Discussion - New Wiki site

Fragsie

Explorer
Anyone can edit, if you sign up for a wikia account first then a history of changes is kept. To be honest, I'm finding the new wiki a lot more user friendly that the old one, just give it a little while :)

Did you see this?
ScorpiusRisk said:
1. Open up your current character sheet. Some people have been able to do this in IE. Others have had to use a cached page.
2. Select either edit or view source to see all the code for your character.
3. Highlight all that code and copy.
4. Go to the new wiki. L4W Wiki
5. Select 'create a new article' from the left hand menu.
6. Name it. L4W:pC:Character Name(Player Name) is the standard format.
7. Select Blank Page.
8. Select 'create a new article'.
9. Send Scorpius 5 american dollars. <- I have been informed that this is actually not needed.
10. Paste what you have copied.
11. Save!
It's worth ensuring that the categories are set for the page, 'L4W:Approved characters' and/or 'L4W:Requesting Approval'

When you have got your character sheets accross, could you link up woes here please:
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:Adventure:The_Closed_Eye

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Also, if you are having a whole lot of trouble, like Phoenix just say which characters and wether they have been approved or not and I'll be happy to port them over.

I'll do yours this afternoon Phoenix.

I can't even complete step 1 of the process. Every time I open a current page of any of my characters I get a bunch of gibberish.

ScorpiusRisk, how about $1,000,000. It's yours if you can convert Kruk, Grakk and/or Max to the current site.

Check's is in the mail...I promise ;)

BenBrown

First Post
Please, please be careful when porting large pages to the new wiki. If you paste in from the old source, and you're not in source mode, the formatting gets all screwed up. I ended up re-pasting the Character Careers page to fix it.

Mezegis

First Post
Anyone having a difficult time linking the new wiki characters into their signatures? I keep getting an error msg saying url codes not allowed.

dimsdale

First Post
Please, please be careful when porting large pages to the new wiki. If you paste in from the old source, and you're not in source mode, the formatting gets all screwed up. I ended up re-pasting the Character Careers page to fix it.

Uh...that might have been me that did that. Can I copy and paste within the new page? Just want to make sure.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Anyone having a difficult time linking the new wiki characters into their signatures? I keep getting an error msg saying url codes not allowed.

Nope, worked for me just fine. Just make sure your using the link format for these forums and not for the new wiki.

Nebten

First Post
I hate to be johnny come late, but were there any other options with regards to sites? Wikia appears to be plauged with ads and auto sends me to websites that I'm afraid are trying to instal spyware or worse . . .

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
In initial testing wikia was the one where the templates worked. I prefer wikidot, but there were some issues there and its admitedly not as newbie friendly.

If you sign in, you should only see one add a page, usually a very small one, and there inner bad banner at the very bottom. I haven't actually had it auto send me anywhere.

renau1g

First Post
I've had the same experience as Scorpius Nebten. Try logging in and then hopefully it is better for you. I spent the better part of a few hours setting the thing up and had no problems.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
How do I recover my PCs old wiki to port them to the new wiki? The old page just doesn't load up and I am not sure what is meant by cache or whatever.

Remove ads