10 MonkeyGod Adventures: Which Ones Should I Get?

Which of these 10 MonkeyGod adventures should I get?

• All The King's Men

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Hellstone Deep

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Jade Magi Sewer Crawl

• Shadows Under Thessaline

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Song of Storms

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The Hero Snare

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • The Last Initiate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Maze of Screaming Silence

• The Scourge of Raftport

• The Treasures of Elbard

• Other MonkeyGod Adventure (Explain Why, Please)

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
While I was out hunting for Necromancer Games adventures the other day, I came across a copy of The Magic Dump by MonkeyGod Enterprises. I hummed and hawed over it, but I decided to wait once I discovered a copy of Shades of Gray at the same store.

Regardless, I'll likely go back for it at some point since I really like the two MonkeyGod adventures I already own: Black Ice Well and Tsar Rising.

My discovery made me think, once again, about some of the other MonkeyGod Enterprises adventures. I've seen a few of the Blood Plateau adventures (i.e. The Mask of Marruk) around Edmonton, but I rarely give them a second thought.

Still, there are some of the others worth considering. I've pick the following ten adventures to get some advice on:
  • All The King's Men
  • Hellstone Deep *
  • Jade Magi Sewer Crawl
  • Shadows Under Thessaline
  • Song of Storms
  • The Hero Snare
  • The Last Initiate
  • The Maze of Screaming Silence *
  • The Scourge of Raftport
  • The Treasures of Elbard *
The ones marked with an asterisk are the adventures I'm most interested in getting feedback on. I know I've seen The Dancing Hut at Whyte Knight, recently, so that one might be on my radar too.

Cheers!

Knightfall

Last edited:

Ghostwind

First Post
Hellstone Deep is epic level, if I remember correctly, but a fairly good one.

Song of Storms is really good if you have a group that loves to roleplay. Well written and quite interesting. Not your usual hackfest.

Crothian

First Post
Hellstone Deep I think like most high level adventures really failed to take into account all the options that PCs can do.

Hero Snare is brilliant and one of the great examples on how low level creatures with a great home field advantage can annihlate a mid level party.

roguerouge

First Post
Hellstone Deep I think like most high level adventures really failed to take into account all the options that PCs can do.

Hero Snare is brilliant and one of the great examples on how low level creatures with a great home field advantage can annihlate a mid level party.

Seconded. I ran that module and it's still infamous. Amazing what you can do with pots and pans to make life hell.

talien

Community Supporter
I'm the author of All the King's Men and The Dancing Hut so happy to answer any questions you might have.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Another not on the list - Edge of Dreams. A bit of mystery, a good deal of role play, politics, and the threat of war if the PCs fail. The scenario focuses of the fey, and the murder of one of their lords.

A good, solid adventure, with lots of flavor. Then again, I am very much fond of mysteries and political scenarios, and this is a good example of how they can be worked into a game. :)

The Auld Grump

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases