Adventure: The Lost Workshop (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha looks the ship over with ill-concealed glee, for all the world like an excitable little girl setting off on an outing. Somewhat belatedly, she remembers herself and does her lacklustre best to put on a worldly expression.

"Sure, I know how to talk to people," she answers Seros in an off-hand kind of way. "'slong as we're not dealing with anyone fancy. Doesn't seem likely, right?"

She strolls up closer to the ship in the wake of RAM TIGER's barrelling charge, feeling vaguely that somebody a little more articulate should probably be around to provide some kind of explanation - however inadequate - for the frenzied creature's presence.

[sblock=OOC]Hi folks! Re: character sheets, it seems like L4W Wiki is where it's at now, people should probably put their characters up there. Kasha's there already: http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:PC:Kasha_(Antithetist)[/sblock]

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]
Kasha Female Half-Orc Rogue 1
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 9, Passive Perception 9, Low-light vision

HP 22/22 Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 16, Will 12
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points: 1

Encounter Powers: Torturous Strike
Furious Assault
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
-

Consumables:

14 gp[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=kingfisher]
20070521113133_kingfisher.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=kingfisher]
HELP, MY HEAD IS TOO BIG FOR MY BODY!
_________/
kingfisher.jpg

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The half-a-dozen crew still seem oblivious to the group's presence. As RAM TIGER comes barreling up the dock, they scurry up masts and begin preparing the sails.

There's no sign of the robed figure who met everyone in the tavern. The ship is dark, however, and most of you are just reaching the end of the dock where the gangplank leads to the deck.

[sblock=Wish Lists]I edited the first post of the thread, but some of you might not have seen it. In your next post, please post a sblock with your wish list[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
"Hmph." Kasha turns back to the others with a scowl. "Real welcoming bunch. Talk about creepy..."

She steps onto the gangplank and up towards the deck, a little subdued, peering around for any sign of their contact from the inn.

[sblock=Wish List]!!! Luckblade Longsword +1 - lvl 3 (Adventurer's Vault)
!! Sylvan Leather Armor +1 - lvl 3
! Cloak of Resistance +1 - lvl 2[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As Kasha walks up onto the deck, she almost stubs her toe on a small chest just sitting on the deck with a folded note pinned to it with another small knife.

[sblock=The Note]he note is ripped in several places, rendering several words indecipherable:

You <unintelligible> to take and sail ship Nexal to Island of Sakara at north edge of Sakar Reef two day of travel north and easterly. Crew will obey. Return to Daunton and <unintelligible> will making of payment additional reward when island and workshop is <unintelligible>.

Is is signed -S.[/sblock]

[sblock=Inside the chest]The chest contains 200 gold coins.

GoldCoins.jpg

[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Oh, hey, looks like we're in business!" Kasha calls back to the others with a big grin, waving the note at them absently with one hand while she bends down and opens up the chest with the other. The grin gets even wider when she sees the contents - more money than she's ever seen in one place in her life. She jumps up with a gleeful laugh. "Lauto's shining balls, this is my kinda job."

Leaving the gleaming contents of the chest behind for the timebeing, and passing off the note to anybody who reaches for it, she struts out into the centre of the deck and looks up at the crew in the riggings, smiling impishly. In the spirit of honest inquiry and healthy curiosity, she has no doubts at all what has to be done. "Hey, you!" she yells up to the nearest crewman. "Come down here and dance me a jig!"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Even as Kasha is calling up, the crewmen drop the sails. The wind isn't strong, but there's enough that ship begins pulling at its moorings.

The still-silent, hooded crew climb down (ignoring Kasha and the others) and begin trying to untie the now-taut mooring lines, raise the anchor, two look ready to pull up the gang plank.

[sblock=Rolls/Passive scores]For insight or perception checks, feel free to look at the spoiler blocks if your passive score is high enough, otherwise, roll via invisiblecastle. Feel free to make any other checks if you're looking for other information as well[/sblock]

[sblock=Insight 15 OR backstory knowledge about sailing]These guys seem only marginally competent as sailors. It might be safer if I took over.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 15]The sailors must be wearing metal-shod shoes, because their footsteps are heavy and scrape on the deck. They seem to be wearing masks under their hoods so even their eyes aren't visible.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lightning Conditions]A little reminder that it's really dark on the ship, only the light from the town provides any illumination. Mechanically, it's dim light that's probably going to be total darkness as soon as the ship gets away from Daunton. What are you guys doing for light?[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha pouts. "They don't seem so obedient to me. Hmph..."

[sblock=Rolls]Perception 1d20-1=0
Insight 1d20-1=4[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Don't wanna take over the adventure - I guess maybe people aren't too active over Easter. I'll sit tight now and let other people chip in - hopefully somebody knows something about sailing and we won't be thrown upon the sailing skills of these lame zombie people who can't even dance. :([/sblock]

Farce

First Post
Seros stares for a moment in quiet contemplation as Kasha impulsively rushes forward, the deva's warning dies in his throat as the half-orc jumps on board. With the appearance of the gold, he begins moving forward and then once the figures begin moving for the gangplank, Seros hurries up to make it onboard.

The deva moves next to Kasha, whispering "Have you ever sailed before? These sailors don't look like the most competent crew, I am wary about trusting our welfare to them, I would feel more comfortable with one of us at the helm"

[sblock=ooc]
Are there any lanterns we could light on board? If not, I suppose...sunrods? I have only 2. I should've bought an everburning torch instead of that healing potion... :(

Would the star/moonlight grant enough for low-light vision to function?

Wish List:
Armor: +1 Leather Battle Harness ***
Neck: +1 Healer's Brooch **
Wand: +1 Master's Wand of Static Shock*

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Seros Male Deva Artificer 2 Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16
HP:31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Powers:
Magic Weapon
Static Shock
Memory of 1000 Lifetimes
Healing Infusion (x2)
Scouring Weapon
Swift Mender
Punishing Eye

Conditions:

Full sheet: [/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
Frost follows the others, he watches the movements of the sailor's with an appraising eye.

[sblock=Wish List]
Weapon - level 3 - +1 Rhythm Blade spiked chain ***
Neck: +1 Brooch of Shielding **
Feet: Acrobat Boots*
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]FrostMale Longtooth Shifter Fighter 2 Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-Light
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:14
HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/11
Powers:
Reaping Strike
Dual Strike
Longtooth Shifting
Funneling Fury
Battle Fury Stance
Villian's Menace

Conditions:

Full sheet: [/sblock]