Discussion - New Wiki site

Walking Dad

First Post
Can somebody help me porting my characters :blush:?

My brain seems unable to handle the new site and I still need some approvals...

But I think all the needed changes were already made to these copies:

L4W:pC:Nejs Ragan (Walking Dad)
L4W:pC:Riardon d'Cealis (Walking Dad)
L4W:pC:Vimak Stonecarver (Walking Dad)

but I cannot port them to get them approved :(

The codings (mostly up to date) are here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/5136859-post19.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/4542977-post5.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5136855-post18.html

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
1. Open up your current character sheet. Some people have been able to do this in IE. Others have had to use a cached page.
2. Select either edit or view source to see all the code for your character.
3. Highlight all that code and copy.
4. Go to the new wiki. L4W Wiki
5. Select 'create a new article' from the left hand menu.
6. Name it. L4W:pC:Character Name(Player Name) is the standard format.
7. Select Blank Page.
8. Select 'create a new article'.
9. Send Scorpius 5 american dollars. <- I have been informed that this is actually not needed.
10. Paste what you have copied.
11. Save!

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Also, if you are having a whole lot of trouble, like Phoenix just say which characters and wether they have been approved or not and I'll be happy to port them over.

I'll do yours this afternoon Phoenix.

Ozymandias79

First Post
OK, SR ninjaed me and explained it better except for that whole thing about sending 5 dollars, that is incorrect and not needed.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
OK, SR ninjaed me and explained it better except for that whole thing about sending 5 dollars, that is incorrect and not needed.

Correct, you actually need to send it through wired payment to the L4W judges e-mail where we can save it so the judges can go to our planned judges meeting in Hawaii (or wherever) to plan for the future ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
I just got through figuring it out actually. Thanks though SR. I've got Talon in the Approved and the Requesting Approval areas for now because he is waiting for approval for level up to 3rd. If I had the old wiki, I'd be able to copy paste the lvl 2 version into the approved character section, but as it stands I'm out of luck it seems.

pacdidj

First Post
I just got through figuring it out actually. Thanks though SR. I've got Talon in the Approved and the Requesting Approval areas for now because he is waiting for approval for level up to 3rd. If I had the old wiki, I'd be able to copy paste the lvl 2 version into the approved character section, but as it stands I'm out of luck it seems.

Yimayngurr is in the same situation. He needs approval for an overhaul, but I ported his sheet over from the rpgnews backup, as I couldn't get to the old wiki, so I don't have the old version of his sheet.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
I pulled this off the old wiki. Talon's is from the official approved character page. I didn't see Yimayngurr listed there, but I grabbed the latest version in the sandbox.

Is this what you guys wanted?

=Yimayngurr
Code:
==Summary==
<!--This section will be what the DM (and probably you) use during the campaign. A premium has been placed on putting in the core data necessary to run the game; just the total damage and most salient information should appear here. 

Think of it as a Monster Manual Statblock for your character! -->
{{L4W:Character
|Name=Yimayngurr
|Player=pacdidj
|Level=1
|Class=Hunter Ranger
|Paragon=[paragon class]
|Epic=[epic destiny]
|Race=Half-Orc
|Size=Medium
|XP=833
|Initiative=+6
|Senses=Low-light Vision
|Perception=17
|Insight=12
|HP=27
|Bloodied=13
|SurgeValue=6
|Surges=6
|AC=16
|Fortitude=15
|Reflex=15
|Will=12
|Speed=6 (8 when charging)
|Alignment=Unaligned
|Languages=Allarian, Rripangu (Tribal Matrilect)
|Str=18 (+4)
|Dex=18 (+4)
|Wis=14 (+2)
|Con=10 (+0)
|Int=10 (+0)
|Cha=10 (+0)
|Racial=Half-Orc Resilience, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
|ClassFeature=Hunter Fighting Style, Hunter's Quarry, Running Attack
|BasicAttack=Longspear +6 vs. AC; 1d10 + 4 damage
|BasicRangedAttack=Throw Javelin +6 vs. AC; Range 10/20; 1d6 + 4 damage
|Feats=Quick Draw, Toughness
|Skills=Acrobatics +4, Arcana +0, Athletics +4, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +7, Heal +7, History +0, Insight +2, Intimidate +2, Nature +8, Perception +7, Religion +0, Stealth +9, Streetwise +0, Thievery +4
|Power01={{L4W:Power
|Name=Fading Strike
|Frequency=At Will
|ActionType=Standard
|Keywords=Martial, Weapon
|TargetType=Melee or Ranged (10/20)
|Target=One Creature
|Attack=+6 vs. AC
|Hit=1d10+4 damage (longspear) or 1d6+4 damage (javelin), and Yimayngurr shifts 2 squares to a square not adjacent to the target
|Special=When making an opportunity attack, Yimayngurr can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.
}}
|Power02={{L4W:Power
|Name=Marauder's Rush
|Frequency=At Will
|ActionType=Standard
|TargetType=Melee
|Target=One creature
|Attack=+6 vs. AC (+8 when charging)
|Hit=1d10+6 damage
|Special=When charging, Yimayngurr can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.
}}
|Power03={{L4W:Power
|Name=Precise Assault
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=Standard
|TargetType=Melee
|Target=One creature
|Attack=+9 vs. AC
|Hit=2d10 +4 damage (Longspear)
|Special=Before the attack Yimayngurr moves his speed. He doesn't provoke opportunity attacks for leaving a square at the start of this movement.
}}
|Power04={{L4W:Power
|Name=Furious Assault
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=Free Action
|Keywords=Personal
|Trigger=You hit an enemy
|Effect=The attack deals 1d10 extra damage (Longspear), 1d6 extra damage (Javelin), or 1d8 extra damage for a non-weapon attack.
}}
|Power05={{L4W:Power
|Name=Sure Shot
|Frequency=Daily
|ActionType=Standard
|TargetType=Ranged (10/20)
|Target=One creature
|Attack=+6 vs. AC. Yimayngurr can reroll the attack roll but must use the second result.
|Hit=3d6 +4 damage, Yimayngurr can reroll each damage die once but must use the second result.
}}
}}
<br><br>

==Fluff==
<!--This is where all the roleplaying pure-story elements go! Feel free to add as much as you like about your character.-->

====Portrait====
<center>[[Image:yimayngurrsmall.jpg]]</center>
<br><br>

====Background====
Yimayngurr is an ill-born child of the Rripangu clan, one of a number of hunting and gathering clans comprising a small, tribal human society on the isle of Kythira. He was sired by an orcish pirate who raped a Rripangu clanswoman during a provisions-gathering raid on their coastal camp.
<br><br>
Raised by the Rripangu clan among the Kythirian mangroves, Yimayngurr was initiated into the spiritual law of his people, dancing in ceremonies honoring Marrpan, the Great Sleeping Turtle, on whose back his people believe the isle of Kythira resides. Yimayngurr was a precocious youth, demonstrating a spear-hunting ability far beyond that of his peers, no doubt enhanced by his orcish physique. His ability to consistently bring back the largest, healthiest game from every hunt, quickly earned him the respect of his peers, despite their suspicions about his inauspicious birth, and mixed blood.
<br><br>
Very much at home amongst his clansmen, Rripangu’s greatest ambition as a child was to learn the songs, dances, and stories of his people, and grow up to become a law man, one of the Rripangu leaders and keepers of history, ancestry, and secrets. He was taken in early on by Botj, one of the law men who acted as Yimayngurr’s surrogate father, teaching him the arts of tracking, stealth, and bush medicine. This idyllic scene was shattered however at the end of his 16th year, when Dhakanmirr, one of the oldest and most conservative law men, blamed that year’s severe drought and lack of game and forage on the bad luck brought about by having a half-orc with “dirty blood” amongst the people.
<br><br>
After the council of law men convened, even his mentor Botj agreed that Yimayngurr was to be banished from the tribe, and put to sea, in order to appease the ancestors angered at the violation of the tribe’s strict marriage and procreative taboos that Yimayngurr’s birth represented. During the farewell ceremony prior to Yimayngurr’s banishment, he was granted a vision by Wititj, the World Serpent, foreshadowing the decimation of his people and the land they have held since time immemorial by a ravenous horde of orcs and monstrous creatures serving a shadowy and mysterious force rising from the depths of the Shifting Seas. Along with the vision came a gut feeling that his brutish orc father, whom he has never known, might hold the key to or at least a piece of the vision's puzzle.
<br><br>
Yimayngurr deeply wishes to return to and protect his clan, but knows that unless he can provide proof of the impending danger and a means of stopping or avoiding it, there is no chance he will be taken back. He has vowed to find the truth behind his vision, starting with locating and confronting his father. He knows too that he cannot accomplish this task without the help of skilled allies. It is for that reason that he has turned his canoe toward Daunton, a land where it is rumored great adventurers make their homes and their heroic reputations. Perhaps he can find the help he needs there.
<br><br>

====Description====
Height: 6' 2"<br>
Weight: 225lbs<br><br>
Curly-haired with a broad, flat nose, Yimayngurr bears many of the features of his Kythira-based human tribesmen. Certain telltale features indicate his mixed parentage though, such as his prominent lower canines, greenish skin tone, and unusually tall stature. Lines of pain and worry have recently been etched in the young man's forehead, following his banishment from his native Rripangu clan.
<br><br>
Following the traditions of his people, Yimayngurr has no use for clothing, save for the crocodile-skin leather armor he wears like a second skin, and the thin, loin-cloth-like belt made from his mother's hair, which all Rripangu clansmen wear outside their armor. Like every Rripangu hunter, he carries his armory strapped to his back. Yimayngurr's javelins are actually the traditional, two-pronged, bamboo throwing spears that his people use to hunt, which he propels with his intricately-carved spear thrower. His longspear is fashioned from ironwood with a razor-sharp obsidian point, shaped like an elongated diamond lashed to the haft.
<br><br>
Yimayngurr carries nothing but the bare essentials, the things he needs to hunt both on land and water, and fire-making and cleaning tools with which to dress and cook his kills.
<br><br>

====Personality====
A general affability and a penchant for occasional silly, physical humor sometimes mask the hurt that Yimayngurr carries deep inside. Only his eyes belie the cold rage and sadness he feels over having been born a bastard, and exiled by his people. When the need arises though, Yimayngurr puts aside his emotions, falling back on the quiet, stealthy discipline of a Djambatj, a Rripangu-clan hunter.<br><br>
'''Alignment:''' Unaligned<br>
Despite having been exiled, Yimayngurr follows the sacred laws of his people, which hold the protection of their traditional lands, ancestral heritage, and religious secrets to be more important than any greater philosophical or cosmological moral concerns. Yimayngurr is a loyal friend, but being desperate to rejoin and protect his people, he may consider acts he would have thought deplorable in the past as a means to that end.
<br><br>

====Hooks====
<ul><li>Where is Yimayngurr's scoundrel orcish father? Yimayngurr expects he may be able to learn more about his father's whereabouts on the unsavory island of Bacarte.
<li>What will happen in the encounter between Yimayngurr and his father? Yimayngurr knows he needs information that his father has, but has long harbored a cold rage over the dishonoring of his mother.
<li>A shadowy aquatic menace commands the ravenous hordes of monstrous humanoids that Yimayngurr foresaw attacking his people. What is this watery presence? A malevolent being, a curse, a plague? Something darker yet?
</ul><br>

====Kicker====
<ul><li>Yimayngurr needs allies if he is to safely venture among the pirates and thieves of Bacarte and elsewhere in the isles. Respected at home for his hunting prowess far more than any natural Charisma, Yimayngurr finds it hard to make friends. This is doubly true since he was cast out by his clanspeople, the only friends and family he ever knew. He aims to demonstrate his skills as a hunter and tracker to the residents of Daunton, and perhaps find among them a few trustworthy allies to aid him in his quest.</ul><br><br>

==Math==
<!--This is the section where you  "prove" all your stats and other numbers that make up your character summary (the thing above that summarizes your stats. The easier it is to understand the better; but it should be complete. If you have +5 to hit with your daily then show us how you got that. If you have 33 hit points? We need to know why. 

The character judges shouldn't have to go paging through their PhB to check every number for you; it's your job to make it understandable for them. 

There is no "official" version of what the math section should look like, the headings below are just suggestions; look at the other approved characters for their ideas.-->

===Attributes===
{{L4W:CS:Attributes
|StrInitial=16
|StrCost=9
|StrRacial=2
|StrLevel=0
|ConInitial=10
|ConCost=0
|ConRacial=0
|ConLevel=0
|DexInitial=16
|DexCost=9
|DexRacial=2
|DexLevel=0
|IntInitial=10
|IntCost=0
|IntRacial=0
|IntLevel=0
|WisInitial=14
|WisCost=5
|WisRacial=0
|WisLevel=0
|ChaInitial=10
|ChaCost=2
|ChaRacial=0
|ChaLevel=0
}}

===Defenses===
{{L4W:CSDef
|StrMod=4
|DexMod=4
|ConMod=0
|IntMod=0
|WisMod=2
|ChaMod=0
|ArmorIsHeavy=
|ClassBonAC=
|ClassBonRef=1
|ClassBonFort=1
|ClassBonWill=
|RaceBonAC=
|RaceBonRef=
|RaceBonFort=
|RaceBonWill=
|FeatBonAC=
|FeatNameAC=
|FeatBonRef=
|FeatNameRef=
|FeatBonFort=
|FeatNameFort=
|FeatBonWill=
|FeatNameWill=
|EquipBonAC=2
|EquipNameAC=Leather Armor
|EquipBonRef=
|EquipNameRef=
|EquipBonFort=
|EquipNameFort=
|EquipBonWill=
|EquipNameWill=
|MiscBonAC=
|MiscNameAC=
|MiscBonRef=
|MiscNameRef=
|MiscBonFort=
|MiscNameFort=
|MiscBonWill=
|MiscNameWill=
|Levelbonus=0
}}
<br><br>
===Health===
'''Hitpoints -''' 12 + 10 (constitution) + 5 (toughness, heroic tier) + [0 x 5 (level bonus)] = 27<br>
<br>
'''Surges -''' 
<ul><li>''Value:'' 27 x .25 (rounded down) = 6
<li>''Surges per day:'' 6 (class) + 0 (constitution) = 6
</ul>
<br><br>

===Attacks===
{{L4W:CS:Attack
|StrMod=4
|DexMod=4
|ConMod=0
|IntMod=0
|ChaMod=0
|WisMod=2
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonMAtk=
|ClassNameMAtk=
|FeatBonMAtk=
|FeatNameMAtk=
|EquipBonMAtk=2
|EquipNameMAtk=Longspear Proficiency
|MiscBonMAtk=
|MiscNameMAtk=
|MAtkVs=AC
|ThrownWeaponIsHeavy=yes
|ClassBonRAtk=
|ClassNameRAtk=
|FeatBonRAtk=
|FeatNameRAtk=
|EquipBonRAtk=2
|EquipNameRAtk=Javelin Proficiency
|MiscBonRAtk=
|MiscNameRAtk=
|RAtkVs=AC
}}
<br><br>

===Powers===
{{L4W:PowerToHitSummary
|Power01={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Charge
|StatMod=4
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonPower=1
|ClassNamePower=Running Attack
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=2
|EquipNamePower=Longspear Prof.
|MiscBonPower=1
|MiscNamePower=Charge Bonus
|PowerVs=AC
}}

|Power02={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Fading Strike
|StatMod=4
|StatType=Dex
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=2
|EquipNamePower=Longspear, Javelin Prof.
|MiscBonPower=
|MiscNamePower=
|PowerVs=AC
}}

|Power03={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Marauder's Rush
|StatMod=4
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=2
|MiscBonPower=
|MiscNamePower=
|PowerVs=AC
}}

|Power04={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Marauder's Rush (charge)
|StatMod=4
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonPower=1
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=2
|MiscBonPower=1
|MiscNamePower=Charge Bonus
|PowerVs=AC
}}

|Power05={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Precise Assault
|StatMod=4
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonPower=1
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=2
|MiscBonPower=2
|MiscNamePower=Precise Assault
|PowerVs=AC
}}

|Power06={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Sure Shot
|StatMod=4
|StatType=Dex
|Levelbonus=0
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=2
|EquipNamePower=Javelin Prof.
|MiscBonPower=
|MiscNamePower=
|PowerVs=AC
}}
}}
<br><br>

=== Skills ===
{{L4W:CS:Skills
|StrMod=4
|DexMod=4
|ConMod=0
|IntMod=0
|WisMod=2
|ChaMod=0

|AcrobaticsTrained=
|RaceBonAcrobatics=
|FeatBonAcrobatics=
|FeatNameAcrobatics=
|EquipBonAcrobatics=
|EquipNameAcrobatics=

|ArcanaTrained=
|RaceBonArcana=
|FeatBonArcana=
|FeatNameArcana=
|EquipBonArcana=
|EquipNameArcana=

|AthleticsTrained=
|RaceBonAthletics=
|FeatBonAthletics=
|FeatNameAthletics=
|EquipBonAthletics=
|EquipNameAthletics=

|BluffTrained=
|RaceBonBluff=
|FeatBonBluff=
|FeatNameBluff=
|EquipBonBluff=
|EquipNameBluff=

|DiplomacyTrained=
|RaceBonDiplomacy=
|FeatBonDiplomacy=
|FeatNameDiplomacy=
|EquipBonDiplomacy=
|EquipNameDiplomacy=

|DungeoneeringTrained=
|RaceBonDungeoneering=
|FeatBonDungeoneering=
|FeatNameDungeoneering=
|EquipBonDungeoneering=
|EquipNameDungeoneering=

|EnduranceTrained=5
|RaceBonEndurance=2
|FeatBonEndurance=
|FeatNameEndurance=
|EquipBonEndurance=
|EquipNameEndurance=

|HealTrained=5
|RaceBonHeal=
|FeatBonHeal=
|FeatNameHeal=
|EquipBonHeal=
|EquipNameHeal=

|HistoryTrained=
|RaceBonHistory=
|FeatBonHistory=
|FeatNameHistory=
|EquipBonHistory=
|EquipNameHistory=

|InsightTrained=
|RaceBonInsight=
|FeatBonInsight=
|FeatNameInsight=
|EquipBonInsight=
|EquipNameInsight=

|IntimidateTrained=
|RaceBonIntimidate=2
|FeatBonIntimidate=
|FeatNamIntimidate=
|EquipBonIntimidate=
|EquipNameIntimidate=

|NatureTrained=5
|RaceBonNature=
|FeatBonNature=1
|FeatNameNature=Background
|EquipBonNature=
|EquipNameNature=

|PerceptionTrained=5
|RaceBonPerception=
|FeatBonPerception=
|FeatNamePerception=
|EquipBonPerception=
|EquipNamePerception=

|ReligionTrained=
|RaceBonReligion=
|FeatBonReligion=
|FeatNameReligion=
|EquipBonReligion=
|EquipNameReligion=

|StealthTrained=5
|RaceBonStealth=
|FeatBonStealth=
|FeatNameStealth=
|EquipBonStealth=
|EquipNameStealth=

|StreetwiseTrained=
|RaceBonStreetwise=
|FeatBonStreetwise=
|FeatNameStreetwise=
|EquipBonStreetwise=
|EquipNameStreetwise=

|ThieveryTrained=
|RaceBonThievery=
|FeatBonThievery=
|FeatNameThievery=
|EquipBonThievery=
|EquipNameThievery=

|Levelbonus=0

}}
<br><br>

=== Racial Abilities ===
<ul><li>'''Half-Orc Resilience''' [PHB2 pg. 14] - The first time he is bloodied during an encounter, Yimayngurr gains 5 temporary hit points.
<li>'''Swift Charge''' [PHB2 pg. 14] - Yimayngurr gains a +2 bonus to speed when charging.
<li>'''Furious Assault''' [PHB2 pg. 14] - Yimayngurr has the furious assault power.
</ul>
<br><br>

=== Class Features ===
<ul><li>'''Hunter Fighting Style''' [MP2 pg. 32] - Yimayngurr gains Quick Draw as a bonus feat. In addition, he can sheathe a weapon as a free action and gains a +4 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks he provokes by making a ranged attack.
<li>'''Hunter's Quarry''' [PHB pg. 104] - Once per turn Yimayngurr can designate closest enemy as his quarry as a minor action. Once per round he can choose to deal 1d6 extra damage when his attack hits his quarry.
<li>'''Running Attack''' [MP2 pg. 32] - If Yimayngurr uses a standard action that lets him move (such as a charge or the Precise Assault power), and he ends that movement at least 2 squares away from where he began that move, he gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls made as part of that standard action.</ul>
<br><br>

=== Feats ===

<ul><li>'''Quick Draw''' [Bonus Feat from Hunter Fighting Style, PHB pg. 200] - Yimayngurr can draw a weapon (or an object stored in a belt pouch, bandolier, or similar container, such as a potion) as part of the same action used to attack with the weapon or use the object. He also gains a +2 feat bonus to initiative checks.
<li>'''Toughness''' [1st level, PHB pg. 201] - Yimayngurr gains an additional 5 hit points at each tier of play (at 1st, 11th, and 21st level).
</ul>
<br><br>

=== Regional Benefits=== 
<ul><li>[http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:Character_Creation#Kythira Kythira] - +1 to Nature, escalating to +3 when actually on the Isle of Kythira. Kythiran characters also receive +3 to all knowledge skill checks concerning the Shadowrift, Eladrin ruins, and the historic Eladrin courts on the Living Isle. </ul>
<br><br>

==Equipment==
<!--Your gear and equipment go here!-->

{| 
|-
! Equipment Name
! Price
! Weight
|-
| Leather Armor
| 25gp 
| 15lbs
|-
| Longspear
| 10gp
| 9lbs
|-
| 5 Javelin
| 25gp
| 10lbs
|-
| Hempen Rope
| 1gp
| 10lbs
|-
| Belt Pouch
| 1gp
| .5lbs
|-
| Waterskin
| 1gp
| 4lbs
|-
| Flint and Steel
| 1gp
| 0lbs
|-
| Ochre Body Paint
| 0gp
| 0lbs
|-
| Hair String Belt
| 0gp
| 0lbs
|-
| Spear Thrower
| 0gp
| 4lbs
|-
| Potion of Healing
| 50gp
| 0lbs
|-
| TOTALS
| 114gp
| 52.5lbs
|-
| GOLD REMAINING
| 223gp
| 
|-
|}
'''Encumbrance:''' 52.5 lbs, '''Normal Load:''' 180lbs, '''Heavy Load:''' 360lbs, '''Maximum Drag Load:''' 900lbs
<br><br>
<br><br>

== Tracking == 

====Adventuring Career====
<ul><li>Yimayngurr arrives on Daunton and visits [http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/258878-new-tavern-thread-hanged-man-41.html#post5033546 The Hanged Man]
<li>He barely has time to settle in and order a bucket of oysters before a job opportunity lands in his lap. He signs up to visit Allaria and embark upon [http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/269725-adv-simple-dungeon-crawl-dm-darwinofmind-judge-renau1g.html A Simple Dungeon Crawl]
</ul>
<br><br>

====Adventuring Companions Past and Present====
<ul><li>[http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Jade_Jasperjigger_(elecgraystone) Jade Jasperjigger]
<li>[http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:One_Who_Waits_(Mewness) One-Who-Waits]
<li>[http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php?title=L4W:PC:Grigo_Stickbug_%28On_Puget_Sound%29&oldid=9916 Grigo Stickbug]
<li>[http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Eithal_Lemindt_Arehei_%28H.M.Gimlord%29 Eithal Lemindt Arehai]
<li>[http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Psais_%28Fragsie%29 Psais]
</ul>
<br><br>

==== Wish List ====
<ol><li> 2 or 3 Distance Tridents +1 (level 1, AV pg. 68)
<li>''Most Desired:'' Hungry Longspear +1 (level 2, AV2, pg. 98)
<li>Bracers of the Perfect Shot (level 3, PHB, pg. 244)
<li>Bloodcut Leather Armor +1 (level 4, PHB, pg. 227)
<li>Boots of Rapid Motion (level 5, AV2, pg. 57)
<li>Amulet of Protection +2 (level 6, PHB, pg. 249)
<li>''Most Desired:'' Hungry Longspear +2 (level 7, AV2, pg. 98)
</ol>
<br><br>

==== Treasure ====
<ul><li>Potion of Healing, awarded [http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/269725-adv-simple-dungeon-crawl-dm-darwinofmind-judge-renau1g-7.html#post5059003 here]
<li>189 gp, awarded [http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/269725-adv-simple-dungeon-crawl-dm-darwinofmind-judge-renau1g-23.html#post5122645 here]
</ul>
<br><br>

==== XP ==== 
* 833 XP awarded [http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/269725-adv-simple-dungeon-crawl-dm-darwinofmind-judge-renau1g-23.html#post5122645 here]
'''Total XP''' 833
<br><br><br>

==== Mini Stat Block for Combat ====
<pre>[sblock="Actions and Stats"][sblock=Actions]Move =

Minor =

Standard =

Free =
[/sblock]
[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"][URL="http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Yimayngurr_%28pacdidj%29"]Yimayngurr[/URL] Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 1
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:[COLOR=Green]Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush,[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Precise Assault, Furious Assault, [/COLOR][COLOR=gray]Sure Shot[/COLOR]

Ammo -
Javelin: 5/5

Conditions -[/sblock]</pre>

== Judge Comments == 

=== Level 1 ===
==== Approval 1 ==== 
Approved by [[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/members/h-m-gimlord.html]EN World D&D / RPG News - View Profile: H.M.Gimlord[/url] H.M.Gimlord]

Call me blind, but I can't find anything wrong here.
Only one more approval to go.
Judges,
Please review Yimayngurr
Cheers,
HMG

==== Approval 2 ==== 

* [[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/members/pacdidj.html]EN World D&D / RPG News - View Profile: pacdidj[/url] pacdidj]: Requested changes made. Proposal for a Kythira regional benefit submitted

Yep, all fixed.  Approved -- [[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/members/joenotcharles.html]EN World D&D / RPG News - View Profile: JoeNotCharles[/url] JoeNotCharles]

=== Overhaul ===

==== Approval 1 ==== 
Approved by [judge]

==== Approval 2 ====
Approved by [judge]

=== Status === 

Requesting approval for character overhaul.

[[Category:L4W:Requesting Approval]] [[Category:L4W:Half-Orc]] [[Category:L4W:Ranger]] [[Category:L4W]]

[[Category:L4W]]

=Talon
Code:
==Summary==
<!--This section will be what the DM (and probably you) use during the campaign. A premium has been placed on putting in the core data necessary to run the game; just the total damage and most salient information should appear here. 

Think of it as a Monster Manual Statblock for your character! -->
|Name=Talon
|Player=Phoenix8008
|Level=3
|Class=Ranger
|Paragon=
|Epic=
|Race=Longtooth Shifter
|Size=Medium
|XP=2,277/3,750
|Initiative=+4
|Senses=low light vision
|Perception=19
|Insight=14
|Aura=
|HP=36
|Bloodied=18
|SurgeValue=9
|Surges=8
|Regeneration=
|AC=17
|Fortitude=15
|Reflex=15
|Will=14
|Immune=
|Resist=
|SavingThrows=
|Speed=6
|Alignment=Unaligned
|Languages=Common, Goblin
|Str=16 (+3)
|Dex=16 (+3)
|Wis=16 (+3)
|Con=14 (+2)
|Int=9 (-1)
|Cha=10 (+0)
|Racial=+2 Str, +2 Wis; +2 Athletics, +2 Endurance; Longtooth Shifting encounter power
|ClassFeature=Beast Mastery, Hunter's Quarry, Prof: Cloth, Leather, Hide, Simple & Military Melee & Ranged
|BasicAttack=+7 vs AC - +1 Longspear 1d10+4 -or- +4 vs Reflex - Savage Rend 1d8+3 and slide target 1 square
|BasicRangedAttack=+6 vs AC - Longbow 1d10+3
|Feats=Initiate of the Old Faith, Beast Protector
|Skills=[http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=1 Acrobatics] +3, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=2 Arcana] +0, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=27 Athletics] +10, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=3 Bluff] +1, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=6 Diplomacy] +1, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=7 Dungeoneering] +9, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=8 Endurance] +4, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=9 Heal] +9, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=11 History] +0, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=13 Insight] +4, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=14 Intimidate] +1, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=16 Nature] +9, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=17 Perception] +9, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=18 Religion] +0, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=20 Stealth] +8, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=21 Streetwise] +1, [http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/skill.aspx?id=23 Thievery] +3
|Rituals=[http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/ritual.aspx?id=187 Raise Beast Companion]
|Power01={{L4W:Power
|Name=Hunter's Quarry
|PowerOrigin=Ranger class feature
|Frequency=At-Will
|ActionType=/ Minor
|TargetType=
|Keywords=Ranger Class Feature
|Target=Nearest Enemy Talon can see
|Attack=
|Hit=
|Special=
|Effect=+1d6 damage per round on hit against designated target. 

Once per turn as a minor action, you can designate the nearest enemy to you that you can see as your quarry.

Once per round, when you hit your quarry with an attack, the attack deals extra damage based on your level. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled. If you have dealt Hunter’s Quarry damage since the start of your turn, you cannot deal it again until the start of your next turn.

The hunter’s quarry effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the quarry is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your quarry.

You can designate one enemy as your quarry at a time.
}}
|Power02={{L4W:Power
|Name=Circling Strike
|PowerOrigin=Ranger Attack 1
|Frequency=At-Will
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee weapon
|Keywords=Beast, Martial, Weapon
|Target=One creature
|Attack=+7 vs. AC
|Hit=1d10+4
|Effect=Before or after the attack, your beast companion can shift 1 square.
}}
|Power03={{L4W:Power
|Name=Predator Strike
|Frequency=At-Will
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee Beast 1
|Keywords=Beast, Martial
|Target=One creature adjacent to you
|Attack=+7 vs AC
|Hit=1d8+5
}}
|Power04={{L4W:Power
|Name=Wild Shape
|PowerOrigin=Druid Multiclass feature
|Frequency=At-Will
|ActionType=/ Minor(Special) /
|TargetType=Personal
|Keywords=Polymorph, Primal
|Effect=You change from your humanoid form to beast form or vice versa. When you change from beast form back to your humanoid form, you shift 1 square. While you are in beast form, you can't use attack, utility, or feat powers that lack the beast form keyword, although you can sustain such powers.
<br>You choose a specific form whenever you use wild shape to change into beast form. The beast form is your size, resembles a natural beast or a fey beast, and normally doesn't change your game statistics or movement modes. Your equipment becomes part of your beast form, but you drop anything you are holding, except implements you can use. You continue to gain the benefits of the equipment you wear.
<br>You can use the properties and the powers of implements as well as magic items that you wear, but not the properties or the powers of weapons or the powers of wondrous items. While equipment is part of your beast form, it cannot be removed, and anything in a container that is part of your beast form is inaccessible.
|Special=You can use this power once per round.
}}
|Power05={{L4W:Power
|Name=+1 Longspear of Myrdroon's Shard Basic Melee Attack
|PowerOrigin=Item
|MagicItem=Yes
|Frequency=At-Will
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee weapon
|Attack=+7 vs AC
|Hit=1d10+4 lightning damage<br>
Make a melee basic attack with the weapon, with reach one greater than normal. All damage dealt by this attack is lightning damage.
}}
|Power06={{L4W:Power
|Name=Longtooth Shifting
|PowerOrigin=Racial
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=/ Minor /
|TargetType=Personal
|Requirement=You must be bloodied.
|Keywords=Healing
|Effect=Until the end of the encounter, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls. In addition, while you are bloodied, you gain regeneration 2.
}}
|Power07={{L4W:Power
|Name=Enclose the Prey
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee weapon (beast 1)
|Target=One creature designated as your quarry
|Effect=Before the attack, both you and your beast companion can shift 2 squares.
|Attack=+7 vs AC
|Hit=2d10+4+3 damage
|Beast: If your companion is a cat, spider, or wolf, the secondary attack deals  extra damage equal to your Wisdom modifier (+3).
}}
|Power08={{L4W:Power
|Name=Savage Rend
|PowerOrigin=Druid Attack 1
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee touch
|Keywords=Beast Form, Implement, Primal
|Target=One creature
|Attack=+4 vs Reflex
|Hit=1d8+3 damage and slide the target 1 square.
|Special=This power can be used as a melee basic attack.
}}
|Power09={{L4W:Power
|Name=Yield Ground
|PowerOrigin=Ranger Utility 2
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=/ Immediate Reaction /
|TargetType=Personal
|Keywords=Martial
|Trigger=An enemy damages you with a melee attack
|Effect=You can shift 3 squares and gain +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
}}
|Power10={{L4W:Power
|Name=Partnered Savaging 
|Frequency=Daily
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee beast 1
|Keywords=Beast, Martial
|Target=One creature
|Attack=+7 vs AC
|Hit=2d8+2
|Miss=Half Damage
|Effect=If the target is your quarry, you can shift 3 squares and make a basic attack against it.
}}
|Power11={{L4W:Power
|Name=+1 Longspear of Myrdroon's Shard [Equipment Power]
|Frequency=Daily
|ActionType=/ Free /
|TargetType=Melee Weapon
|Keywords=Lightning
|PowerOrigin=Item
|MagicItem=Yes
|Trigger=Use this power when you hit with the weapon.
|Effect=Push the target 2 squares, and deal 1d8 lightning damage to the target and each creature adjacent to the targets new position.
}}
|Power12={{L4W:Power
|Name=Beast Protector
|PowerOrigin=Feat
|Frequency=At-Will
|ActionType=/ Opportunity /
|TargetType=Melee Weapon
|Trigger=An enemy makes a melee attack against your beast companion.
|Effect=Enemy attack provokes an opportunity attack from you. If you are adjacent to your beast companion, you can make this basic melee attack even if you can't reach the attacker (you attack the attacker's reaching limb, for instance).
}}
|Power13={{L4W:Power
|Name=Paired Predators
|PowerOrigin=Ranger Attack 3
|Frequency=Encounter
|ActionType=/ Standard /
|TargetType=Melee weapon
|Target=One creature
|Effect=Beast Companion can make a melee basic attack (+7 vs AC, 1d8+2+3 damage) against a target within its reach as a free action.
|Attack=+7 vs AC
|Hit=2d10+4+3 damage
|Beast: If your companion is a boar, lizard, or wolf, the attacks deal +3 extra damage (already added in above).
}}
}}
<br>
<br>

== Mini Stats for Combat ==
 [sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start=
 Minor=
 Move=
 Standard=
 End=
 [sblock=Talon Stat block][U][B][URL=http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Talon_%28Phoenix8008%29]Talon[/URL][/B][/U]- [I]Male Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster Ranger 3[/I]
 [B]Passive Perception:[/B] +14, [B]Passive Insight:[/B] +19, [B]Initiative:[/B] +4
 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Fort:[/B] 15, [B]Reflex:[/B] 15, [B]Will:[/B] 14 -- [B]Speed:[/B] 6
 [B]HP:[/B] 36/36, [B]Bloodied:[/B] 18, [B]Surge Value:[/B] 9, [B]Surges left:[/B] 8/8
 [B]Action Points:[/B] 1, [B]Second Wind:[/B] not used
 :bmelee: [B]Basic Attack:[/B] +7 vs AC - +1 Longspear 1d10+4
 :bmelee: [B]Basic Attack:[/B] +7 vs AC (with reach 3) - +1 Longspear 1d10+4 lightning
 :bmelee: [B]Basic Attack:[/B] +4 vs Reflex - Savage Rend 1d8+3 and slide target 1 square
 :ranged: [B]Ranged Basic Attack:[/B] +6 vs AC - Longbow 1d10+3
 [B][U]Powers-[/U]
 [color=Green]At-Will:[/B] Circling Strike, Predator Strike, Wild Shape, Reach 3 basic attack[/color]
 [color=red][B]Encounter:[/B] Longtooth Shifting, Enclose the Prey, Savage Rend, Paired Predators[/color]
 [color=gray][B]Daily:[/B] Partnered Savaging, Longspear Push[/color][/sblock][sblock=Wolf Companion stat block][U][B] [URL=http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Talon_%28Phoenix8008%29#Companion]Dayna[/URL][/B][/U] - [I]Wolf Companion 3[/I]
 [B]Passive Perception:[/B] +17, [B]Passive Insight:[/B] +12
 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Fort:[/B] 15, [B]Reflex:[/B] 15, [B]Will:[/B] 16 -- [B]Speed:[/B] 7
 [B]HP:[/B] 38/38, [B]Bloodied:[/B] 19, [B]Surge Value:[/B] 9, [B]Surges left:[/B] 2/2
 :bmelee: [B]Basic Attack:[/B] Bite, +7 vs. AC; 1d8+2 (Dex)
 [B]Racial Abilities:[/B] Combat Advantage- When a wolf has CA, it gets +2(Wis mod) to damage rolls.[/sblock][/sblock]
<br>
<br>

==Fluff==
<!--This is where all the roleplaying pure-story elements go! Feel free to add as much as you like about your character.-->

===Appearance===
Shifter humanoid form: Talon wears dirty and patched clothes under his hide armor and bear cloak. A longspear and longbow are held tied across his back along with his pack. His golden eyes scan the room while his wide nose distends as if sampling all the smells in the room at once. His lower fangs stick up beyond his lips and his long fingernails and toenails are sharp and curved as the claws of the wolf which he was but a moment ago. His long, unkempt black hair hangs down to his shoulder blades and around his pointed ears. (Pretty much just like the male shifter pictured in PHB2, but I can't post that here due to copyright.)<br>
Height: 6'0"<br>
Weight: 185 lbs<br>
Eyes: Gold<br>
[[Image:Talon wolf.jpg|right]]<br>
<br>
Wildshaped wolf form: Grayish fur with brown highlights and black coloration around its head.<br>
Height: 3'0" at shoulder<br>
Weight: 170 lbs<br>
Eyes: Gold<br>
<br>
(Talon in wolf form ------>)<br>

===Description===
'''Alignment''': Unaligned<br>
'''Religion''': Follower of Dayna, Goddess of woods, virginity, hunt and wild beasts, sister of Apoli. She often represents the wildest aspect of the natural world. Highly revered by feys and other wood-dwelling creatures. <br>
'''Personality''': Talon feels a savage connection with nature. He has great appreciation for the way of the wild and is unsympathetic to calls for mercy and compassion. In the world, as in the wild, only the strong survive. As it should be. Because in the end, civilization is all temporary anyway. Eventually, the Wild reclaims everything.
<br>'''Speech''': Talon speaks in a halting manner due to being out of practice. Not the most intelligent of beings to start with, he doesn't comprehend many high minded concepts and would probably not want to try due to his prejudice against civilization. So he revels in his baseness and considers it a virtue. Not to mention his lack of social skills from living in the wild with only a wolf for the last several years.
<br><br>

===Companion===
[[Image:Dayna.jpg|right]]
Dayna is grey wolf named after the goddess of the hunt and the wild things of the world. 

|Name=Dayna
|Player=Phoenix8008
|Level=3
|Class=Companion
|Paragon=
|Epic=
|Race=Grey Wolf
|Size=Medium
|XP= n/a
|Initiative=+2
|Senses=low light vision
|Perception=17
|Insight=12
|Aura=
|HP=38
|Bloodied=19
|SurgeValue=9
|Surges=2
|Regeneration=
|AC=17
|Fortitude=15
|Reflex=15
|Will=16
|Immune=
|Resist=
|SavingThrows=
|Speed=7
|Alignment=Unaligned
|Languages= n/a
|Str=14 (+2)
|Dex=14 (+2)
|Wis=14 (+2)
|Con=14 (+2)
|Int=6 (-2)
|Cha=6 (-2)
|Racial=Combat Advantage: When a wolf has CA, it gets +2(Wis mod) to damage rolls.
|ClassFeature=
|BasicAttack=Bite, +7 vs. AC; 1d8+2 (Dex)
|BasicRangedAttack= n/a
|Feats= n/a
|Skills=Endurance +7, Perception +7
}}

===Background===
Talon was the youngest of his pack of 6. His family of shifters were all bounty hunters. Father, Mother, 2 brothers and a sister all worked as a pack to hunt down bounties for whomever was paying. Talon had been working on jobs with the pack since he was 8 cycles old. By the age of 10, they functioned as a proper pack, hunting monsters for humans or humans for monsters, whichever side was paying. Of course, they were outsiders to both sides. Too human for the monsters and too monstrous for the humans. They were hired by a mysterious benefactor to hunt down and kill a troublesome adventurer. An adventurer that would one day become one of 'The Five'. Mauros Esthanapiros, the human wizard. They tracked their quarry to a campsite north of the lake in the center of the Isle of Daunton. Attacking at night, they rampaged into the camp and had the tables turned on them quickly. Talon was one of the first struck down. Dazed and nearly unconscious, he heard his family being laid low one by one. Howls of rage became more desperate until there was nothing but silence left. The 'hero' had defeated the family of shifters, killing the parents and disappearing with Talon's brothers and sister, leaving Talon alone living to tell the tale once he came awake again.

Left alone in the wilderness, Talon surveyed the carnage that remained after the battle. The boy clawed his way into the earth to bury his parents after taking what weapons and equipment from their corpses that he could carry. He wondered what had happened to his lost packmates and why he was left behind. He left the campsite and tried to follow the trail and see if he could free his siblings. The trail disappeared so suddenly though that magic must have been involved. The scavenged food soon ran out though as Talon wandered lost through the wilderness. Starving, he learned the hard way how to hunt for small game to survive. Eating a rabbit one morning before the dawn, a bear lumbered into the clearing from nowhere, attracted by the smell of his meat most likely. Talon tried to defend himself, stabbing the bear with his spear multiple times, but that just seemed to enrage the beast further. The bear swiped its massive paws at Talon, knocking his weapon away and sprawling Talon out on the ground with bloody gashes torn in his chest. Towering over the fallen boy, the bear stood high on its back legs and prepared to lunge at the boy with a killing blow. As the sunrise broke into the clearing, it cast the shadow of a wolf across the bloody boy like a shield. With a howl, the wolf leapt upon the bear raking its belly, clawing its chest, and biting its neck savagely. The bear staggered under the assault and the wolf bounded away from its reach when it tried to defend itself.

Finally, the besieged bear fell dead and the wolf howled in victory before trotting to the far side of the clearing to lick her wounds. Sitting up, Talon touched his chest as he muttered a prayer of thanks to the goddess Dayna, mistress of the woods, the hunt, and wild things everywhere. Looking at the wolf across the clearing, he repeated his prayer, "Thank you, Dayna." Butchering the bear, Talon had plenty of meat to feed himself and the share with the wolf for a time. They even laired in the bear's cave together for a few years after Talon backtracked its trail to find the place. The she-wolf rarely left his side after that day and he began calling her Dayna because a best friend and companion should have a better name than 'wolf'. With his loneliness eased, Talon felt like part of a pack once more. He stopped searching for other people and civilization. Of course, that is when civilization found ''them''...

Talon was 14 cycles old now and strong in the ways of the wild. He and Dayna lived in the bear's cave and hunted together through the northern wilds of the Isle of Daunton. His weapon skills improved even as his connection with Dayna deepened. They were a team and partnership unrivaled in their isolation, even as the wilds around them grew deeper and darker. Running through the woods together, Talon and Dayna came upon a small caravan of humans hauling carts and wagons with cages full of animals that were under attack by a group of goblins. Watching from behind a nearby tree, the duo observed the battle without jumping in to help one side or the other. Whoever was the stronger would win in the end, and to alter that by helping one side or the other would be a disservice to nature. Eventually the humans won out over the goblins and began to deal with the aftermath of battle. Unfortunately, while they were watching intently, some elves managed to sneak up on the pair by dropping out of the trees above. The few stealthy attackers were a tough match against Talon and Dayna, but the young shifter thought they might be able to take them given enough time. But the remainder of the fighting force was coming up the hill to reinforce the foes. Talon brought down his opponent and saw an opening to escape, but Dayna was holding two foes at bay with the others coming up the path behind her. If he ran now, she would surely be killed or enslaved. 

Stepping up beside Dayna, Talon yelled at the attackers his demand to speak with their leader who turned out to be a female elf striding silently through the woods to meet and speak with him while waving the others to a defensive posture. Asking what their purpose with those captured animals was, the boy found out that they were gathering creatures for a circus. Once the concept of a circus was explained to Talon, he spat upon the ground in disgust but knew what he must do. Explaining their options, he told them that they could slay him and Dayna while taking losses themselves, or they could let Talon stay with Dayna and be her handler, because without him she would perform in no useful way for them anyway. They were put into separate cages and after a long road they wound up in the city of Daunton for the first showing of the circus. The elven woman Treya who handled all the other animals tutored Talon in how to teach Dayna tricks to perform for the crowds. She also taught him some fighting moves to improve his skills in battle. They traveled from Daunton to Bacarte', and even tried their show at Mykonos' Sanctuary and were preparing to travel through the henge and onto the Valley of Bone or the Empire of Jade. For two years Talon spent his nights manacled and unable to help free Dayna to escape from this nightmare.

One night, he had a dream so vivid he thought that he was somehow back in the wilds and woods running free with Dayna beside him. Stopping their run in a moonlit clearing, Talon panted with the exertion and looked deeply into Dayna's golden eyes. Strangely though, he was looking at her face from eye level... her eye level! And Dayna's eyes were dark brown, not golden! Shaking his head to clear his confusion, Talon suddenly found himself awake and back in the circus camp. He tried to stand up and kept falling back to a crawling posture. Then he saw the manacles laying empty on the ground next to him. Looking to his hands, he saw wolf paws on the ground instead! Turning in a quick circle, he saw his own tail disappearing around the curve as it ran away from him along his circle. Sitting down on his haunches, he almost howled to the sky in confusion. Stopping himself before he could alert the camp, Talon realized that he had a chance at freedom and must take it while he could. Trotting quietly to where Dayna was held, he realized that he couldn't unlock her cage without his hands and fingers. No sooner had the thought come to him before he found his body stretching and reshaping itself to his normal humanoid form. Gnashing his fangs together in a fierce grin of happiness, he quickly undid the lock of her cage with the keys hung nearby. Running together towards the edge of the camp Talon found that he could change once more into the form of a wolf and he and Dayna dashed and jumped to freedom and away from their slavery in the circus of Treya the Elf.

Once they were well and truly away, Talon focused on getting away from the 'civilization' that had trapped them for the last two cycles. From what he had seen, most of the civilized people were too weak to survive on their own and he was sure it was just a matter of time before the wilds of the world reclaimed their cities and populations to the betterment of all. With these thoughts in mind, he guided their path towards the most wild and least civilized place he could think of... Kythira. Talon and Dayna spent the next few years running free together around the more tame parts of Kythira. He spent more time as a wolf than he did as a man for those years. True pack mates at last, he and Dayna shared everything as he became further attuned to the wild and natural world around them.  He thought less and less about his previous life walking on two legs. Until one day the duo was traveling carefully around the border of a dragon's territory on an island just off of Kythira. They heard the sounds of battle coming from nearby and with a cautious growl decided to creep closer to investigate. They soon came upon a battle between the black dragon and a group of humanoid Mostly Monstrous Companions. Talon found it hard to conceive that these people could battle the dragon to such a standstill that it had to flee in order to survive. It raised long buried memories of his first family from long ago. Acting in unison to bring the attack to an enemy and conclude the hunt with such ferocity.  He felt a desire long thought to be removed from himself. A desire to know the company of a bigger pack once more. Perhaps even the stirring of a desire to see if after all these years he could discover anything about his long missing siblings. He would return to Daunton once more he decided. As the biggest city nearby, that would be the best place to start trying to make contacts. This time he would not be a prisoner enslaved. He would take the weak city folk on upon his terms. and he was strong enough now to protect Dayna and himself from harm. Especially if he could bring together a new pack to hunt with. He grinned ferally at the thought and they trotted off to find their way back to the mainland...

===Hooks===
1. Would like to find any information he can about his lost siblings: 2 brothers (Fang and Claw) and 1 Sister (Silver).

2. Just wants to be part of a larger pack again. An adventuring party will do nicely.

3. Would enjoy revenge on the female elven ranger named Treya who ran the circus Talon and Dayna were enslaved to.

4. Would also like revenge on Mauros Esthanapiros, the human male wizard of The Five who slew Talon's parents. But it seems unlikely as that group has been missing for some time and are presumed dead.

===Kicker===
Talon witnessed a battle between some Mostly Monstrous Companions and a Black Dragon on a small islet near Kythira. The group impressed him enough with their skills that he decided all city folk weren't weaklings, or so it seemed. And he missed fighting as a part of a bigger group. Memories of his family crept in and he thought for the first time in a long time about his missing brothers and sister. Talon decided to make his way to Daunton and seek contacts and companions to help him in his quest.

==Math==
<!--This is the section where you  "prove" all your stats and other numbers that make up your character summary (the thing above that summarizes your stats. The easier it is to understand the better; but it should be complete. If you have +5 to hit with your daily then show us how you got that. If you have 33 hit points? We need to know why. 

The character judges shouldn't have to go paging through their PhB to check every number for you; it's your job to make it understandable for them. 

There is no "official" version of what the math section should look like, the headings below are just suggestions; look at the other approved characters for their ideas.-->

===Attributes===
{{L4W:CS:Attributes
|StrCost=5
|StrInitial=14
|StrRacial=+2
|ConCost=5
|ConInitial=14
|ConRacial=0
|DexCost=9
|DexInitial=16
|DexRacial=0
|IntCost=1
|IntInitial=9
|IntRacial=0
|WisCost=5
|WisInitial=14
|WisRacial=+2
|ChaCost=0
|ChaInitial=10
|ChaRacial=0
|LevelBonus=0
}}

=== Attacks ===

{{L4W:CS:Attack
|StrMod=3
|DexMod=3
|IntMod=0
|Levelbonus=1
|ClassBonMAtk=
|ClassNameMAtk=
|FeatBonMAtk=
|FeatNameMAtk=
|EquipBonMAtk=+3
|EquipNameMAtk=+1 Longspear
|MiscBonMAtk=
|MiscNameMAtk=
|MAtkVs=AC
|ClassBonRAtk=
|ClassNameRAtk=
|FeatBonRAtk=
|FeatNameRAtk=
|EquipBonRAtk=+2
|EquipNameRAtk=Longbow
|MiscBonRAtk=
|MiscNameRAtk=
|RAtkVs=AC
}}

=== Defenses ===

{{L4W:CSDef
|StrMod=+3
|DexMod=+3
|ConMod=+2
|IntMod=+0
|WisMod=+3
|ChaMod=+0
|ClassBonAC=0
|ClassBonRef=1
|ClassBonFort=1
|ClassBonWill=0
|RaceBonAC=
|RaceBonRef=0
|RaceBonFort=0
|RaceBonWill=0
|FeatBonAC=
|FeatNameAC=
|FeatBonRef=
|FeatNameRef=
|FeatBonFort=
|FeatNameFort=
|FeatBonWill=
|FeatNameWill=
|EquipBonAC=3
|EquipNameAC=Hide
|EquipBonRef=
|EquipNameRef=
|EquipBonFort=
|EquipNameFort=
|EquipBonWill=
|EquipNameWill=
|MiscBonAC=
|MiscNameAC=
|MiscBonRef=
|MiscNameRef=
|MiscBonFort=
|MiscNameFort=
|MiscBonWill=
|MiscNameWill=
|Levelbonus=1
}}
<b>Saving Throw Bonuses</b> none

=== Senses and Reactions ===

{{L4W:CS:Senses
|DexMod = 3
|WisMod = 3
|LevelBonus = 1
|InitClass = 0
|InitClassFeature = 0
|InitRace = 0
|InitFeat = 0
|InitFeatName = 0 
|InitEquip = 0
|InitEquipName = 0
|InitOther = 0
|InsightClass = 0
|InsightClassFeature = 0
|InsightRace = 0
|InsightFeat = 0
|InsightFeatName = 0 
|InsightEquip = 0
|InsightEquipName = 0
|InsightOther = 0
|PerceptionClass = 0
|PerceptionFeature = 0
|PerceptionRace = 0
|PerceptionFeat = 0
|PerceptionFeatName = 0 
|PerceptionEquip = 0
|PerceptionEquipName = 0
|PerceptionOther = 5}}
<b>Special Senses:</b> Low-light Vision

=== Health ===

{{L4W:CS:Health
|ClassBase = 12
|Con = 14
|PerLevel = 5
|Level = 3
|Race = 0
|Feat = 0
|FeatName = 
|Equip = 0
|EquipName = 
|Other = 
}}<b>Surges per Day</b> 8

==== Speed and Movement ====

Speed: 6 (Race 6 - Equipment 0)
<br>

=== Racial Features ===
Longtooth Shifter
<ul><li>Size: Medium
<li>Speed: 6
<li>Vision: Low-light Vision
<li>Languages: Common, choice of one other
<li>+2 STR, +2 WIS, +2 Athletics, +2 Endurance
<li>Longtooth Shifting power
</ul>

=== Class Features ===
Beastmaster Ranger (w/ multi-class of Druid)
<ul><li>+1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex
<li>Trained in Dungeoneering or Nature (Dungeoneering)
<li>Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Dungeoneering (Wis), Endurance (Con), Heal (Wis), Nature (Wis), Perception (Wis), Stealth (Dex)
<li>Beastmaster Ranger
<li>Beast Mastery Fighting Style
<li>Hunter's Quarry
<li>Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, and Hide armor; Simple & Military Melee & Ranged weapons
<li>Raise Beast Companion Ritual
<li>Druid: Training in Nature, Wildshape Power, Savage Rend A/W as an Encounter power, can wield Druid implements.
</ul>

=== Feats ===

<ul>
<li>Level 1 - Initiate of the Old Faith (Multi-class Druid, PHB2)
<li>Level 2 - Beast Protector (Martial Power 132)
</ul>
<br>

=== Skills and Languages ===

<b>Languages</b> Common, Goblin<br />
{{L4W:CS:Skills
|StrMod=3
|DexMod=3
|ConMod=2
|IntMod=-1
|WisMod=3
|ChaMod=0
|Levelbonus=1

|AcrobaticsTrained=
|RaceBonAcrobatics=
|FeatBonAcrobatics=
|FeatNameAcrobatics=
|EquipBonAcrobatics=-1
|EquipNameAcrobatics=armor penalty

|ArcanaTrained=
|RaceBonArcana=
|FeatBonArcana=
|FeatNameArcana=
|EquipBonArcana=
|EquipNameArcana=

|AthleticsTrained=5
|RaceBonAthletics=2
|FeatBonAthletics=
|FeatNameAthletics=
|EquipBonAthletics=-1
|EquipNameAthletics=armor penalty

|BluffTrained=
|RaceBonBluff=
|FeatBonBluff=
|FeatNameBluff=
|EquipBonBluff=
|EquipNameBluff=

|DiplomacyTrained=
|RaceBonDiplomacy=
|FeatBonDiplomacy=
|FeatNameDiplomacy=
|EquipBonDiplomacy=
|EquipNameDiplomacy=

|DungeoneeringTrained=5
|RaceBonDungeoneering=
|FeatBonDungeoneering=
|FeatNameDungeoneering=
|EquipBonDungeoneering=
|EquipNameDungeoneering=

|EnduranceTrained=
|RaceBonEndurance=2
|FeatBonEndurance=
|FeatNameEndurance=
|EquipBonEndurance=-1
|EquipNameEndurance=armor penalty

|HealTrained=5
|RaceBonHeal=
|FeatBonHeal=
|FeatNameHeal=
|EquipBonHeal=
|EquipNameHeal=

|HistoryTrained=
|RaceBonHistory=
|FeatBonHistory=
|FeatNameHistory=
|EquipBonHistory=
|EquipNameHistory=

|InsightTrained=
|RaceBonInsight=
|FeatBonInsight=
|FeatNameInsight=
|EquipBonInsight=
|EquipNameInsight=

|IntimidateTrained=
|RaceBonIntimidate=
|FeatBonIntimidate=
|FeatNameIntimidate=
|EquipBonIntimidate=
|EquipNameIntimidate=

|NatureTrained=5
|RaceBonNature=
|FeatBonNature=
|FeatNameNature=
|EquipBonNature=
|EquipNameNature=

|PerceptionTrained=5
|RaceBonPerception=
|FeatBonPerception=
|FeatNamePerception=
|EquipBonPerception=
|EquipNamePerception=

|ReligionTrained=
|RaceBonReligion=
|FeatBonReligion=
|FeatNameReligion=
|EquipBonReligion=
|EquipNameReligion=

|StealthTrained=5
|RaceBonStealth=
|FeatBonStealth=
|FeatNameStealth=
|EquipBonStealth=-1
|EquipNameStealth=armor penalty

|StreetwiseTrained=
|RaceBonStreetwise=
|FeatBonStreetwise=
|FeatNameStreetwise=
|EquipBonStreetwise=
|EquipNameStreetwise=

|ThieveryTrained=
|RaceBonThievery=
|FeatBonThievery=
|FeatNameThievery=
|EquipBonThievery=-1
|EquipNameThievery=armor penalty
}}

== Powers ==

====Powers Known====

<ul>
 <li>Beastmaster Ranger(multiclass w/Druid)
 <li>At-Will
 <ul>
  <li>1st Level - Circling Strike
  <li>1st Level - Predator Strike
  <li>1st Level - Wild Shape (Multi-class w/Druid)
  <li>2nd level - +1 Longspear basic melee attack
  <li>2nd level - Beast Protector opportunity attack (feat)
 </ul>
 <li>Encounter
  <ul>
   <li>1st Level - Longtooth Shifting (racial)
   <li>1st Level - Enclose the Prey
   <li>1st Level - Savage Rend (Multi-class w/Druid)
   <li>2nd level - Yield Ground (Utility)
   <li>3rd level - Paired Predators
  </ul>
 <li>Daily
  <ul>
   <li>1st Level - Partnered Savaging
   <li>2nd level - +1 Longspear push/lightning
  </ul>
</ul>

==== Powers to Hit ====

{{L4W:PowerToHitSummary
|Power01={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Circling Strike
|StatMod=+3
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=1
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=+3
|EquipNamePower=+1 Longspear
|PowerVs=AC
}}
|Power02={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Predator Strike
|StatMod=+4
|StatType=Beast Atk
|Levelbonus=3
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=
|EquipNamePower=
|PowerVs=AC
}}
|Power03={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Enclose the Prey
|StatMod=+3
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=1
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=+3
|PowerVs=AC
}}
|Power04={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Savage Rend
|StatMod=+3
|StatType=Wis
|Levelbonus=1
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=
|EquipNamePower=
|PowerVs=Ref
}}
|Power05={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Partnered Savaging
|StatMod=+4
|StatType=Beast Atk
|Levelbonus=3
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=
|EquipNamePower=
|PowerVs=AC
}}
|Power06={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Magic Longspear Basic Melee Attack
|StatMod=+3
|StatType=STR
|Levelbonus=1
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=+3
|PowerVs=Ref
}}
|Power07={{L4W:PowerToHit
|PowerName=Paired Predators
|StatMod=+3
|StatType=Str
|Levelbonus=1
|ClassBonPower=
|ClassNamePower=
|FeatBonPower=
|FeatNamePower=
|EquipBonPower=+3
|PowerVs=AC
}}}}

== Equipment ==

{| border="1" rules="all" cellpadding="5"
|-
! Equipment Name     
! Value     
! Weight     
! Notes     
|-
| Hide Armor || 30gp || 25lbs || purchased at start
|-
| '''''-Stormshard-''''' +1 Longspear of Myrdroon's Shard || 840gp || 9lbs || Found in 'Not Wayne's Basement' adventure
|-
| Longbow || 30gp || 3lb || purchased at start
|-
| Standard Adventurer's Kit || 15gp || 33lbs || purchased at start. Contains backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, belt pouch, 10 days trail rations, 50ft hemp rope, 1 sunrod, waterskin. Items used are crossed out. 
|-
| Arrows (60) || 2gp || 6lbs || purchased at start
|-
| Climbers Kit || 2gp || 11lbs || purchased at start
|-
| 2 Potions of Healing || 50 gp ea || 2 lbs ea || purchased before 'Land Ho!' adventure
|}
<br>
<Br>
Cash: 392 gp (weighing 8 lbs @ 50 coins/lb)<BR>
Weight 99 lbs  (Normal  Load 160# - Heavy Load 320# - Max Drag Load 800#)

===Magic Item Wish List===
{| border="1" rules="all" cellpadding="5"
|-
!Level
!Item Name
!Source
!Item Slot
|-
|9, 14, 19, 24, 29 || Longspear of Myrdroon's Shard || Dragon Mag 364 || Weapon
|-
|3 || Flame Bracers || AV 117 || Arms
|-
|3 || Circlet of Second Chances || AV 139 || Head
|-
|4 || Wildrunners || AV 131 || Feet
|-
|4, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29 || Cloak of the Walking Wounded || AV 151 || Neck
|-
|5, 10, 15 || Poisoned Longbow || AV 75 || Weapon
|-
|5, 15, 25 || Breach Bracers || AV 116 || Arms
|-
|7 || Crown of Leaves || AV 140 || Head
|-
|8 || Beastlord Armor || AV 41 || Armor
|-
|9 || Green Thumbs ||AV 135 || Hands
|-
|10 || Branchrunners || AV 127 || Feet
|-
|14, 19, 24, 29 || Stormbolt Longspear || AV 78 || Weapon
|}
<br>
<br>

== Tracking ==

==== Treasure ====
100 gp starting funds<br>
-30 gp Hide Armor<br>
-30 gp Longbow<br>
-10 gp Longspear<br>
-15 gp Standard adventurers kit<br>
-2 gp 60 arrows<br>
-2 gp Climbers kit<br>
- - - - - <br>
11 gp remaining after startup<br>

*[http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/266862-adventure-hey-thats-not-waynes-basement-dm-h-m-gimlord-judge-ozymandias79-26.html#post5039710 Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! +126 GP]
*[http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/266862-adventure-hey-thats-not-waynes-basement-dm-h-m-gimlord-judge-ozymandias79-26.html#post5039710 Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! +1 Longspear of Myrdroon's Shard(source Drag 364)]<br>
-100 gp (purchased 2 potions of healing before leaving for 'Land Ho!' adventure)<br>
-1 gp (purchased new waterskin to replace one destroyed in 'Wayne's Basement' adventure.)
*[http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/270122-adventure-land-ho-fwbthw-dm-h-m-gimlord-judge-ozymandias79-16.html#post5126128 Land Ho! time gold after Drowned One fight +178gp]<br>
*+178 time gp from 2 DM credits spent during Land Ho! extended rest 
<br><br>
Total treasure:<BR>
- Cash: 392 gp<br>
- Level 4 magic item (840 gp value) - "Stormshard", a +1 longspear of Myrdroon's Shard<br>
- 2 Level 5 potions of healing(consumable)

==== XP ====
*[http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/266862-adventure-hey-thats-not-waynes-basement-dm-h-m-gimlord-judge-ozymandias79-26.html#post5039710 Hey! That's Not Wayne's Basement! +1,126 XP] --reached 2nd level - Total XP=1,126--
*[http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/258878-new-tavern-thread-hanged-man-47.html#post5041560 Bonus RPing/translating XP +200 XP]
*[http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/270122-adventure-land-ho-fwbthw-dm-h-m-gimlord-judge-ozymandias79-16.html#post5126128 Drowned Ones/Boneclaw fight/time XP +743 XP]
*Spent 2 DM credits (out of 6 left from Captain's Caper) to get +208 XP --Reached 3rd level - total 2,277

Total XP: 2,277/3,750

==== Changes ====
=====Level 2=====
1. No ability score change<br>
2. 1/2 level = 1 added to to attacks, defenses, initiative, skill checks, and ability checks.<br>
3. Not Paragon or Epic yet<br>
4. +5 HP's (31 new total, Bloodied 15, Surge 7)<br>
5. Beast Companion defenses, hit points, and attack bonus raised for new level.<br>
6. New feat at 2nd level: Beast Protector (source Martial Power 132)<br>
7. Powers: New 2nd level utility power Yield Ground (PHB 106)<br>
8. Other: +126 gp from first adventure along with a level 4 +1 magic Longspear which adds another +1 to my attack and damage rolls along with two powers (one At-Will, one Daily).<br>

=====Level 3=====
1. No ability score change<br>
2. no 1/2 level modifier change<br>
3. Not Paragon or Epic yet<br>
4. +5 hp's (36 new total, Bloodied 18, Surge 9)<BR>
5. Beast Companion defenses, hit points, and attack bonus raised for new level.<br>
6. No feat at 3rd level<BR>
7. Level 3 Encounter power Paired Predators (MP1 46)<BR>

== Judge Comments ==

=== Approval 1 ===
Approval from [[User:TwoHeadsBarking|TwoHeadsBarking]]:
* Summary: In your power descriptions you should remove everything about how they improve at higher levels, [W] and [B] symbols, and "[ability]" mods, and just leave the attacks and damage in their final, simplest form.
* Skills: You have a +2 in Diplomacy's racial column that shouldn't be there.
Besides that everything looks good.  Approved.
=== Approval 2 ===
Approval from [[User:renau1g|renau1g]]:

==Level 2 ==

=== Approval 1 ===
Approval from [[User:renau1g|renau1g]]:

=== Approval 2 ===
Approval from [[User:ScorpiusRisk|ScorpiusRisk]]:

=== Status ===

Approved for level 2 by [[User:renau1g|renau1g]] and [[User:ScorpiusRisk|ScorpiusRisk]]

[[Category:L4W:Approved_Characters]]
[[Category:L4W]]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases