your side thread. Would this be too cumbersome? You could just write up your side thread post and do a Copy/Paste of the relevant parts over to the IC.

If that sounds like too much I'm open to suggestions - the idea is to do something different and have fun, but the fun comes first.

(I'm reposting this over to the OOC as well so the rest of the group can legitimately chime in if they wish).

Remove ads