[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

Scotley

Hero
Warlord's are a bit more problematic in PbP as they require a lot of coordination to be truly effective.

That was my concern. I like the concept, but most of the at wills give somebody else an attack. Could be hell to run in pbp. I'll get back to the books tonight.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Just checking in here.

After speaking with ren online for a bit today I expressed my interest in adding my upcoming 3rd PC to the mix. Would be a lvl 1 half-orc hyrbid rogue/warlord.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
As an FYI, I continue to make headway in the conversion. I've just completed Area P and it goes up to Area W. Some of the areas are pretty easy, others are more difficult but it's actually not been so bad, only a few tweaks in the encounters to get 4e combat better.

Walking Dad

First Post
That was my concern. I like the concept, but most of the at wills give somebody else an attack. Could be hell to run in pbp. I'll get back to the books tonight.

I'm currently playing a warlord in LEW. The simplest solution is, that the warlord player rolls for the attacks he gives. No time wasted for another player doing the roll and the warlord player has the feeling his character is doing something.

Walking Dad

First Post
That does sound like a workable solution. Thanks WD.
Naturally you should talk about this with the other players before you can assume their ok. And the DM has to be willing to retrofit, if a player wants to spend a ressource he can use in conjunction with a base attack (like some item powers) for the attack the warlord rolled.

Directing the attack is simpler for this, as it doesn't that much care with positioning.

renau1g

First Post
Even better news now. I only have the final encounter area left to convert and expect to complete that tonight. I will then be able to submit it to the judges for review. I have one combat encounter and a skill challenge left in one of the adventures I'm wrapping up in L4W so once that's done I'll likely be able to run this one. I need to still flesh out the location as it'll be a fairly significant addition to the setting, but that should be done soon also.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the setting, the rules or character classes, or anything else 4e or L4W related.

Remove ads